Champions league 2008/2009

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Thu May 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Im so happy for Barcelona and their fans for showing up the Man U Charlatans as they really are, a jammy bunch of :censored:. Real football wins the day, and they are the real Kings of Europe.
Messi was outstanding. Rooney & Ronaldo were just moaners.

As for Tevez, fergie disrespected him again, by benching him and starting with a negative inept starting 11. Tevez get out of that Mancky club, you deserve better.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu May 28, 2009 2:04 pm

bavlondon wrote:You make it sound so simple St Mike. I like. :D

It's true though. The guy, despite his record, has no tactical nous whatsoever.

We were in a worse position (3-0) being outplayed in midfield as badly as the Mancs were, and Rafa brings on a defensive midfielder. Next thing you know we're European champions.

Ferguson plays 4 centre forwards when theyre chasing a good passing side. He's a :censored: neanderthal. He's Allardyce with £30m players.

Being completely tactically inept may beat the utter dross that makes up 75% of the Premier League, but he always has and always will get found out by good opposition managers.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ste123lfc » Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:Does anyone no any welders?
Apparently there is a bus in Stretford that need its top putting back on  :laugh:  :laugh:

nicked my joke!

:D  :D

Shameless ! As am I, nicked from RAWK:

It may well of been nicked from RAWK, but not by me, I got it sent in a text.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu May 28, 2009 3:58 pm

What tune is that part sung to ste?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Hammered by a better footballing team, who play football like the purists say it should be played.
And I heard something interesting on the radio this morning : just look at their jerseys - they give "sponsorship" for free to a charity. You gotta hand it to them....
A club owned by the fans, for the fans, and they give so much back. I like 'em...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Thu May 28, 2009 4:13 pm

If they are owned by the fans how do they have so much money? It's still the chairman who foots the bill for the transfers right? I've always wondered how Spanish clubs work in that respect.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Thu May 28, 2009 4:45 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:Does anyone no any welders?
Apparently there is a bus in Stretford that need its top putting back on  :laugh:  :laugh:

nicked my joke!

:D  :D

Shameless ! As am I, nicked from RAWK:

The famous Man United went to Rome to see the Pope

And this is what he said...

I know a team called Liverpool, we've had them here before,
They were here in '77 and again in '84,
You say you're Kings of Europe,
but The Reds have won much more.

So this is what I say...

WHO THE :censored: ARE MAN UNITED (etc etc)

Thats a good song, what tune is it sung to?

Its to the tune of, and it pains me to write this. Glory Glory Man Utd. You know the one and only song you hear for 90 minutes or 98 minutes if they are losing.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu May 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Eugh...well the words are good anyway.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Fan goes berserk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Champions League - Upset United fan kills four

Eurosport - Thu, 28 May 11:50:00 2009

A Manchester United fan in Nigeria killed four people when he drove his minibus into a crowd of Barcelona supporters after his team lost the Champions League final.

The crowd in the town of Ogbo were celebrating Barcelona's victory after the match when the bus drove into them. A police spokeswoman said 10 people were injured and the driver was arrested.

"The driver had passed the crowd then made a U-turn and ran into them," she said.

Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0 in what was hailed as a dream final between two of Europe's best clubs. Both teams have large fan bases in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation.
Reuters
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu May 28, 2009 5:05 pm

I dont think fergie will rule europe... You could shove your 3 cups up your red @rs because you wont reach our 5!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 28, 2009 6:52 pm

we shouldn't make fun of Man utd. we should feel sorry as they were humiliated in a way the fighting spirit of LFC never has been. to be played off the pitch in a game that should have been 5-0 and was probably the most one sided champions league final ever must be horrible for those poor supporters of Man Utd.

LFC always put up a fight, sometimes when 3 goals down against Milan we win, sometimes when we need 3 against chelsea we give them the fright of their lives but to be rolled over like that - poor poor humiliated Manure fans.

so sad :down:

:D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Stop it Niall please, I'm filling up here mate. Where's the tissues.  :down:
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu May 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I think Fergie was more upset at the fact that he didn't equal Bob Paisley's record of winning 3 european cups.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 28, 2009 7:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You make it sound so simple St Mike. I like. :D

It's true though. The guy, despite his record, has no tactical nous whatsoever.

We were in a worse position (3-0) being outplayed in midfield as badly as the Mancs were, and Rafa brings on a defensive midfielder. Next thing you know we're European champions.

Ferguson plays 4 centre forwards when theyre chasing a good passing side. He's a :censored: neanderthal. He's Allardyce with £30m players.

Being completely tactically inept may beat the utter dross that makes up 75% of the Premier League, but he always has and always will get found out by good opposition managers.

Its a good point mick, i was expecting him to change tactics when they were clearly being overrun in midfield and try and stop them playing.

For them to end up with four strikers starved of posession was comical really.

I am sure Barca were surprised at the tactics employed and the ease with which they were allowed to run the game in the second half.

Sometimes bringin in a more defensive player in a game where you are struggling helps get back the initiative.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 28, 2009 8:10 pm

BBC World interviewed Utd fans as they came out of the stadium after teh game and two lads said the same thing 'the team didnt turn up and neither did the fans'.

They admitted the fans didnt get behind the team!!  Imagine if we´d rolled over and died in Istambul !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion