England v brazil - Wembley

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:43 pm

He is in the Deco mould of player, he has lots of quality, I think he could be successful in the EPL.
LFC2007

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 pm

I like diego. Seen him at Bremen and his a class act.

Am I missing something or did England not play that well. I have read some opinions on the net and people are talking as if England have turned the corner.  Its so funny to see Beckham get s much praise when only a few months ago these same fans wanted him out.  Beckham plays and once again England score from a set piece.  I swear thats only how they score.

I think Beckham should never of been dropped from the squad and on form should be in the side.  However u can not play him wide right.  He drifts in too often and goes looking for the ball.  He has to go inside.  Joe Cole is the only player I have ever seen who does step overs even though an opposing player isnt near him.  With Becks and cole on the flanks there is no real width at all.

Last night was a poor game and brazil treat them truly as friendlies.  However the small bits of class were only coming from one side.  England technically are not good enough to play a slick 1 to 2 touch passing game.  The movement isnt there and as usual retaining the ball becomes a problem.
puroresu

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:18 pm

puroresu wrote:I like diego. Seen him at Bremen and his a class act.

Am I missing something or did England not play that well. I have read some opinions on the net and people are talking as if England have turned the corner.  Its so funny to see Beckham get s much praise when only a few months ago these same fans wanted him out.  Beckham plays and once again England score from a set piece.  I swear thats only how they score.

I think Beckham should never of been dropped from the squad and on form should be in the side.  However u can not play him wide right.  He drifts in too often and goes looking for the ball.  He has to go inside.  Joe Cole is the only player I have ever seen who does step overs even though an opposing player isnt near him.  With Becks and cole on the flanks there is no real width at all.

Last night was a poor game and brazil treat them truly as friendlies.  However the small bits of class were only coming from one side.  England technically are not good enough to play a slick 1 to 2 touch passing game.  The movement isnt there and as usual retaining the ball becomes a problem.

Agree completly, England again showed how completly average they are. How often do England score from open play? there is no creativity, and the midfield has to be the most static in world football. Beckham is an imobile object who plays football standing still, Lampard is just awful, and Cole is never a left winger in a 4-4-2. Gerrard was great but is wasted playing as a holding midfield player, he needs to get forward creating as well as tackling and breaking up play. I mean why are England not using one of there best players to his full potential to accomodate Frank Lampard, its beggars belief.

Lets not kid ourselves England got a result because they put plenty of effort and hardwork into the game, and played like it was a competetive match, Brazil didnt and played it like a freindly that was the diffrence.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:50 am

Gerrard is such a waste when his best work is defensive.  He should be the driving force in the England side but his so restricted its unreal.

A nice realistic post on England I saw on the net:

"It is illiterate comments like these from insecure and defensive fans that exemplify the deep rooted problems of English football. England have NOT had comparable results to the other great footballing sides in the world.

Brazil have been in three of the last four world cup finals, winning two of them, during the same period they've won three Copa Americas, Argentina have also won the Copa and the Olympiques, France have played n 2 of the last three world cup finals, winning the world cup and the euros, Over the last 12 years Italy have been in 3 major finals, two world cups 94 and 06 and the euros in 2000, over the same period the Germans have won the Euros in 96, reached the world cup final in 02 and the world cup semi's in 06. Further down the scale the Dutch have been in at least 3 semis over the last 10 years, Euro 2000, euro 2004 and the world cup 98, as with Portugal Euros 2004 final, euros 2000 semis, , WC semis 06. Over the same period England have only one solitary semi final appearance when they hosted the euros in 96.

C'mon guys face the facts and stop hiding behind this childish slur of people being anti English. England's international record is dire, their style of football over the last couple of years so prosaic and poor that blaming the coach or talking of bad luck for the poverty of its play are beginning to look pretty threadbare excuses. The national team rarely creates any chances against decent sides from open play ; take away a set piece, its almost impossible imagining where an England goal will come from. The excitement of the fans whenever England are awarded a set piece near the opposing goal betrays the general acceptance that the team lacks the nous, skill or technique to open up half decent teams when the ball is not in a dead position. The Spanish, the Dutch, the Portuguese i.e (the second not first tier of international football don't play that way)

Most people see the truth but don't want to face it, which is sad. It can't go on forever, this myth can't be sustained. I predict another Hungary momment will bring about a much needed revolution in English football. A crushing defeat at the hands of an unheralded nation, most probably an African one will be the catalyst for this upheaval, the same way the destruction of English pretensions in the 50's by Puskas and the Hungarians dragged English football kicking and screaming into the modern age and ultimate world cup glory a few years later."
puroresu

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:36 pm

I didn't see the match but saw the goal on news. Noticed that Beckham posed for adulation after his cross as if he had scored. What an attention seeking a$$hole.

England won't win anything with a slow winger who can't score from play. Its not rugby, being good as set pieces isn't enough.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tithead » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Big Niall wrote:I didn't see the match but saw the goal on news. Noticed that Beckham posed for adulation after his cross as if he had scored. What an attention seeking a$$hole.

England won't win anything with a slow winger who can't score from play. Its not rugby, being good as set pieces isn't enough.

And they won't with a clueless manager or an incompetent midfield either. It's not Beckham's fault, at least you can see his ambition and drive.
tithead

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:00 pm

I'm not saying that he is the worst player you have but definately the most over rated, the term "world class" should never be applied to a slow winger who can't beat a man and doesn't score from play.

Good crosser but what else? (the odd free?)

I don't think Ferguson regrets getting rid of him and buying a winger who can beat a man, score from play, has speed etc.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:22 am

On a positive note, England's under 21 team mullered Slovakia 5-0.

Then won the practice penalty shoot out 4-3, which BTW I thought was a great idea.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:14 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:On a positive note, England's under 21 team mullered Slovakia 5-0.

Then won the practice penalty shoot out 4-3, which BTW I thought was a great idea.

Maybe England should go to penalties in all drawn friendlies. Not as much pressure as a tournament but nobody wants to miss in front of 80000 of their fans.

It might help them get used to the process.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 pm

maybe we should just play some decent footy tho and win it in 90 minutes

how the f.ck has mclaren figured out ledley should play cd ahead of jc...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Ive got Gerrard 11/2 first scorer against Estonia, not been watching it does anyone know if ive got a chance of winning some more money, hows he been playing ?  :D :D
destro

Postby destro » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:07 pm

:angry: Cole you little faggot :(
destro

Postby destro » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Oh well at least my accumulator is doing ok

Romania  2-0
Sweden   5-0
England   3-0
Germany  2-1
Greece     2-1 
Denmark  2-0