England v brazil - Wembley

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:36 am

England take on a great Brazil side in the first england game at the new wembley on friday. Brazil posses such great players like Ronaldinho,Lucio, Adriano and off course Ricardo Kaka. Where as england who are a great national side have been struggling of late.

David Beckham has been recalled to the squad for the 1sttime since our world cup exit last year. Beckham, who has been playing well recently set up both goals for Real Madrid at the weekend and was man of the match deserves his recall in my opinion as there is noone in the england squad that would be more useful on the right side of midfeild then him.

Englands last competitive game was against Andorra where england who wasnt great won 3-0. This was the first time since mclaren took over where Gerrard started in the centre of midfeild and Lampard wasnt in the team. Gerrard scored twice in the match and set up the 3rd making him the best player on the pitch by far according to the mdeia.

Owen has come back from a injursy which put him out of action for almost a year since he limped off against sweden in the world cup. Owen who looked sharp in the England B game should be partnered by Peter Crouch

With Hargraves picking up a knee injury Mclaren could start the same team who started and failed in germany last year. However Neville and Ashley Cole will also miss the game due to a injury

Robinson

Carragher
Terry
Ferdinand
Bridge

Beckham
Gerrard
Lampard
J.Cole

Owen
Crouch

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 29, 2007 9:57 am

Beckham will start
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Tue May 29, 2007 12:55 pm

I'm excited about going to the first England game at Wembley. Should be good. :buttrock
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 29, 2007 1:23 pm

I understand people being excited about the new wembley (allthough I like the idea of the england team travelling to the various parts of England).

I don't see the big deal about Beckhams return, he has been rubbish in every tournament his been in (sent off 98, can't remember him in 00, chickened out of tackle that led to brazil equliser in 02, missed how many penalties in 04, the whole team was rubbish in 06)

Ban internation frienlies, they are rubbish.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 29, 2007 1:48 pm

dward wrote:I'm excited about going to the first England game at Wembley. Should be good. :buttrock

Can't believe it, I may not be able to go.

I managed to get two tickets, one for my brother and I. But I was only going on the assumption that my unborn son would be born prior to the game. It seems the little git is being stubborn and my wife will have to be induced on friday, therefore no game for me!  :down:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Tue May 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Unlucky mate. But I'm sure your son will bring you more joy than the match. :;):
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tithead » Tue May 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Rio's injured, looks like Carragher will play, with Richards possibly at RB.

Hope Beckham starts, it will be certain that regardless of the score he will give 100% in the game.
tithead

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:24 pm

tithead wrote:Rio's injured, looks like Carragher will play, with Richards possibly at RB.

Hope Beckham starts, it will be certain that regardless of the score he will give 100% in the game.

Carragher will probably take Ferdinands place. No Richards in the squad mate which i think is a shame probably start phil neville at rb.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 29, 2007 11:05 pm

Brazil will beat England at the Concrete Bowl.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NansPanofScouse » Wed May 30, 2007 2:25 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Brazil will beat England at the Concrete Bowl.

There is no doubt about that

But at least it isnt easy competition, we always seem to go to tournaments after just beating Jamaca, then we have easy group stages, and then we are baffled by it when we get beat by semi decent teams ie: France, Portugal in 2004, then again Portugal in 2006.
NansPanofScouse

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:30 am

NansPanofScouse wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Brazil will beat England at the Concrete Bowl.

There is no doubt about that

But at least it isnt easy competition, we always seem to go to tournaments after just beating Jamaca, then we have easy group stages, and then we are baffled by it when we get beat by semi decent teams ie: France, Portugal in 2004, then again Portugal in 2006.

The portgugal game in euros 2004 and world cup 2006 both went down to penalties so if your tring to say that england cant beat a tough opposition thats not true. England also led france 1-0 in the euros but what pretty :censored: in the last 10 minutes or so where we though we had the game won.

I can see us turning Brazil over on friday. 2-1

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:50 pm

Big Niall wrote:I understand people being excited about the new wembley (allthough I like the idea of the england team travelling to the various parts of England).

I don't see the big deal about Beckhams return, he has been rubbish in every tournament his been in (sent off 98, can't remember him in 00, chickened out of tackle that led to brazil equliser in 02, missed how many penalties in 04, the whole team was rubbish in 06)

Ban internation frienlies, they are rubbish.

we need wembley, we are the country of football, wembley is the stadium of football.

anyone whos seen any spanish league this year will see how good beckham is playing

i dont even watch friendlies, no point, meaningless drivel...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:38 pm

TBH I couldn't really give a flying feck about the game!
LFC2007

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:44 am

Friendlies are BS

Not sure how wembley is the home of football considering it wasn't build until the 1920s, was football homeless before then? (even though Olympics had precurser to world cup by that stage?)

If I was English, I'd prefer the idea of England travelling to the various hotbeds of football around the country. How many of the people at wembley for England games from now on  will be southerners? a lot more than northerners I'd say.

Wembley looks like a great stadium but the stuff the BBC go on about like everyone all over the world dreams of playing at wembley is bo11ox. Do you think kids in Rio de Janeiro or Buenes aires dream of it?

Stadium does look great though, glad they kept the steps, I hate the plastic things on the pitch when receiving medals.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:46 am

I wouldn't get too excited about Beckhams return. Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Cole is a poor midfield(see every game they've ever played together for details)

Glad Owen is back.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion