Postby laza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:07 pm

Kudos to Ronaldo  1-0

I certainly thought he was looking a shadow himself

Glad to see him bounce back from so much flak
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:14 pm

almost 2-0 there, ghana not giving brazil a game so far like expected, easy for brazil
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby laza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:17 pm

Yeah Ghana defence seems to be in state of confusion

The pass across rather then dive would have made it 2-0
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:26 pm

Well somebody looks like they have woken up a Ghana
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Sounds like Brazils 2nd goal was off side , enough to get them thru though. It does sound like they are playing poo.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Once again the BIG team gets the benefit of doubt . 2nd goal offside but hey it's Brasil so give them the decision.
Earlier ,Ronaldhino boots a Ghanain squarely on the shin ,commentatators say what the officials are obviously thinking "Well Ronaldhino always has his eye on the ball , that wasn't intentional" ! Bollox ! if he hadn't been wearing a Brasil shirt it would have been an instant yellow .

Sick and tired of big teams and "star" names getting preferential treatment. :angry:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Adriano's goal definitely offside.

Score line is completely unreflective of the game, Ghana have been the better side overall.

The only problem with African sides is they lack the defensive organisation and overall discipline that the top European sides do. Ivory Coast and Ghana have played as good attacking football as anyone in the tournament thus far, nut defensive frailties and ill-discipline let them down.

I suppose this is why so many African sides hire European coaches to try and solve these problems, but perhaps there is something in many African layers mentalities? I’m not trying to generalise, but it seems the likes of Ivory Coast and Ghana are great going forward, but are always likely to concede 2 or 3 goals, and when you come up against the likes of Italy who are so solid defensively then you run into trouble, even if you are the better side for large periods of the game.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:02 pm

I don't think the refs intentionally favour the big teams woof, but it seems that when there is a decison which is 50-50, the decision always goes in the so-called big team's favour.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shawky_Gerrard » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm

referee killed GHANA today
i love all this teams
Ahly -Egypt Real Madrid -Spain ACMilan-Italy Liverpool - Engeland
all this Players
Abou Treka - Egypt Figo - Portugal  Zidan - France Sheva - Ukrain Gerrard & Owen - Engeland
http://www.7wy.com/uploads/5840d9e266.gif
Shawky_Gerrard

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:59 pm

The ref was fine, one of the better referee performances of the tournament. He didn't gove out too many yellow cards, and the big decisons he got right - Adriano yellow for diving and red card for Ghanain player were both correct decisions IMO, although if he'd given a penalty for the Adriano dive it wouldn't have been the worst penalty decisons in the world.

The linesman on the other hand? I won't criticise though as its' the refereeing team which we had for the smei-fian lagainst Chelsea at Anfield.

The refereeing at the World Cup has been poor, but I thought Lubos Michel was very good today.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:01 pm

I hope thats the Brazil that turns up against us in the semi-final... they were there for the taking but Ghana lacked the killer touch and Brazil were also a bit lucky.

What is it with the commentators.. oooh lovely touch, oooh what magic... oooh only Brazil could do that... ooh kiss my f.ucking big fat hairy a.rse
PhiLFC

Postby Shawky_Gerrard » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:07 pm

liensman today
referee against Ivory coast in Holland match
referee against tunisia in Ukrain match
referee against Togo in Swis match
heheheheeheheheh
FAIR PLAY FIFA
i love all this teams
Ahly -Egypt Real Madrid -Spain ACMilan-Italy Liverpool - Engeland
all this Players
Abou Treka - Egypt Figo - Portugal  Zidan - France Sheva - Ukrain Gerrard & Owen - Engeland
http://www.7wy.com/uploads/5840d9e266.gif
Shawky_Gerrard

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:49 pm

LFC #1 wrote:I don't think the refs intentionally favour the big teams woof, but it seems that when there is a decison which is 50-50, the decision always goes in the so-called big team's favour.

I guess thats whats pis'sing me off . It seems that all the 50/50s go to the "big" team . Just one example (in a string throughout this world cup) ,todays game , a Brasilian and a Ghanain challenge for a 50/50 ball both have got a foot up at waist height ,the Ghanain players foot is maybe an inch higher than the Brasilian ,Ref blows whistle , free kick to Brasil ! WTF ! are Ghana supposed to sit back and just admire the Brasilian players ?

Sorry lads ,nobody will convince me that the big teams and so called star players are not receiving "the benefit of doubious decisions" in all situations .

:veryangry

Well done Ghana , if you had one or two strikers with more composure you'd be in the quarter finals . You reminded everybody that as good as they are Brasil are only human.Approach them with no fear ,show them f'uck all respect .For too long Brasil have gotten by on teams standing in awe of them . Have a go and they are are far from unbeatable.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:08 pm

Ghana were unlucky today, they played some excellent stuff in midfield.  Seems to be a trend with all the African teams at this world cup - good approach play, nice to watch and good at retaining possession, but dodgy at the back and lacking a cutting edge up front.  Ghana and Ivory Coast especially, the other teams  (Angola, Togo and Tunisia) were a cut below these 2 in terms of quality.

What Ghana did at the back today (in holding a high line) was NOT as Jim Beglin described as suicide.  I think it's the best way to defend against Brazil - squeeze the space between midfield and attack so Kaka and Ronaldinho can't hurt you.  Also there's not outstanding pace in the Brazil side this year, especially up front, so if you play the offside trap well you should be fine.  The trouble is that Ghana didn't have the quality or the organisation at the back to do this well.  But the better sides do and this is the way they should play Brazil imo.

As for referees leaning towards the favoured teams, it's not new is it?  Lets be honest it happens in the premiership too.  I'm not saying it's acceptable, but I don't see why people are only pointing it out now.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:23 pm

Ghana were brilliant, you have to admire the way they took the game to the brazilians which IMO is the best thing to do. However, the counter-attacks are the danger. Ghana definately bossed the game but were undone by defensive flaws with the high line. I think if the Ghana players were more clinical brazil would have egg on their face. Ghana played some really nice stuff today and i thought for a moment that brazil were playing in white :p they deserved alot more than they got. I felt if they had played slightly deeper and not held such a high line, brazilwould have struggled. The high line of the ghana defence made it easy for brazil to get through; if they'd played deeper brazil would have fopund it alot tougher to score because:
A.) they couldn't get the ball off ghana for long periods
B.) they would have had to play through acompact team rather than going over the top which made it easy for them.

Very unlucky Ghana but they should be proud of themselves because the made brazil look at very average for 80 odd minutes.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion