CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL THREAD - barcelona vs arsenal

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Henry's a great bloke though.

Yep seems a good personality and a nice person. See him with giuly's kid then. He is a typical nice guy.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 17, 2006 9:53 pm

interesting comment from Henry

"i'm going to go home and think aboutmy future now"

i think that means he's off in the summer!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed May 17, 2006 9:53 pm

No Dennis Bergkamp though. Shame we didn't see him one last time.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:01 pm

hmm, the whole game has left a bad taste for me. it was a bad Ref and i think we could all see that.
I can not stand diving and there was a bit of that going on tonight.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:02 pm

7_Kewell wrote:interesting comment from Henry

"i'm going to go home and think aboutmy future now"

i think that means he's off in the summer!

i think he was saying " i am off to pack my bag and say goodbye to london"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 17, 2006 10:03 pm

I can't believe that Henry actually believe that Barca were favoured by the ref!!!

FFS - they were being pulled up every 5 seconds!

I know he's Stevie G's mate, but he's a right bitter c*nt at times.

He even brought Moris into it, the stupid a*s-wipe.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:04 pm

??? Doubt Henry will be off to Barca now after them comments about Eto and Ronaldino sounded very very bitter to me.
Maybe he will seek pastures new but if it will be at Barca I doubt it now.
Still think he's off though I"ll think about my future tonight whats that all about?
LOL @ him wanting to have the ref out imagine him decking him he looked like he wanted to :D
Well it just goes to show you folks how much power, grit, and determination it takes to win a cup final even when your behind.
So fuck them all who say we are lucky and have made a pack with the devil, we are Liverpool F.C. the comeback kings we are masters of it thats why we have so many honours to our name  :buttrock  :love:  :hearts
Walk Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, Walk onnnnnnnnn, with hope in your heart.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 17, 2006 10:04 pm

Definitely not a classic...the sending off changed to complexion of the game quite a bit.  Pity Arsenal didn't have a Stevie to pop up with an equalizer in stoppage time, wasn't it? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Ciggy wrote:??? Doubt Henry will be off to Barca now after them comments about Eto and Ronaldino sounded very very bitter to me.
Maybe he will seek pastures new but if it will be at Barca I doubt it now.
Still think he's off though I"ll think about my future tonight whats that all about?
LOL @ him wanting to have the ref out imagine him decking him he looked like he wanted to :D
Well it just goes to show you folks how much power, grit, and determination it takes to win a cup final even when your behind.
So fuck them all who say we are lucky and have made a pack with the devil, we are Liverpool F.C. the comeback kings we are masters of it thats why we have so many honours to our name  :buttrock  :love:
Walk Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, Walk onnnnnnnnn, with hope in your heart.

:bowdown

Too right, Lynds.

Maybe that crusty old tw*tbag Wenger will realise that now.

The fact of the matter is, Arsenal wouldn't have scored if the ref was on Barca's side, as it was such a blatent dive by Eboue.

Cheats never prosper, and this result goes to show that there IS some justice in the World.

"We were the better team with 11 men", Henry said.

Yeah - pity you're all a bunch of c*cks who take to ground at every opportunity, though.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed May 17, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 pm

Arsenal started the game well and defended well after the sending off. They were unlucky but thats football for you.

Barca played well but not up to their usual standard until the last 15 mins. The manager made some good substitutions at key times in the game. Ronaldinho had an average game today but did show flashes of his brilliance.

Overall Barca are deserving winners and I can't wait to find my uncle and get my winnings.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby der_kaiser » Wed May 17, 2006 10:18 pm

Fair play to Arsenal they did play well but Henry should have had the game finished just  before Barca's first.

The ref wasn't great and he might have killed the game but he didn't do either team any favours. Shouldn't have been a red card and the goal should have stood. Arsenal's goal wasn't a free-kick in the build up, so really it all finished even.

Think UEFA need to stick to the major leagues when selecting ref's for such big games!

Well done Barca!!
Last edited by der_kaiser on Wed May 17, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
der_kaiser

Postby Sabre » Wed May 17, 2006 10:19 pm

Barca played well but not up to their usual standard until the last 15 mins. The manager made some good substitutions at key times in the game. Ronaldinho had an average game today but did show flashes of his brilliance.

Agreed, this was the game of the reserves. Both Larsson and Belleti were very effective. Larsson helped in both goals definitely.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Hey anyway we are still the most successfull english club ever no one ever forget that, feck the jealous b@stards we deserve to win every trophey we fight for cause we are Liverpool football club.
Thank you Rafa for following on our traditions and winning 3 tropheys within two seasons with us, our club will live on and on, Ive passed it down to my son most of you's will pass it on to your off springs, and make sure that Liverpool F.C. never dies.
We are successfull for our never say die attitude and we will always be the same.
God I fuckin love Liverpool no one can ever come close to us with a wiff.
p.s.Sir Alex we are back on our fucking  pearch not that we ever fell off it :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed May 17, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:23 pm

I have to say, I'm glad Arsenal never won.  I didn't want last year to be forgotten, and now it wont.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:25 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I have to say, I'm glad Arsenal never won.  I didn't want last year to be forgotten, and now it wont.

Too bloody right John imagine them singin we are the champions, champions of europe at anfield  :glare:
Now they cant HA  :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion