The official spain euro 2008 thread - Viva espana

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Sabre, post us up a translation of some of Reina's antics, mate.  Particularly for the song that Spanish-Liverpool posted up. :nod

Phoa. There are things tough to translate. But I'll try.

Background: There are two ways of partying in Spain. One is the usual you already know, discoteques, pubs, bars, and stuff. The other way is party at the streets, every city celebrates their parties and do the fiesta in the streets once a year.

Within those street fiestas, some songs become part of the public culture, it doesn't have to be a spanish song for that, "Gimme hope Joanna" for instance is one of those songs.

What Reina is doing is a funny game of words.

He says: Waiter!! (public goes queee what) Waiter!!! (whaat!)

and then he asks to the waiter: One of Pacharan (a drink), and then he starts one of those popular songs that sounds similar, like "Pasaran mas de mil años".

When he asks for Champiñones (mushrooms) he starts the Campeones song.

And when he asks for Quesos (Cheeses), he sings "Que sos den por culo" (go and get bummed).

So, basically Bad Bob, Reina showed to me that he knows perfectly well the traditional Spanish fiesta  :D THAT's typically Spanish, more than bullfighting even, as that kind of songs are popular from the south, to the basque country.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:52 pm

Sabre wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Sabre, post us up a translation of some of Reina's antics, mate.  Particularly for the song that Spanish-Liverpool posted up. :nod

Background: There are two ways of partying in Spain. One is the usual you already know, discoteques, pubs, bars, and stuff. The other way is party at the streets, every city celebrates their parties and do the fiesta in the streets once a year.

Within those street fiestas, some songs become part of the public culture, it doesn't have to be a spanish song for that, "Gimme hope Joanna" for instance is one of those songs.

and then he asks to the waiter: One of Pacharan (a drink), and then he starts one of those popular songs that sounds similar, like "Pasaran mas de mil años".

And when he asks for Quesos (Cheeses), he sings "Que sos den por culo" (go and get bummed).

So, basically Bad Bob, Reina showed to me that he knows perfectly well the traditional Spanish fiesta  :D THAT's typically Spanish, more than bullfighting even, as that kind of songs are popular from the south, to the basque country.

Cheers, Sabre!  Strangely, after watching it a few times we got the gist of it and sort of figured it was a game with a play on words.  Had to look up Camarero to know it meant waiter and then it started to make sense.  Amazed Reina could think of these things on the fly like that, or maybe these are well-used parts of the game?  I felt like part of the fun just watching, though! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:03 pm

:laugh: :laugh:
That one on the plane is brilliant!!
Reina! :bowdown
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:13 pm

Some of them are part of the game and well known, but some of them are Reina's invention :D

It's funny how the actual showman of CUATRO tv channel is looking Reina angry, because he's spoiling all his timing. I think at some point he asks Aragones to remove the micro from Reina  :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Is Manhattan the only one who thought it was sexy when those stewardesses were doing the Macarena?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Gawd I want what Reina's on - that is some party !

:D Ole !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Sabre wrote:

Seemed like some of the play on words were more easy to catch on than others depending on how long it took the crowd to join Reina in the song. I think one time they even started before Reina.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:22 pm

WHat kind of things was Reina saying in the intro of all the players by number?

Couldn't understand what he was saying but it looked like he was picking on Santi in both videos
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Nicked from RAWK

-With the number 1, the man without hand, who made possible our dream ...Iker Casillas

-With number 2, the longest sausagge in the world...Raul Albiol

-With number 3, the autentic an genuine Fernando Navarro

-With number 4, the kaiser of the area, the boss in the defense line, Marchena

-With number 5, Tarzan, the man who only eat pinneaple. Carles Puyol

-With number 6, the man who never see the ligth of sun. Andres iniesta

-With number 7,  The Spain's seven, the euro 2008 "pichichi" (top goal scorer), with more cojones (i dont have translation for that) that anybody... el "guaje"  villa (guaje is like the kid in austurias

-With number 8, the humfrey bogart of spanish football, Xavi Hernandez

-With number 9, the kid, oh my kid,...Fernando Torres

-With number 10, the guy most "empanado" (i  think is to be out of it) of the world, he doesn't know anything about things. ...Cesc fabregas.

-With number 11.  "Garrincha", Joan Capdevilla

-With number 12, the number of the supporters. He is small, very very small...Cazorla.

-With number 13, ay the 13, the person who stole me 500 euros in penalties bets.  Andres Palop

-With number 14, The cruyff's son....Xavi Alonso

-With number 15, Sergio Ramos who has this number in memoriam of Antonio Puerta who is in heaven.

-With number 16, Falete  Sergio garcia (falete is a very fat spanish singer)

-With number 17,  who hells is the number 17, oh yes,  the autentic "gitano"  (gispy i think)  ...Rodolfo Chikilicuatre Güiza

With number 18, the second guy most "empanado" of the world , he doesn't know anything about things too...Arbeloa

-With number 19, the team samba, the spanish samba...Marcos Senna.

-With number 20, the biggest...Juanito.

-With number 21, he is very very small, only 150 cm. Silva

-With number 22. Diego Armando Maradona , what a class, what a crack...de la red

-And with the number 23  Your humble servant, who has been your speaker for introduce this huge tem  Pepe.....Reina

....................................................................................

I love all our players but after watching the antics of Pepe hes now shot up to legand status in my eyes.

Apparently he is the most popular member of the Spanish Squad and he had them all laughing an joking like this right through the tournament he bonded the different factions of players. Top top class lad

How could any player from Spain not want to come an play for the same team as him. No wonder Torres is always round his house.

Cant wait for the season to start now i think the kops gonna have some fun with Pepe next season

CAMAREROS
:laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Who was your 2nd best team of the tournament?

For me it was the Netherlands. In a way they were more impressive than Spain. To beat Italy and France by 3 goals each was VERY impressive. Romania wasn't a bad team either and they beat them by 2 goals.

In the game they went out in, They lost in extra time to a Russian team that played out of their element a bit, as was shown in their semi final performance against Spain.

Although SPain certainly dominated Russia in the first group game the scoreline flattered them just a bit. They absouletly stole the result against Sweden and their last group game was a bit meaningless but good win. Anytime you win on penalties you are lucky, and in the russian game they certainly never looked like loosing but Russia wasn't the same side that beat the netherlands (although maybe that was because they were playing spain)

Great performance by SPain in the final but just one unlucky freak bounce of a head onto somebodys foot  or something and it would have gone to extra time and been right up in the air again.
JoeTerp

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Thats class that  :laugh:  Never realised our Pepe was such a mad showman.
Loved him last year for his wild celebrations when we scored in the champions league quarters and semis, he is an absolute legend.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:37 pm

It's hilarious how  the team were still in their kit on the plane :D and then on the stage .. Soooo glad espania won - belated congrats to all our spanish posters - Sabre especially - but anno spiritually we were all spanish supporters - good to feel like winners ay ! :)
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:45 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Is Manhattan the only one who thought it was sexy when those stewardesses were doing the Macarena?

Some of those stewardesses were honey's.

Rushie#9 wishes that he got fit Spanish stewardesses doing the Macarena when he flies.
Rushie#9 usually ends up with some old boilers doing the hokey-kokey.  :down:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm

-With number 10, the guy most "empanado" (i  think is to be out of it) of the world, he doesn't know anything about things. ...Cesc fabregas.

"Empanado" description, it's a word used a lot, not offensive, something you tell someone who is a friend usually.

It means those people who tend to buy any joke you tell them, as in you tell them you've been having a coffee with George Bush and he'll go "Really?". Also used for people who, like me, tend to forget umbrellas and things like that in public places. "Absentminded" could be the closest word I find in the dictionary, but surely you can tell me the word you use for that?
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:05 pm

Sabre wrote:

"Empanado" description, it's a word used a lot, not offensive, something you tell someone who is a friend usually.

It means those people who tend to buy any joke you tell them, as in you tell them you've been having a coffee with George Bush and he'll go "Really?". Also used for people who, like me, tend to forget umbrellas and things like that in public places. "Absentminded" could be the closest word I find in the dictionary, but surely you can tell me the word you use for that?

yeh - 'trigger' :D  based on a character in Only fools and horses  :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion