Matchday 7
Wednesday 26.09.07 20:00

Stuttgart - Bochum 1:0
FC Bayern- FC Energie 5:0
Nürnberg - Bayer 04 1:2
Arminia - Hannover 0:2
Frankfurt - Karlsruhe 0:1

--------------------------------------------------------

- It seems that Bayern may win everything in sight this year. They've already won one Bundesliga cup, and it seems that they will win the league, the other German cup and perhaps the UEFA Cup. Early but they have been fantastic so far.

- Werder are falling apart with injuries and poor results. Only Diego looks interested

- Stuttgart, last year's league winners, are imo fortunate enough to have won it and are an average squad overall. Indifferent start for them as well

- Dortmund are having the same pathetic start they've had in the last several years. I was hoping they would pull themselves together. I have some sympathy for them, their fans are tremendous.

- HSV have started well and surprisingly so have Bayer Neverkusen as they are known in Germany.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:53 pm

Nice thread, although I won't post much, it's been ages since I don't watch a Bundesliga game.

Last time I checked Kohln, Kaisserlautern and Hamburg were top division classic teams!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:54 am

I remember those days as well, when Kaiserslautern used to be a decent team.

Unfortunately for them, they were relegated.

I think the Bundesliga imo is far more entertaining than the Portuguese,Dutch or French leagues to be quite frank with you.

But then again, I did grow up watching it.
AB's Red Army

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:55 am

Matchday 8

Schalke 04 - Hertha BSC  1:0
Werder - Arminia  8:1
Bayer 04 - FC Bayern  0:1
HSV - Wolfsburg  2:2
Bochum - Nürnberg  3:3
Karlsruhe - Dortmund  3:1
Rostock - Stuttgart 2:1

Standings

1.   Bayern Munich - 20 points
2.   Schalke 04 - 16 points
3.   Karsruhe - 15 points
4.   Bayer Leverkusen - 14 points
5.   Werder Bremen - 14 points
6.   HSV - 14 points
7.   Hertha Berlin - 12 points
8.   Frankfurt - 11 points
9.   Stuttgart - 10 points
10. Arminia - 10 points
11. Hannover - 10 points
12. Wolfsburg - 9 points
13. Bochum- 9 points
14. Rostock- 9 points
15. Dortmund - 6 points
16. Duisburg - 6 points
17. Numberg - 5 points
18. FC Energie - 2 points
AB's Red Army

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:58 am

Who cares only A B??
The Grudge

Postby red37 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:34 am

Bayern have their focus on the Bundesliga title, with little to stop/distract them due to their failure to enter the Champions League. Having said that, they must surely be one of the hot favourites to progress throughout the entire UEFA Cup campaign....But its not the same is it. They will take some stopping in any case. A club of their stature, its vital to be at the top table of continental football...they will no doubt make sure of that in time for next season, by winning the domestic title. At a canter.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:11 am

red37 wrote:Bayern have their focus on the Bundesliga title, with little to stop/distract them due to their failure to enter the Champions League. Having said that, they must surely be one of the hot favourites to progress throughout the entire UEFA Cup campaign....But its not the same is it. They will take some stopping in any case. A club of their stature, its vital to be at the top table of continental football...they will no doubt make sure of that in time for next season, by winning the domestic title. At a canter.

Hitzfeld made some great signings this summer, especially in Franc Ribbery. Obviously there's Toni and Klose, who are a bit late bloomers if you will [both nearly 30 years of age], but they've gotten a new threat to their side. Up front and down the flanks with Bastian and Ribbery.

The only problem imo that they will have is in the center of the park.
AB's Red Army

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Can only see Bayern winning the league, the other top sides (Stuttgart, Schalke and Bremen) are far too inconsistent at this point in time. Karlsruhe have made a great start for a promoted side also.

On a side note the Bundesliga is a cracking league, good atmospheres, sell outs all over the country (best attendances in Europe I believe), safe standing areas which work very well (obviosuly helps the atmosphere) and plenty of goals week in week out. A little behind England, Spain and Italy in terms of overall quality but a top league in it's own right. The fact that most of their national players ply their trade there says a lot for me as well.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VFL1900 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:48 am

Whats up fellows,

I don´t know weather it´s the right topic but I´m not allowed to make any own topics so I´ve thought this would be the "right" topic. I´m  a german student beeing one year in Stafford and for me it´s a dream to visit Anfield Road. If I´m lucky in getting some tickets (Is it the best way to purchase at the official site?), can I then enter Anfield Road wearing my Gladbach-Shirt or does it cause some culture-Problems ??? (because I think there are only a few Reds nowadays who know something about the Friendship - or am I wrong?) In the meantime I have to convince my student-friends NOT to visit Old f***ing Trafford but to visit Anfield Road.

Many thanks
Last edited by VFL1900 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
VFL1900

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion