Champions league - Thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby mart » Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Hope bayern wins this.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Hate to say it but this game is set up for Torres in extra time, like in the World Cup for Spain.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm

MULLER !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Chelsea fans calling Ribery a cheat .... there's irony in that  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Torn over who I want to win.

Bayern win and Chelsea potentially start a downward trend with no CL for next season.

Chelsea win and it halts Spurs progression into the top 4 and almost certainly they lose the likes of Bale, Modric, efc to other CL sides.

It's a question of who I see more as a threat to Liverpool, Chelsea or Tottenham. Can't decide.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 10:21 pm

We have penalties ...its a win win thing, somewhere  in London tonight there will be cockneys crying.  :buttrock
Spurs fans or Chelsea fans ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat May 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Is that right, Spurs miss out on CL footie, don't 5 teams go in it now?

Bayern bottled it.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm going to bed
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 pm

yeah. spurs now in europa league - only 4 teams in CL.

James McKenna‏@JayMcKenna87  (from The Anfield Wrap)

How our fans laughed and mocked Torres for leaving us! I am made up for him! Not bothered about the reaction, so don't bother tweeting me.

Hate torres with a passion, but jay is right  - he didnt do much - but still gets to lift the trophy and gets a winners medal - i mean that i'm not made up for him, but that his decision is sort of vindicated
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Disappointed at Bayern, typical Bayern - Chelsea the most underdeserved Champions League winners in the history of the competition.

Hopefully Germany will smash England to pieces in Euro 2012 and go on to the lift the cup. Let Chelsea have their moment £1BN spent to win a competition we've won 5x.
Boxscarf

Postby tubby » Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm

I miss the chpamions league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Any idiot Liverpool supporter who calls Benitez defensive needs to watch this final, because that was defensive, what an absolute disgrace Chelsea are. They got lucky! Defend, defend, defend! I cannot wait to see all these disgusting Chelsea fans crying their eyes out when England crash out of Euro 2012.

Absolute scumbags are Chelsea supporters.
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Sat May 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Chelsea lucked out so much this cl.  Barca and Bayern both forgot how to shoot the ball when they each played... over 40 shots for Bayern and they only scored 1.  As soon as Robben stepped up I knew he'd miss.  Absolute disgrace that this shitty chelsea team wins the cl.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Dalglish » Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Redman in wales » Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 pm wrote:yeah. spurs now in europa league - only 4 teams in CL.

James McKenna‏@JayMcKenna87  (from The Anfield Wrap)

How our fans laughed and mocked Torres for leaving us! I am made up for him! Not bothered about the reaction, so don't bother tweeting me.

Hate torres with a passion, but jay is right  - he didnt do much - but still gets to lift the trophy and gets a winners medal - i mean that i'm not made up for him, but that his decision is sort of vindicated

Im not so sure he has been vindicated to be honest. His life at Chelsea has been miserable as sin for the large part and it's obvious from his body language and demenaour that he is a profiferal member of the team

Im not sure if winning a FA cup medal as an unused substitute and a CL winners medal as a Sub feels quite as much an achievement when your contribution has been minimal.

I don't see Torres at Chelsea for many seasons to come but fair play to him. He has stuck at it but i don't see a player anywhere near his best and as a player won't be truly happy until his personal contribution and form return. I don't see that happening at Chelsea

And for the record I didn't "laugh or mock" Torres, I was simply disappointed that he didn't give Kenny a chance but with recent events neither did Fenway IMO  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 19, 2012 11:31 pm

It's taken them £1BN of stole Russian money to win a competition we won with Djimi Traore playing as our left back. Priceless.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion