Burnley V Liverpool - EPL - Saturday 20th August 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Well after the barn storming match that we had against Arsenal last sunday it would be nice to grab a win at a tough ground without conceding goals

I am watching JK's press conference on LFC TV at the moment and he says Matip, Sturridge, Milner are all close and should be there or there about's for this match

He says Mane is not too bad but this match may be too soon for him

He also referenced Can and Origi, stating they were back late from the euro's but are almost back to where he wants them now

All the above said, I would like to see a similar side to the one that started against Arsenal, with the main exceptions of Milner in for Moreno and Origi in for Mane (if unavailable)

He was asked quite a bit about Moreno and didn't seem to like the fact that his player (Moreno) was being discussed in this way, although he did admit Moreno was at fault for the penalty

It would be nice if we could nab a win here without any further injuries and keep the momentum building for the match against Spurs

Come on the redmen  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:53 pm

If Sturridge comes in then hopefully the absence of Mane won't be felt as much. 3 points, no matter how they come is all I'm after. I fully expect them to focus on Moreno so either Milner comes in or we protect him a little more

I have Gray in my FF team and so far I've cursed everyone I've picked so hopefully that run continues  :D

C-R stick the conference up when you can mate, much appreciated  :)
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Today's press conference with our boss Jurgen Klopp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8q2AAOqQaY
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Nice one mate.

Possible line up. I doubt Klopp will play Milner instead of Moreno.

Mignolet

Clyne lovren klavan Moreno

Hendo Can

Lallana         Couts
       Firmino

Origi or studge
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 pm

It will be interesting to see who Jurgen decides to go with up front this weekend. With the game being away from home against a workmanlike side like Burnley I've got a funny feeling he might opt for the superior work rate of Origi but whoever he chooses it's just nice to have options for a change.
It wasn't that long ago that when Danny was injured we'd have Borini leading the line for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 pm

It wasn't that long ago that when Danny was injured we'd have Borini leading the line for us.

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:17 pm wrote:It will be interesting to see who Jurgen decides to go with up front this weekend. With the game being away from home against a workmanlike side like Burnley I've got a funny feeling he might opt for the superior work rate of Origi but whoever he chooses it's just nice to have options for a change.

I'd actually argue the opposite. Against sides that have 10 men behind the ball, who are organized and defend well, you'd want a Sturridge rather than an Origi upfront. Danny can create something out of nothing, he has the ability to unlock that tight defense. I'd understand (not fully but yea) Origi against the stronger sides where you wont have as much possession and need a forward who will fight for every ball and who perhaps does a better making it stick when a long pass is played.

As you said though, either way, having options is nice and we should have more than enough to get the 3 points.

I'm going for a 3-1.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:22 am

Mane is listed as being back tomorrow, but I wouldn't risk it. Perhaps give Markovic one last throw of the dice? Unless a deal is lined up for him to go, we've got nothing to lose by using him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Sturridge.

subs: Manninger, Can, Origi, Matip, Moreno, Stewart, Grujic

All confirmed
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:34 pm

No mane  :down: ... Hopefully Sturridge does well
killerp

Postby killerp » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:35 pm

But no Moreno!!!  :buttrock  :buttrock
killerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:40 pm

No Markovic on the bench again. Guess that means his LFC career is pretty much over.   

Am going for 2-0 today. Come on red men  :buttrock
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:51 pm

The bench now looks very healthy. Game changers, match winners and match protectors all their.
WE GO AGAIN!
COME ON THE REDS!!!!!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:02 pm

1 nil burnely, Vokes

faffing around at the back ffs
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Same old Liverpool