Tevez in talks for £30m real madrid switch - Damn shame

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:55 pm

It's just not true, from an interview with Joorabchian:

Who now owns Carlos Tevez, is he a West Ham player?

KJ: He is registered to West Ham.

They did have his registration rights and still do!

You say Magnusson mislead the fans. It's just not true. MSI can still have a veto on the registration of Tevez because they own him outright, but that is not to say Magnusson mislead or lied to the fans.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:59 pm

destro wrote:The reason i mentioned it is because the deal Man U are going to complete for Tevez is, EXACTLY, word for word the same deal as we have for Mascherano, so againi ask the question do we pay what could be 20 Million ( disclaimer) or do we take him on loan ( if we can ) for another year or two ?

We don't know what the deal is so it's not "word for word the exact same deal". We don't even know the Mascherano deal completely.

If hypothetically you are asking should we pay £20M for Maschaerano now, then I would say no. I don't believe we would have enough money to fund transfers to other areas of the team if we forked out £20m for him now.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Like i said it will all come out in the next few days.

Back to Mascherano, if Tevez was offered for 40 Million after one season, what price will Mascherano be after a two year loan ?

And from what we have seen how much is to much, or is it unfair to judge him on the short time he has been with us ?
destro

Postby Penguins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:09 pm

I see the masherano situation a whole lot different than the Tevez situation.

Mascherano couldn't get a game a WH and WH had no problem giving us the registration over to us since they didn't want to keep paying his wages anyway.

WH has no intention to hand over the registration for Tevez since they don't want to loose him at all. He played most of their games and was the player of the season for WH.

Then there is the thing about WH ripping up the agreement they had with MSI so Tevez could complete the season and stop WH from being docked points.
This happened long after the Masch deal was sorted and signed.
Now, I don't know exactly was that agreement said but it could surely influence the siuation at hand.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:10 pm

I don't think MSI will release the details of his contract in the coming days. Magnusson has no reason to lie, and given Joorabchian himself claimed that West Ham held his registration then I concur with him, the intricacies of the agreement obviously give MSI the right to cancel the holding of the registration on West Ham's part.

To the question,

We don't know how much it would cost to buy him outright. If we assume it would be £20m for the sake of discussion, then I would definitely not pay that money in this transfer window. If we have £20m plus enough to fund other areas of the squad e.g. two wingers then I would say yes, but in reality I don't think we have that much money to spend. There may be an agreement with an option to purchase at the end of the loan that is already in place, if that's the case then that is the most sensible agreement.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:13 pm

I was quite surprised by the contract renewal of Sissoko... might mean that rafa is not sure whether he will take up masherano permanently after the loan spell...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:15 pm

maguskwt wrote:I was quite surprised by the contract renewal of Sissoko... might mean that rafa is not sure whether he will take up masherano permanently after the loan spell...

I wasn't surprised at all, when your manager keeps on telling you how important you are publicly and what a fantastic player you are then I expect him to honour that re-assurance in the form of a contract.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:27 pm

Managers think like that when they are given a vote of confidence by the chairman........until they are sacked a few days later !

IF Mascherano does for whatever reason leave us after his loan period all those on here who wanted to "cash in" on Momo should be happy Rafa didn't agree
destro

Postby Penguins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:32 pm

For me that would be irrelevant since masch is twice the players Momo is.
Since Masch can pass and read the game and is showing 100% more composure in games it would be a terrible blow to loose Masch and replace him with Momo.

Like Cissé more an athlete than a footballer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:36 pm

But he was good enough for people to rave about him until Mascherano came ?

Football fans can be so fickle
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:40 pm

destro wrote:But he was good enough for people to rave about him until Mascherano came ?

Football fans can be so fickle

Exactly, I don't consider a player who gets man of the match against Chelsea, Barcelona and Arsenal one who is half the player of Mascherano.

People are happy to ignore Sissoko's performances of two seasons ago when he was by far one of our best players. When Mascherano arrived Sissoko had a dip in form, it happens and that's why we have added depth to this area. Mascherano's only played 12 games, none of which were in meaningful EPL games.

This season is the test for him.
LFC2007

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Sissoko is a great player, and people do undervalue him, they loom to much at his faults and ignore his age and his better qualitys.

Personally I think Sissoko is a great player and if we loose Mascherano it wouldnt be the end of the world plus Mascherano will cost us a hell of a lot more than Sissoko did.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:56 pm

Apparently Magnusson has just made a statemant on the whufc website that tevez is a west ham player and the expect him back for pre seseaon training , there is noo deal with man utd without west hams say so.

SOURCE IS TALK SPORT and i don't know how to do the linky thing sorry .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Apparently Magnusson has just made a statemant on the whufc website that tevez is a west ham player and the expect him back for pre seseaon training , there is noo deal with man utd without west hams say so.

SOURCE IS TALK SPORT and i don't know how to do the linky thing sorry .

West Ham are going to say that.  They still claim they ripped up the MSI agreement even though one party (MSI) did not.  As long as MSI have documents which show all transfer rights belong to them, there isn't a lot West Ham or the Premier League can do.  MSI have an investment and if there rights are challenged West Ham and the Premier League could end up looking very very stupid.

Sky Sports now says Tevez's representatives have confirmed  Tevez has agreed personal terms with Man Utd and expects to complete deal. 

West Ham shouldn't moan anyway, they got him for nothing and are in the same boat Corinthians were in last summer.

Tevez Agent is saying West Ham know all about this and gave permission for Tevez to speak to other clubs.
puroresu

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:40 pm

BBC reporting that Man U have agreed personal terms with Tevez.

Pretty much a done deal, in other words, regardless of where the money's going.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill