Copa america 2007

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby CrouchiesFrontTooth » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Damn. I want Argies to win. Dunno why. S'pose it's just the sheer class of their football. Keep me posted!! Cheers..
CrouchiesFrontTooth

Postby destro » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Its all over 3-0 to Brazil, best team on the day won it ,Argentina's big name players didn't show up
destro

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:07 am

Tevez was so poor.  Riquelme was poor but he wasnt given room to operate. Argentina were too narrow and the coach needed to change things.  Crespo couldnt of really been fit or he would of come on.  Brazil scoring 1st was bad as this current day Brazilian side are more than happy to just get men behind the ball.  Will be interesting to see what Dunga does with this team when Kaka and Ronaldinho are back.
puroresu

Postby red37 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:19 am

oops. not meant to happen that. credit to Brazil, they never let the Argies have a sniff. Safe journey home Masch.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Watched the game and was really surprised by the way Brazil played. All credit to them as it worked but they really just kicked the argentines off the park at times, conceding foul after foul, but cleverly in areas that didnt really matter.
The argentina system was very strange with Veron and Cambiasso as the wide players of a diamond, both totally ineffective. And with both strikers dropping deep or pulling wide the argies werent really a threat.
As stated by someone else Crespo cant have been fit or he would of at least come on, i'd of played Messi wide left with Milito up front as least then there would of been some creativity out wide and a natural striker up front.
Brazil counter attacked superbly though and deserved there win, Dunga got it right using players that were disciplined and got stuck in the whole 90 minutes, i cant remember a time where an argentine player got the ball into feet and wasnt immediately hit with a strong challenge, sort of like England try and play only with the players to counter quickly, the likes of Robinho and Alves, who was very impressive when he came on.
Gutted for Mascherano though.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fracurvanord » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi! :)

i'm new in this forum

sorry for the bad english, but i'm italian

im not happy for the result of the cup.I hoped argentina win, but it isn't happened

:(
Last edited by fracurvanord on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neroazzurro nel Cuore
fracurvanord

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:18 pm

Milito had to double up as left back a number of times last night when Heinze went walkabout.

Think Rafa's interest begins and ends at him being able to play both left back and centre back rather than being the best left back available, all about the possibilities.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Hopefully other South American sides will not try and emulate the way Brazil played.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:37 pm

puroresu wrote:Hopefully other South American sides will not try and emulate the way Brazil played.

Why? Is 3-0 not good enough?
LFC2007

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:40 pm

puroresu wrote:Hopefully other South American sides will not try and emulate the way Brazil played.

The commentator (Alan Parry i think it was)kept going on about the pressure Dunga was under cos they dont play the right way, they not only need to win but win with style.
Sort of like the way Real Madrid have been by sacking Capello after winning the league.

I think its ridiculous to be honest, you play the best you can with the players at your disposal, Argentina clearly had better players and a better squad and if Brazil would of picked a side based solely on attacking and entertaining they would of more than likely lost.
As it happens Dunga played a more defensive disciplined line up, but one with great threat on the counter. They bullied Argentina at times, but then won a major final 3-0 against the massive favourites, if there fans are not happy with that, especially without Ronaldinho and Kaka then it is a ridiculous situation.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:07 pm

From what I have read on the various forums it seems a lot of Brazilian fans are happy with the win but do not want to see Dunga carry on with this way of playing.  With Kaka and Ronaldinho they cant play that way.

The beauty of this tournament was the amount of goals scored.  average of 3 goals a game.  Unlike last summer where we saw so much negativity.
puroresu

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion