Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:41 pm

crazyhorse » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm wrote:I may be in a minority here, but if the fee is 58 million I am happy.

Firstly we get the cash up front which can be used to strengthen. If the money is reinvested we can get hold of two more marquee signings.

Secondly, it is 12 million more than twice what we paid for him. Good business regardless of his perceived actual value.

Thirdly there is every chance he will do something else stupid in the future devaluing him more.

Fourth and finally. I actually feel getting rid of him will help Sturridge. Let's make him the main man and see him go. We know he is capable of 30 goals a season. The balance of the side will change as we won't have to accommodate Suarez so we will Coutinho, sterling and the other attacking players being used better.

Firstly, great concerns on how the money will be spent. Not convinced it will be spent on two OR EVEN ONE "marquee signing", it'll probably be frittered away on more "players with potential", or worse still, players Brendan previously worked with  :;):

Secondly, it may be twicw what we paid for him but he is acknowledged as the third best  striker in the world, even with a 4 month ban hanging over his head he's surely worth more than £58 million ?

Thirdly, who gives a f*ck what he does in the future   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:44 pm

just get it over with i say, staying or going, one or the other  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm

If Suarez leaves for 58 million then we really will be seen as fair game when the likes of Madrid eventually come calling for Sterling. I mean its such a derisory figure given Spurs received 85.3 million for Bale ,a player in terms of genuine ability that's  not even in the same neighbourhood as Suarez.

We need to put down a marker with this deal , if only to disprove the Spanish belief they can visit Anfield and wipe their collective arses on our welcome mat.
I mean ,you cant blame them thinking along those lines as they have already deprived us of the finest defensive midfielder in World football for 24 million euros
and then two short years later implemented a buy out clause starting at 100 million ..... You have to admire their f*cking gall  :D

I can only imagine Suarez's next buy out clause when he eventually spirits himself to the Catalan's  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Wow can't believe some article in a ***** tabloid is causing so much debate. There's no way he is leaving for £58m. Barca will have done well to get him for £70m but personally think it will be £75m
Doeboy

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Oh forf ucks sake, Wilfried Bony and Ben Davies from Swansea?????? Tell me it's not true......
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:57 pm

I read somewhere that ajax will get 5 million when we sell Suarez...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Life after Suarez ,a different take on the situation and a decent read.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/07/inverting-diamond/?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Soupyzrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:23 pm wrote:Oh forf ucks sake, Wilfried Bony and Ben Davies from Swansea?????? Tell me it's not true......

With the rubbish we have been linked to, it doesn't surprise me at all.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:36 am

Interwebs currently lighting up at the moment.

Unverified reports that Liverpool / Barcelona to confirm the sale of Luis Suarez in the vicinity of 75m in the next few hours.

Personally I had hoped we had held out for more, but not a bad price.

The problem is what we will do with this money.  :glare:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby killerp » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 am

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1238178#p1238178]eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:36 a

The problem is what we will do with this money.  :glare:[/quote]

Go and buy 1 rock solid world class pla... No wait I'm dreaming... Oh fook it bony and whatever Southampton players we have not already bought will do.

Sarcasm aside it looks like we are going to waste all of it and wonder how we did it by December when the sanchezs and vidals are destroying the EPL.

I have yet to see one name that tells me we actually mean business and not hoping for miracles to happen this season.

Toni Kroos
Falcoa
James rodriguez
Ibra
Kedeira
Jackson Martinez
Yaya Toure
Pogba
Levezzi

Take your f'ing pick with £75 million in the bank we can get at least one of these name

As someone already put it, Rodgers is throwing Sh*t against the wall and hoping some of it sticks.
killerp

Postby eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:19 am

Completely agree mate.

eds

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 am

Just to be linked to a world beater would excite me and alot of fans.. but I fear the money from Suarez will be stored and Brendan will only have a budget from that.

£25m for Lallana will be the big money signing this summer with players like Can, Lambert, Markovic, maybe Lovren, Bony and a full back to round things off.

I hope im wrong and Brendan gets the chance to spend atleast 50M on a superstar (not a panic Carroll buy)
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:43 pm

he's officially gone  :down:
Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... uis-suarez?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Adios Luis  and I do hope web rumours that its 75 million are true
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Yep, there's an announcement on the official site saying Luis Suarez is being allowed to leave the club.
The deal is not quite done but the clubs have agreed on a fee and Liverpool have said he is free to go, he's just finalising personal terms with Barcelona but as far as LFC is concerned he has gone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion