Tevez in talks for £30m real madrid switch - Damn shame

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:34 pm

stmichael wrote:
whylongball? wrote:well i'am worried cos its just so scary. I have seen tevez play not torres so i cant compare. But from what i see of tevez the guy can raise a few gears up  :no

F#ck 'em. In fact we need to stop building them up so much. A large part of their titles in the 90s were given a little nudge because of the numbers of teams unwilling to try and actually beat them. They got point after point against teams looking for a draw because they kept going for 90 minutes and finally the opponents tired. You get a few results like that early in the season and you start making the reputation stronger. Every team's beatable.

yea but there is no denying tevez is goin to make them a better side next season...
him and rooney han and will work together imo... both are very good players with brilliant skills and both have very good finishing... just because both come deep alot to help out in building up play doesnt mean that they will score less goals... i think scholes and giggs and gradually going to make room for the new players and have to admit that they have all it takes to win the title again next year...
people keep going on about them because they are the champions and are our competition... its just natural...

i see what ur tryin to say but in reality...them signing tevez does make a difference... if we had signed him im sure manutd and chelsea fans would have taken us more seriously as title contenders given the quality we would have had in our squad...

as things stand...man ud hav the best defence and forward line in the league atm and are looking like strong favorites to winning it again.. no building up just realistically speaking

i definitely expect more playrs to come in.. big names ... players like quaresma or mancini or owen will improve our side dramatically imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:35 pm

our 'not so' secret weapon, cara will put them both on their ar$es in the first 10 minutes. we'll be ok.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm

I love the mega optimism before each season lol "we're going to win the title OBV!!!"

We need more signings, the current squad isnt good enough to win it IMO, wingers are v important

Huge blow with the mancs getting tevez, cant deny that
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Kopite187 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:08 pm

aCe' wrote:
stmichael wrote:
whylongball? wrote:well i'am worried cos its just so scary. I have seen tevez play not torres so i cant compare. But from what i see of tevez the guy can raise a few gears up  :no

F#ck 'em. In fact we need to stop building them up so much. A large part of their titles in the 90s were given a little nudge because of the numbers of teams unwilling to try and actually beat them. They got point after point against teams looking for a draw because they kept going for 90 minutes and finally the opponents tired. You get a few results like that early in the season and you start making the reputation stronger. Every team's beatable.

yea but there is no denying tevez is goin to make them a better side next season...
him and rooney han and will work together imo... both are very good players with brilliant skills and both have very good finishing... just because both come deep alot to help out in building up play doesnt mean that they will score less goals... i think scholes and giggs and gradually going to make room for the new players and have to admit that they have all it takes to win the title again next year...
people keep going on about them because they are the champions and are our competition... its just natural...

i see what ur tryin to say but in reality...them signing tevez does make a difference... if we had signed him im sure manutd and chelsea fans would have taken us more seriously as title contenders given the quality we would have had in our squad...

as things stand...man ud hav the best defence and forward line in the league atm and are looking like strong favorites to winning it again.. no building up just realistically speaking

i definitely expect more playrs to come in.. big names ... players like quaresma or mancini or owen will improve our side dramatically imo...

i agree, having the likes of both rooney and tevez up front would surely be more than a bonus.

if tevez DOES sign, id expect either one of them, or even both of them to end up in the top 3 leading scorers next season. hopefully new boy torres can match it up with them ;)

signing up a player like a quaresma would  definately add some much needed flair into our squad, i dont know why were not looking into him more seriously, he's capable enough to be the sort of winger were looking for.
Kopite187

Postby puroresu » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Carlos Tevez has played down reports suggesting he is close to joining Manchester United.

The West Ham forward, who is currently in Venezuela with Argentina for the Copa America campaign, has been linked to several clubs in England and abroad but is keen to remain in the Premier League.

"As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers," Tevez told Argentina national newspaper Clarin.

"Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud."

Tevez was instrumental in keeping the Hammers in the Premier League last season and admits he would not be disappointed if he was to remain at Upton Park for a second straight campaign.

"If I have to stay at West Ham, it would be fine," he said. "I am happy there and people love me very much."

The 23-year-old admits he is no hurry to make a decision and his main aim right now is to help Argentina go for glory at the Copa America.

"Right now my focus is here (with national team)," said Tevez. "I think it's the best thing for my team. Once this is over, we shall see."

More news from SportingLife.com
puroresu

Postby Kewell2Dominate » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:40 pm

Same old rubbish before a player signs with a club. I am praying tevez does not sign for utd as that will be a huge blow to our chances. I am not saying we can't win the prem but rooney and tevez up front will make any defence shake, even king carra. Still have the midfield to win the league.
Kewell2Dominate

Postby Homebooby » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:46 pm

I'm sensing another communal W*nk moment  :D
Homebooby

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Fact: United were better than us last season they finished 21 points ahead.
Fact: United have will have improved their squad more than we have if they sign tevez.

I already though we should sign tevez but the fact that he wants to stay in England mean we have to just so United don't. Plus he would almost certianly be out best attacking player
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:15 pm

They will have more players - potential selection problems. Giggs and Scholes will be older and unlikely to match last seasons performances. People who have already resigned themselves to a defeatist attitude just because the mancs sign a few quality players are numpties in my book.
LFC2007

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Tevez won't improve United's first 11.  He's far too similar to Rooney and I couldn't see them working well as a partnership.  Neither likes to play as an out-and-out striker, both like to come deep for the ball.  I could be wrong, but I think United is the wrong club for him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:11 pm

Would be a pity if he went to the scum - it would, however, show that fat b*stard Spooney up for the temperamental charlatan he really is.

Best player in the World? Not even in the top 20, you f*cking pudding.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 pm

stmichael wrote:

this is exactly what they are trying to do AGAIN. Given the amount of flair and creativity in their teams, soon enough teams would fear and have to play for for a draw. Not all teams like Liverpool would give them a fuc.k ...not everyone has your mentality mate...
And seriously only Liv and Chelsea can defend against such a force
whylongball?

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:30 pm

LFC2007 wrote:They will have more players - potential selection problems. Giggs and Scholes will be older and unlikely to match last seasons performances. People who have already resigned themselves to a defeatist attitude just because the mancs sign a few quality players are numpties in my book.

I can see Giggs declining but Scholes probably not, given his style not relying on pace at all.
As for attitude, i see it as us not having raised enough standard whereas our main competitors have/going to :)
whylongball?

Postby roberto green » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm

john craig wrote:Tevez won't improve United's first 11.  He's far too similar to Rooney and I couldn't see them working well as a partnership.  Neither likes to play as an out-and-out striker, both like to come deep for the ball.  I could be wrong, but I think United is the wrong club for him.

I totaly agree with you on this one, Tevez and rooney are exactly the same type of  player they would do the exact same moves for the ball and end up getting in each others way.not one of them is a predetor in the box type of player, but i suppose in this day and age you dont get your typical goalhanger,i hope they dont link up well because i can see man u being unstopable,On the other hand bothe Tevez and Rooney like their food they could grow fat together!!! :help
roberto green

Postby Penguins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:07 am

Dribbling/flair players

Liverpool            Manure

Torres               Ronaldo
Pennant?           Nani
                        Rooney
                        Giggs
                        Tevez
                        Anderson

This is the reason utd win the PL. Oppoents can's handle all that offense and skill.
We almost have no players that can dribble past players with skill, ball control and pace.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill