Euro 2008 - D

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:34 pm

Would you not change this part of the forum to "EURO 2008"

As the world cup is over,well anyway if you cant ,we'll just talk about it in this thread

who will win it boys,who will qualify,Will Ireland qualify,Will scotland qualify and will england and wales qualify
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:25 am

From the British Isles nations, only England will qualify.

They'll get knocked out in the quarter finals, and that's a generous prediction.

Germany to win.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:40 am

I'll tell you who won't win:

England. We could have the technical ability of 1970's Brazil, the raw grit and determination of Beckenbauer's Germany, and the luck of the Frogs in the '98 final.

And it would all be undone by that walking sh*t-stain Mclaren. The bloke is so tactically inept, we will be lucky to traverse the group stages. Infact - we'll be lucky to qualify at all.
How a man with all the footballing niche of a cabbage managed to con even the halfwits at the FA is beyond me. Do these morons actually sit and think what they're doing? Or do they simply think "Hmmm... Steven will do the big job for next to nothing. We could pocket the extra cash ourselves."?

I mean FFS - Ronald f*cking McDonald would make a better manager than that Manc-branded grinning b*stard.

Did he hypnotize them? Did he put them under his spell? Is he some kind of f*cking Sorcerer?
Whichever method of mind control he used should be adopted by the army and deployed on the wankstains in Iraq. The man is a f*cking retard, and will f*ck this country's International prospects up for the length of his tenure.

What is it that makes the c*ntbags at the FA think "I know - we'll go for a total imbecile and then sack him when he fails to deliver"? Let's look at the roll of shame which could easily have been avoided if they'd taken the time to assess their candidates, rather than just played with each others' willies:

Kevin Keegan:

Made David Moyes look like a tactical wizard.

Glen Hoddle:

Made Captain Bligh look like a man-management genius.

Sven Yoda Eriksson:

Had the personality of a pear tree, and even less footballing know-how.

The last decent national coach England had was Terry Venables. He got us as close as we've been since 1966, and the fookers go and sack him.

Spastics.

Sadly, with the exception of about 5 players, the current national side has the combined ability of a tube of toothpaste, and the teamwork ethic of a suicidal hobo.

Question is - how much of the latter is down to the fact that they're taking orders from a man who would lose a battle of wits with an empty suitcase?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:13 am

I think after Euro 2008 if England qualify, Stevie G should retire from international football.

With McLaren, they stand absolutely no chance of winning the World Cup.

By 2010, he'll be 30 years old. Why risk potential injury in a futile qualifying campaign?

International football for England is not what it's hyped up to be.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:52 am

Terry Venables (1994-96)
P23 W11 D11 L1
%wins 47.8

Glenn Hoddle (1996-99)
P28 W17 D6 L5
%wins 60.7

Kevin Keegan (1999-2000)
P18 W7 D7 L4
%wins 38.8

Sven-Goran Eriksson (2001-06)
P67 W40 D17 L10
%wins 59.7

Steve McClaren (2006-present)
P6 W3 D2 L1
%wins 50.0

13 years and five managers ( not counting the game that Peter Taylor took charge of) . I too thought Venables had been our best mgr over this period and was suprised to see that Englands win ratio under him was less that 50% . Perhaps the fact that we only lost one game with him in charge adds more credibility to the view of many that he has been our best manager in recent times .

However in terms of games won , Glenn Hoddle was our most successful manager, perhaps if Beckham  hadn't got himself sent off v Argentina in the world cup , we might now be remembering him with more appreciation . (Even if the players wouldn't :D )

Can we win Euro 2008? , yes we can , Will we win it ? No,

Expect to get knocked out by France/Spain/Italy in the semi finals .

:(
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Huck » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 am

When talking about international competitions...saying the words "Spain" and "semifinals" in the same sentence seems a joke
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 am

Yeah ,like England Spain have been massive under achievers over the years , but I think thats going to change.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Huck » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:45 pm

By the way...i don't know if there is already a thread talking about the forthcoming England-Spain clash but...what do u think about it? Are u innterested in it? It could be the end of Luis Aragones as Spain's coach if pass over us.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:16 am

I'll watch it. I like watching Spain.

I also like watching McLaren struggle.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:16 am

Football in the British isles and in Ireland is poor enough at the moment.

Only England are good enough to qualify for tournaments and they aren't good enough to beat a decent team in them.

There hasn't ever been a great international team from this part of the world(Ireland/NI/Wales/Scotland happy to qualify for anything and England have never travelled and even reached a final in about 25 tournaments!).

Thankfully England has the most entertaining league in the world so I'll concentrate on that.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:07 am

Liverpool FC would win Euro 2008 if they entered.

Rafa would make every International coach his bitch.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:24 am

woof woof ! wrote:Terry Venables (1994-96)
P23 W11 D11 L1
%wins 47.8

Glenn Hoddle (1996-99)
P28 W17 D6 L5
%wins 60.7

Kevin Keegan (1999-2000)
P18 W7 D7 L4
%wins 38.8

Sven-Goran Eriksson (2001-06)
P67 W40 D17 L10
%wins 59.7

Steve McClaren (2006-present)
P6 W3 D2 L1
%wins 50.0

13 years and five managers ( not counting the game that Peter Taylor took charge of) . I too thought Venables had been our best mgr over this period and was suprised to see that Englands win ratio under him was less that 50% . Perhaps the fact that we only lost one game with him in charge adds more credibility to the view of many that he has been our best manager in recent times .

However in terms of games won , Glenn Hoddle was our most successful manager, perhaps if Beckham  hadn't got himself sent off v Argentina in the world cup , we might now be remembering him with more appreciation . (Even if the players wouldn't :D )

Can we win Euro 2008? , yes we can , Will we win it ? No,

Expect to get knocked out by France/Spain/Italy in the semi finals .

:(

Aside from the stats i'd have Venables back anyday
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:00 pm

What do you all think on Irelands chances?We didnt deserve to lose to Germany
and we should have beat cech republic,Shane Long up front tongith for his debut,
We should win easily,4-0 i think ,we know that we can beat germany and czech
republic,as we played well against them both,we have geramy still to come to
croker so it should be some game,i still think we can qulify
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:39 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'll tell you who won't win:

England. We could have the technical ability of 1970's Brazil, the raw grit and determination of Beckenbauer's Germany, and the luck of the Frogs in the '98 final.

And it would all be undone by that walking sh*t-stain Mclaren. The bloke is so tactically inept, we will be lucky to traverse the group stages. Infact - we'll be lucky to qualify at all.
How a man with all the footballing niche of a cabbage managed to con even the halfwits at the FA is beyond me. Do these morons actually sit and think what they're doing? Or do they simply think "Hmmm... Steven will do the big job for next to nothing. We could pocket the extra cash ourselves."?

I mean FFS - Ronald f*cking McDonald would make a better manager than that Manc-branded grinning b*stard.

Did he hypnotize them? Did he put them under his spell? Is he some kind of f*cking Sorcerer?
Whichever method of mind control he used should be adopted by the army and deployed on the wankstains in Iraq. The man is a f*cking retard, and will f*ck this country's International prospects up for the length of his tenure.

What is it that makes the c*ntbags at the FA think "I know - we'll go for a total imbecile and then sack him when he fails to deliver"? Let's look at the roll of shame which could easily have been avoided if they'd taken the time to assess their candidates, rather than just played with each others' willies:

Kevin Keegan:

Made David Moyes look like a tactical wizard.

Glen Hoddle:

Made Captain Bligh look like a man-management genius.

Sven Yoda Eriksson:

Had the personality of a pear tree, and even less footballing know-how.

The last decent national coach England had was Terry Venables. He got us as close as we've been since 1966, and the fookers go and sack him.

Spastics.

Sadly, with the exception of about 5 players, the current national side has the combined ability of a tube of toothpaste, and the teamwork ethic of a suicidal hobo.

Question is - how much of the latter is down to the fact that they're taking orders from a man who would lose a battle of wits with an empty suitcase?

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

F.ucking classic, and very true, every single word of it.

Cant say for sure about the F.A and their willies  :laugh:  but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.
66-1112520797

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:01 pm

After last nights performance, I think we'll win the whole tournament. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion