England v brazil - Wembley

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby destro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:59 pm

I wouldnt normally take any interest but ive got a fiver on Terry 1st,2nd or 3rd goalscorer  28/1  :)
destro

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:02 pm

well....owen looks fit and beckham is proving all the critics wrong yet again...
lampard isnt having the greatest of games and neither is carragher... id take lampard off and put carrick or w.brown in... play king or carrick with gerrard in the middle....lampard isnt doing much defensively and if all stays the same in the 2nd half...brazil are bound to score !

england could and should play better footbaall... unacceptable what they have shown so far if you ask me ! pinned back and having to make dangerous tackles in dangerous positions ! Lampard-Gerrard isnt working !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:16 pm

I just don't see the point of bringing beckham back other than McLaren trying to save his own skin. Beckhams at the end of his career pretty much and although he's having a bit of a renaissance in La Liga these past couple of months he's off to the US soon and to a league that is probably way below the standards of football that most would say is required of international footy.

On a different subject this Club Wembley thing is a right farce. I'm watching the match as I type this nearly 5mins into the 2nd half thousands of seats are still empty cos the corporate tools are all too busy hob-nobbin' in the hospitality suites.  :no
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:27 pm

destro wrote:I wouldnt normally take any interest but ive got a fiver on Terry 1st,2nd or 3rd goalscorer  28/1  :)

Congratz  :laugh:
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:30 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I just don't see the point of bringing beckham back other than McLaren trying to save his own skin. Beckhams at the end of his career pretty much and although he's having a bit of a renaissance in La Liga these past couple of months he's off to the US soon and to a league that is probably way below the standards of football that most would say is required of international footy.

On a different subject this Club Wembley thing is a right farce. I'm watching the match as I type this nearly 5mins into the 2nd half thousands of seats are still empty cos the corporate tools are all too busy hob-nobbin' in the hospitality suites.  :no

beckham is by far the best player in a white jersey tonight... how u can still say him getting a callup is not justified is beyond me ! he is and wll for some time still be the best option in the right flank for england...

1 assist...and tht was aftr i wrote all this sht....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:39 pm

:D :D :D :D :D
destro

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:47 pm

put carrick on and take out lampard for crying out loud !

no options for the defenders and midfielders thus all the missed passes and long balls
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:57 pm

1 fuking 1 another results slipped through our fingers. Atleast Gerrard was man of the match

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:00 pm

Some of Gerrards tackles tonight were awesome, especially in the first half.
account deleted by request

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:15 pm

Enjoy the cash destro. :laugh:

Once again, a good result spoilt by a ridiculous flurry of substitutions. I don't see what benefit a player or team gets from a 5 minute rest or run out. Completely boll*ckses up the shape and rhythm of the team, and as soon as Brown came on, we were all over the place at the back. Fair result though, I thought.

I absolutely do not understand why Lampard is nailed on to England's first 11 though. He did absolutely nothing tonight, and Gerrard got him out of jail several times with interceptions after Frank had sh*t out of challenges further up the field. I genuinely don't know how much longer he can live on a few goals scored 2 seasons ago. It'd be like LFC still playing Cheyrou after a purple 2 match spell half a lifetime ago. Absolutely maddening.

McLaren should've drop him like a f*cking stone from the start of his reign, not Beckham. He's an empty shirt. Never an international player in a million years.
ivor_the_injun

Postby The Grudge » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:31 pm

England done OK tonight..it was really just training game with an edge tbh.If anyone thinks that was full calbre Brazil they need locking up.

The thing i cannot understand is the way the English players were sooo up for it tonight when given that their last few games actually meant something,they failed to perform!

Its strange to me but maybe they understand what they are doing...i just dont!

In fairness England did desereve a win but lost it at the end through silly defending and incompetence bred by waiting on the whistle?Why?It was Brazil ffs!!

I predict a stale and waterly effort on Wednesday night against a side with no fear and not a thing to loose.

England have a superiority complex to teams that on paper they are better than,that is their mistake,they feel they can 'do what we do in training lads' and we will win against so called lesser teams......THEY CANT!
The Grudge

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:45 pm

Decent match. England played at too slow a pace and they were constantly playing the ball into the left hand corner of the pitch which never worked. Beckham was good in his first match back. Great free kick to set up Terry. McClaren botched it by disrupting the team with way too many subs, and I'm not sure why Jenas and Dyer are still playing for England. Fat Frank was :censored:.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:00 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I'm not sure why Jenas and Dyer are still playing for England.

To be honest Dyer played well when he came on looked very sharp

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Elchris » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 pm

i think we need to do a cheeky bid for diego... got eyes for goal , great at giving thru balls really creative ...!!

German league player of d year..!! German league is one of the toughest league in the world so would not be a problem physicaly to play here.Real quality
Elchris

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Elchris wrote:i think we need to do a cheeky bid for diego... got eyes for goal , great at giving thru balls really creative ...!!

German league player of d year..!! German league is one of the toughest league in the world so would not be a problem physicaly to play here.Real quality

Was a great player when he played with Robinho at Santos, did nothing in Portugal, but seems to have rediscovered his form in Germany. I think Liverpool were interested in him when he was at Santos (Spurs were after him as well). Was originally rated higher than Kaka I think to be a success.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion