CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL THREAD - barcelona vs arsenal

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 17, 2006 11:29 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:The thing that f.ucks me off TBH, has nothing really to do with the game itself. Maybe some of the Aussie's on here could help me out if they watched the final on SBS.

That nobody no nothing of a 'soccer' pundit was whinging about the British commentators being biased.
grey Craig F said, " I wouldnt like to be a Barca fan in London and hearing those comments" talking about Andy Gray and something he said.
Hey kno.b head who do you think the commentators in Spain would be biased towrards.

The same is also said when Australia played Uruguay, the Australia pundits didnt say anything positive about Uruguay, and neither did that to$$er Foster.

W@NKER !

Sorry about the rant but these pundits really get me, especially when they know feck all about soccer  :angry:

:O Soccer  :O

Ciggy that's sarcasm, I've never heard the word soccer used so much until I came over here.

As they say, when in Rome do as th Romans do.   :D
66-1112520797

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 17, 2006 11:39 pm

shudda put it in iverted commas, then I would've seen  what you were getting at. I have many arguments with people in this country who seem to think that Rugby League is Football, even when they use their hands the whole fukn time! It's a joke.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 17, 2006 11:46 pm

LFC #1 wrote:shudda put it in iverted commas, then I would've seen  what you were getting at. I have many arguments with people in this country who seem to think that Rugby League is Football, even when they use their hands the whole fukn time! It's a joke.

Yeah I know, its like bashing your head against a brick wall.

:angry:   :angry:   :D
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 17, 2006 11:59 pm

I was very disapointed with Ronaldinho tonight, he had a cr*p game. Like I said before the game Arsenal havent got the bottle. Their heads just went down after the equaliser. I know they were tired but they should have shown a bit of fkn heart. Only one who still looked up for it was Ljungberg. Wouldnt mind Guily coming to us... on his first half performance he looked class. Second half disappeared a bit.
I fkn HATE David Pleat the whining kerb crawler hes the worst commentator on the box.
I wouldnt mind that Puyol coming to Liverpool he looks good (maybe a bit small?)
account deleted by request

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:06 am

Henry definately out did Ronaldhino tonight.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:08 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I have to say, I'm glad Arsenal never won.  I didn't want last year to be forgotten, and now it wont.

Too bloody right John imagine them singin we are the champions, champions of europe at anfield  :glare:
Now they cant HA  :laugh:

We can chant "You aren't the champions, champions of europe!!'
when we go to highbury  :D  :D

You can go to Highbury if you like - but you might find it a tad lonely, as everyone else will be at the Emirates Stadium!!!  :D

Ya got me there!!!!  :lookaround

Ya smartarsed Bastar:laugh:  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:16 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Henry definately out did Ronaldhino tonight.

Did he really though??
Yes Ronaldinho didn't really put his mark on the game or have any involvement in either of the Barca goals but Henry was very poor as well tonight. Ok he was in a very difficult situation being up front alone but he did miss two very good chances to put the game nearly out of BArca's reach. Apart from this he too was very in-effective and his comments at the end were way over the line. I've heard plenty of talk about Ronaldinho in the build up to the game but the only other player that has been hyped has been Henry. So what the hell was he going on about eto'o for??

Nearly as bitter as Maureenho!!!  :no
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_ The _Prowler » Thu May 18, 2006 12:36 am

Henry was equally as :censored: as Ronaldinho today
Fowler_ The _Prowler

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:36 am

I just thought Henry looked more of a great player. Ronaldhino's reputation (rightly or wrongly) is based on his tricks and flair and in the whole game we saw about one example of this. I know that there's more too his game than this, but it didn't come through at all tonight. At times he even looked a little lost and he scuffed some chances too.

Henry was always going tobe fighting an uphil battle, but he didn't give up for 75 minutes (when he was shattered by the goals) and it's nearly impossible to deal with Marquez and Puyol whoever you are when you have no support. He made runs, found space and battled hard. He wore himself out and in the circumstances you have to give him respect. For me, he looked more like a world player of the year than Ronaldhino, even though it was not a match of astounding personal performances.

My man of the match choice would probably go to either Valdes or Toure. Valdes made some stunning saves considering he's never really impressed me before, and Toure fought to the death and dealt with problems quickly and with good composure. But there was no real star for me.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 18, 2006 1:02 am

Henry looked like he could change/win the game whereas Ronaldinho(who I think is a great player) looked completely off form. His flicks and tricks didn't come off and then later even the basics seemed to desert him.

I thought Ljungburg was M.O.Match he never stopped trying and made the most of few opportunities he had to run at Barca.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:20 am

TBH Ronaldinho did play the pass for Eto'o which got Lehmann sent off. That was about all he did, but it was a top bit of play and although he did nothing else of mention, he did have a major influence for that reason.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 18, 2006 2:25 am

Is Sol going to feel sad again?

:down:

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 18, 2006 5:05 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Is Sol going to feel sad again?

:down:

:laugh:

I hope so!!!!!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 18, 2006 8:30 am

Poor old gooners must be feeling pretty sh.itty today.
That game wasnt a patch on our final infact that will never happen again.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:58 am

Arsenal in my eyes were the better team throughout the match but decided to sit back and if you give Barcelona room to attack and allow them to keep possession like that, then you will get punished for it and that's what happened to Arsenal, they allowed Barcelona breathing space and paid for it.

The sending off of Jens changed the game. If he given Jens a yellow and let the goal stand we might of had a very good final but it weren't to be.

I can understand Henry's frustrations tho, I mean he was 14 minutes away from lifting the Champions League trophy in his motherland, so I will ignore his comments and put them down as being upset and hard done by, because most of the time he seems like a nice chap.

But Henry hardly ever misses chances in games and the one time he does it's in one of the most important cup games of his career and it cost Arsenal dear.

Still there's always next season for Arsenal. But it was a disappointing final, Ronaldinho & Henry weren't at their best and this game had the potential to be a great cup final but for the neutral support it was shockingly poor.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion