Hull v Liverpool KO 3pm 04/02/2017

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 pm

I don't think I have witnessed such a prolonged unimaginative collection of repetitive garbage in all my years (over 50) as a Liverpool supporter. Owners fault my ar.se !! The team and the manager were utterly useless today !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:18 pm

JC_81 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Certain things are coming back to bite us.

Not sorting the keeper position. Here we are still relying on Mignolet, who despite his pen save v Chelsea hasnt impressed. He needs to go in the summer. Karius is young and not ready. We need an experienced reliable keeper for now. Mignolet isnt that.

Agreed, poor keeping has haunted us for years, Reina has been the only keeper worthy of the shirt in the last 30 years 

Left back. Milner has done really well but his legs have looked gone last 6 weeks. I would even be tempted to give Moreno a few games... which highlights the problem we have in this position as Moreno is horrendous.

Yep, full backs probably do more running than centre mids these days and to be fair to him it's not really a job for a 30 year old, Milner has given it his best shot but it looks like he's hit that same metaphorical wall that marathon runners do. The lad is out on his feet.

A quality centre mid. When the chips are down we need someone who is going to drag us through the game and get something. Henderson has a place in the team but he wont give us this. Ive also lost patience with Can. He needs to go.

This has been a burning issue ever since Alonso left and Father Time caught up with Gerrard. I didn't mind Brendan but his failure to address this glaring problem was one of the main reasons I eventually lost patience with him. How the hell couldnt he see that we were weak as pi$$ in midfield? Why did he keep on buying AM's when it was CM's we desperately needed?

Striker. Firmino works hard but blows hot and cold. Not consistent. And Sturridge is finished - no pace now. We need a top quality forward.

Agreed, Firmino is a good player and definately still has a future at the club but he's not the type of natural goalscorer that sniffs out those 5 yard tap in's that title challenges are built on. 

Work to be done this summer.

Understatement of the year that mate!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Since Christmas we've played the 3 worst sides in the division (Sunderland, Hull and Swansea) and come away with a solitary point. 1 point out of 9 against that lot.  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:47 pm

It is glaringly obvious that we really lack quality. We have a lot of runners with few artists and that is why we have been found out. Difference between us and that Dortmund side is they had much better players. Watching Milner, Henderson, lallana, Clyne etc against teams that park the bus ( basically everyone) unable to show quality is frustrating. All good solid players that will put in a shift but lacking that quality that unlocks defenses. I bet if Suarez was playing today we would have won easily despite them parking the bus, and the reason would be that he has quality. I think Klopp got the most out of this team and we need major upgrades to push on.

Every team plays us the same way now, it is that obvious. Every one of their pre match meetings is basically "Park the bus and wait for their goalie or defenders to make a mistake and give them 80%  possession because they do not have the quality to break us down". looking forward to Spurs, City and especially Arsenal because we need a win. Dreading Stoke, WBA, Burnley because watching us becomes much tougher.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:43 pm wrote:Since Christmas we've played the 3 worst sides in the division (Sunderland, Hull and Swansea) and come away with a solitary point. 1 point out of 9 against that lot.  :no

Really makes awful reading. We have spurs at home next week and no doubt we will turn up again and put in a good performance which just frustrates the f*ck out of me even more. Sick of this turning up against the big teams and melting against anything midtable to bottom.
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:01 pm

It was a total shambles and disgraceful performance from an average team with an exaggerated reputation of being a title challenger, which it is in reality, it was never on, but only a true myth! It was the Nutcase’s baseless hypes by trying to fool LFC fans with a highly charged emotional false hope.

How do expect from many average players starting with a donkey Captain Henderson to lead a team with weak foundation  like Liverpool to win trophies, not mentioning titles!! It is absurd I have never belief it from the first game against Arsenal!!!

It was very much evident that LFC team(s) since the last three seasons or so, and especially since Suarez departure it was very much needed a major fundamental changes, whereas the idiot BR and this Nutcase have both failed to address it despite having the time to correct it and spending millions without resolving it, almost everyone has touched on it, media, ex-Liverpool players, and fans.

The obvious and urgent requirements are:

*Top class keeper, and getting rid of Mignolet ( gifts goals away)

* Top line of back four in general( the like of Clyne, Moreno, should have cleared long time ago, Milner is no left back, Probably our best CB Sakho is being loaned away! f*cking crazy)

* Top finisher/striker ( Sturridge it looks like the injuries have had the best out of him, However he should be kept in squad) Origi a total useless, he might have a talent! Which I really doubt, but he has no brain, there is no improvement, too much hypes like his nutcase manager, but no end products).

How the hell do you expect from a team like this which has all the useless compounds, such as weak keeper, weak and leaky defense which it cannot defend set pieces, especially corners, the midfield players are masters of square and back passes, no one can run with ball at defenses, with all these bad qualities are very much present in this team, and it has no chance in hell to be a top four spot team and win things.

This nutcase of manager has lost the f*cking plot, and ought be sacked, however he will try to do his best and cement  8th or 7th spot in league.

Liverpool is the most boring team in the whole league, and from today’s showing it like a dead team totally drained physically and mentally, lacking in depth on bench, and all of that due to stupid management that lacks variation and direction. But Hypes, Hypes, hypes.

A STEADY DECLINE!
algymoon

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Didn't catch the match so can't really analyse the performance.
However from the looks of it seems like our bad form continues.
I would have thought after the draw against Chelsea the lads would have put up a performance today.
We've got a really bad crisis going on.
Top 4? Lol will be lucky to finish 8th.
Mancs have been breathing down our necks and are very close to overtaking us.
Next few fixtures we've got are tough and the way things are going we will be possible 5/6th end of the month.

Since Rafa left we have not addressed our defense. Also like someone stated we have not replaced Macha/Alonso in DM.
Defensively were woeful and will be.
If you want success you begin at the back, solidify your team then work upfront.
We work in reverse we did it with Brendan and seems like atm with Klopp.

When Houllier came his first task he strengthened us at the back with Henchoz and Hyppia. Our defense was solid and had he made few more positive changes we would have done a lot better under him.

I envy Conte. He bought Kante to solidfiy the mid. What a beast of player. The iron shield of Chelsea mid.
David Luiz, another to cement the defense.
They deserve to be where they are and are worthy champions.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:34 pm

The point you just made, same one I did in the Klopp thread: BRING BACK RAFA. Give him money to spend. Rafa didn't and wouldn't tolerate shyte defending or a shyte keeper.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Penguins » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:10 pm

redshade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 pm wrote:Didn't catch the match so can't really analyse the performance.
However from the looks of it seems like our bad form continues.
I would have thought after the draw against Chelsea the lads would have put up a performance today.
We've got a really bad crisis going on.
Top 4? Lol will be lucky to finish 8th.
Mancs have been breathing down our necks and are very close to overtaking us.
Next few fixtures we've got are tough and the way things are going we will be possible 5/6th end of the month.

Since Rafa left we have not addressed our defense. Also like someone stated we have not replaced Macha/Alonso in DM.
Defensively were woeful and will be.
If you want success you begin at the back, solidify your team then work upfront.
We work in reverse we did it with Brendan and seems like atm with Klopp.

When Houllier came his first task he strengthened us at the back with Henchoz and Hyppia. Our defense was solid and had he made few more positive changes we would have done a lot better under him.

I envy Conte. He bought Kante to solidfiy the mid. What a beast of player. The iron shield of Chelsea mid.
David Luiz, another to cement the defense.
They deserve to be where they are and are worthy champions.

Just lovely these posts... :no
What the heck did Kante and Luiz cost ffs ? That would be a new record midfield and defender signing if we did those.
So Chelski spend 100 million and Conte is a superstar. When did LFC spend anything close to that without having to sell 1st...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Well thats what maybe we should be doing then lol.

Kante 30 mil luzi 29 mil.
Not that much money is it!.

Both are solid defensive players that are one of the main reason why Chelsea are strong at the back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Just to add one to your post conte players he bought cost £112.8 mil and players he sold £92 mill

Net spend in the minus 20 mill.

Sorry but i still have to applaud Conte.
He knew where he needed to solidify his team and did it well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Mignolet is nowhere near good enough for this club but I rate him as one of the best shot stoppers in the league. His kicking is abysmal, hes not brave enough, and he makes basic errors too often. Milner was brilliant at the start of the season, but he's burned out and too old to cover for when teams counter attack us.. Moreno is useless but he makes up ground with his pace and gets us out of trouble sprinting back.

Clyne is absolutely gutless!! A true bottler if ever I've seen one. We need a right back desperatly next year because Clyne is worse than Johnson ever was.

I'd keep Hendo and Wijnaldum but id get rid of Can, he's gone backwards this year.. Klopp has blamed calf problems for his form but the truth is he's just not good enough.

Firmino is a great player... but he's not a Center forward and never will be. His finishing is very average and he doesn't take enough good positions (mainly due to him tracking back)

The side is a absolute mess and Klopp as much as I love him has to take full responsibility!! He's had 3 transfer windows and refused to use 2 of them.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:24 am

Awful, simply awful.

Klopp got the most out of this lot in the first 3-4 months, but the lack of quality and playing an inbalanced squad is really coming home to bite us again.

For the idiots that think getting rid of Klopp will resolve everything, just like letting getting rid of the previous manager, it won't.

The problem is clearly our owners and their restrictive player transfer policies, since they arrived.

It's been 6 years coming up to 7 without anything to show for it. They simply need to go  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 am

Yes  3 transfer windows but nothing of any note. Maybe  mane but that's it. Sad times
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:20 am

This result today has hit home that we have a real fight on our hands to secure a top 4 place. Really thought we would go out there and get a win to inspire some confidence but we were woeful. If Man City win tomorrow, it pushes us to 5th. They are starting to click again and I really see them finishing the season strong.

Big worry for me is that we play a lot of the midtable to bottom placed teams from now until the end of the season and no doubt those teams will try and use this blue print of crowded out the middle and forcing us to go wide and looking to hit us on the counter with pace. Suddenly the trips to the likes of WBA, Stoke etc are looking like very awkward games.

If we are not playing well, the first thing is to make sure we don't lose. But we just shoot ourselves in the foot by conceding from set pieces/making mistakes, bombing forward with no real cover at the back and getting exposed. I loved the way we were playing at the beginning of the season but Klopp must have a plan in place to ensure we don't lose games if we are struggling to reach those early season levels. However, over the last month or so i'm seeing the same issues week in week out which is worrying.

At the moment, it's just too much of a roulette situation where we are hoping things come of in the attacking third but if they don't, there's no real plan to ensure we keep the back door shut. Bad results for the other top 5 sides are draws to the midtable to bottom sides, but we are losing them.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games