Champions league - Thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:17 am

LFC2007 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm wrote:
RUSHIE#9 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm wrote:Sly Sports calling it the greatest performance ever!!  ???  ???

Ahem, Istanbul 25/05/05

Coming from three goals down in the biggest cup final in club football within 45 mins kinda trumps getting a draw with 10 men behind the ball for the best part of 90 mins in my book.

I think it was Redknapp who came out with that corker the daft tw@t. We beat Barca on their own patch, Inter went there and pulled off a similar feat to what Chelsea did tonight yet none of these come close to Istanbul.

In fairness though, it was one hell of a performance. The first half against Milan we were awful. Chelsea were consistent through both legs. Boring defending play yes, but, against the so called best team in the world, with a temp manager, what would you expect?

Chelsea stifled Barcelona totally, and Barcelona, although they had more than enough chances to win the bloody games, had no plan B. Chelsea tonight had to defend like crazy, especially when they were down to 10 men. And they did just that and more, they scored on the counter to rub salt in the wound.

Credit Chelsea, its a job well done. But do we hope they win it? Do we f*ck !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:38 am

metalhead » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm wrote:sorry but well done Chelsea, I am happy they are in the final and i would like to see them win it now.

wtf

Have you not frgot that if they win it then there is no 4TH place CL spot lol
all this rush to get 4th spot all year and there might not even be a CL place for it.

oh well its just me that sees the funny side then.
:blush:
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 am

Dalglish » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:sorry but well done Chelsea, I am happy they are in the final and i would like to see them win it now.

:glare: Feck me Lakes, your going soft in your old age !   :D

Don't kid yourself that it's good for English football. If they ever manage to win the fecker the London Press will have a field day and SKY will probably self implode gushing over a team owned by the Russian Crook who stole his country's oil and captained by an odious man who is morally bankrupt  !

Have you heard Nevilles reaction to Torres goal .................Hilarious http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/86383120/file.html

They are calling it the Nevillegasm !  :ghostface:

lol dont get me wrong tonight i wished to have seen them get done over by 10-0 and it looked on for that at 2-0 down. so fair play to them for that.

no, i think i am just bitter that we are not in the race for 4th spot and if they win the CL there will be no CL place for the 4th place team in the prem and them being in the final i think will help us come the FA cup final.
just a shame they did not get a few broken legs tonight lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 am

What does it matter if Meireles is missing the final. He apparently wasn't good enough for us :)

This again only reinforces three things for me

1. I still would have preferred Spurs in FA final

2. Sports pundits have shorter memories then a elderly goldfish with dementia

3. Lakes will say anything to get a bit of attention on a Internet forum :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:06 am

LFC2007 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm wrote:
RUSHIE#9 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm wrote:Sly Sports calling it the greatest performance ever!!  ???  ???

Ahem, Istanbul 25/05/05

Coming from three goals down in the biggest cup final in club football within 45 mins kinda trumps getting a draw with 10 men behind the ball for the best part of 90 mins in my book.

I think it was Redknapp who came out with that corker the daft tw@t. We beat Barca on their own patch, Inter went there and pulled off a similar feat to what Chelsea did tonight yet none of these come close to Istanbul.

Twas', what the f*ck is he on about. Great match though, and superb performance by Chelseas 10 men. Barca looked mentally and physically tired, Messi's off form, but to win the last 60 odd minutes 2-0 with 10 men at the Nou Camp is unbelievable. Ivanovic or Cech were my man of the match. Disgusting from the Sky reporter at the end telling Ivanovic with glee that he was out of the final, just to try and get a reaction on TV. Lampard probably should have walked for the challenge on Fabregas. Terry confirmed as one of the lowest scumbags in the game, an absolute c*nt. I'll be cheering Bayern or Real in the final.

Finally, Mascherano, Alonso, Arbeloa, Torres, Meireles - all in action, theres a few of them would enhance our current team.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 am

metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 am wrote:
lakes10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm wrote:sorry but well done Chelsea, I am happy they are in the final and i would like to see them win it now.

wtf

Lakes you are one confused lad.  :down:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 am

Hopefully Bayern Munich will win the Champions League.

They play fantastic football without trying to decieve the referee and other match officials unlike Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
Boxscarf

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

Dalglish » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 pm wrote:
Have you heard Nevilles reaction to Torres goal .................Hilarious http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/86383120/file.html

They are calling it the Nevillegasm !  :ghostface:

:laugh:  brilliant!

it was an astonishing game though. people saying it was a better performance than ours in istanbul are completely wrong, but i'm sure the chelsea fans feel the same as we did. they were dead and buried at 2-0 down and with 10 men, but some how they pulled it off.

proof again just what an odious twát john terry is. i've been reading his and some chelsea fans' defence of his actions - sanchez was backing in and it was self defence being a choice example, also that it was a yellow at best.  :laugh:  what the feck goes on in the heads of these people.

got to respect terry to a degree though. he's probably the only player out there that in the public eye can make suarez seem more lovable.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 am

JT the "brave lion" :laugh: maybe a brave idiot

He told the media he didn't deliberately knee kicked the f*ck out of Sanchez and some in the media seem to sympathize with him :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 am

Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:36 am wrote:
metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 am wrote:

wtf

Lakes you are one confused lad.  :down:

Then i take it you did not read any of my posts after that one then lol

if they win there is no 4th place CL spot for the prem.
as i said it seems i am the only one that can see the funny side to this.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:02 am

Kharhaz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm wrote:The Nevillegasm !  :laugh:  :laugh:

He always was a jizz stain
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 am

if it's a chelsea-real final i hope a bomb drops on the pitch during the game. that would nearly be as odious as the chelsea-manc final a few years back.

typically everyone is going over the top today with regards to barca's "demise" despite the fact that they had the chances over two legs to win comfortably. hit the woodwork four times and missed several other good openings. chelsea had three shots on target over two games and scored three goals, all on the breakaway in the last minute of halfs.

i take solace in terry missing the final. absolute vile odious human being. his "defence" of his actions was nothing short of pathetic.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 am

@RorySmithTimes: John Terry needs to sack whoever writes his excuses, by the way. "My weight went on my back foot, so my knee came up."

:laugh: :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am

metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 am wrote:@RorySmithTimes: John Terry needs to sack whoever writes his excuses, by the way. "My weight went on my back foot, so my knee came up."

:laugh: :laugh:

in fairness to terry, he's not used to taking players from behind. usually it's their wives :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am

I think its very funny listening to some of the media talking about Barca's "Demise".  Surely this could be added to the Sky/Internet fans generation thread...  :D 

That Barca team since 2006 - present have won numerous league's, Spanish Cups and 3 CL's.  Half their players have also won the Euro's and the World Cup with Spain.

They've come up a little bit short this season and all of a sudden people are asking is the end for them.  What over reaction!
Villa will be back next season and I expect them to sign another quality striker.

Switching off at vital times cost them the CL this season.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion