Liverpool V Everton - EPL - Wed 20th April 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:54 pm

The league matches are coming quick and fast at the moment, win this game and the hammers fail to win as well and we are upto 6th place, still with a game in hand on the scum (which if we won would put us 2 points behind them btw)

So with that said, the league is not totally over for us, we could still, at a stretch push for 5th which is more than achievable and well within our grasp if we continue winning

Everton are in very poor form at the moment, Martinez is under a lot of pressure, Lukaku has an injury and is considered 50/50, the same for Coleman who picked up an injury on the weekend against Southampton

As for ourselves we are without (amongst others) Henderson, Can, and Benteke......  JK commented in today's press conference that Origi, Firmino and Kolo have knocks, so I hope those are not too serious

I don't think we should go as rotated as we did as Bournemouth, because Everton at Anfield will be a totally different beast, so we need to find a balanced mix of experience and youth to see us through

I would keep Stewaer and Allen in the centre of midfield but I think I would bring back Milner for his experience, possibly one of Lovren or Sakho to replace Kolo with maybe Lucas alongside

I would keep Sturridge as a starter and if Firmino is injured then bring Lallana back in

This game is more than winnable for us, we are on a roll upwards and Everton downwards, let's do a professional job and take the 3 points, ready to go again on the weekend against Newcastle
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:46 pm

I'd much rather miss out on the Europa league next season if possible. If that means finishing 9th instead of 5th in the league so be it.

That said, you dont go into a game against Everton with your better players rested on the bench.

I'd go with :

Mignolet
Clyne
Lovren
Sakho
Moreno
Milner
Allen
Lallana
Firmino
Coutinho
Sturridge

If Firmino isn't fit, I'd be very tempted to go with a diamond and bring in Lucas and Origi for Lallana and Firmino. Kick the fckers while they're down.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 am

aCe' » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:46 pm wrote:I'd much rather miss out on the Europa league next season if possible. If that means finishing 9th instead of 5th in the league so be it.

That said, you dont go into a game against Everton with your better players rested on the bench.

I'd go with :

Mignolet
Clyne
Lovren
Sakho
Moreno
Milner
Allen
Lallana
Firmino
Coutinho
Sturridge

If Firmino isn't fit, I'd be very tempted to go with a diamond and bring in Lucas and Origi for Lallana and Firmino. Kick the fckers while they're down.

That is pretty much full strength, should be more than enough to finish off Everton
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:51 am

Full strength team for this one. No question. Players can be rested for the league game after this one, prior to Villareal
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:41 am

Everton's team selection will be very interesting. Martinez is  under massive pressure. On the one hand he needs to rest players for the FA Cup semi-final trip to Wembley against Manchester United  at the weekend. On the other hand if he puts out a seriously weakened team against Liverpool and they get thrashed  he will go down even further in the popularity stakes.

I am confident that regardless of who Everton play we can still take all three points. Our team and fan spirit at the moment is in a different stratosphere to Everton's.We also have a manager that seems to know what he is doing  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:53 am

Beat these and then turn our focus to Villareal. The back end of the season is starting to become pretty interesting for us. Happy days
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:28 am

Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 am wrote:Beat these and then turn our focus to Villareal. The back end of the season is starting to become pretty interesting for us. Happy days

Not bothering with Newcastle then  :grinning:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:12 pm

devaney » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:28 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 am wrote:Beat these and then turn our focus to Villareal. The back end of the season is starting to become pretty interesting for us. Happy days

Not bothering with Newcastle then  :grinning:

I think we'll see so called weakened sides either side of the Villareal games
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:36 pm

I like that "SO CALLED WEAKENED SIDES"

Not long ago some people on this forum basically wanted to sell most of our playing personnel during the next transfer window !! How quickly things can change.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Jurgen Klopp's pre match press conference for the Everton match

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Playing a midfield duo of Milner and Allen, or Milner and any other player for that matter, would be equal to suicide. Milner is a useful player but he is not a CM, hope Klopp learned that lesson from the Dortmund game.

This is what I would play:

Mignolet

Clyne   Lovren    Sakho   Moreno

Lucas/Stewart    Allen

Lallana     Coutinho     Milner

Origi/Sturridge

So two things I'm not sure about; whether to partner Lucas or Stewart with Allen and whether to start with Sturridge or Origi.

Lucas or Stewart, in normal circumstances it would have been Lucas, a no-brainer, but from what I recall, a pairing of Lucas and Allen hasn't worked too well for us, so I'm not sure. However, considerong it's a derby and all, maybe it would be best to just go ahead with those two.

As for who to play as CF, now that's a really though call. Origi is in great form, scores goals, opens space for other players and pretty much works his socks off. Sturridge on the other hand could win the game with a single move, a single moment of brilliance. Klopp really needs to think carefully about this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:46 pm

damjan193 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:42 pm wrote:Playing a midfield duo of Milner and Allen, or Milner and any other player for that matter, would be equal to suicide. Milner is a useful player but he is not a CM, hope Klopp learned that lesson from the Dortmund game.

This is what I would play:

Mignolet

Clyne   Lovren    Sakho   Moreno

Lucas/Stewart    Allen

Lallana     Coutinho     Milner

Origi/Sturridge

So two things I'm not sure about; whether to partner Lucas or Stewart with Allen and whether to start with Sturridge or Origi.

Lucas or Stewart, in normal circumstances it would have been Lucas, a no-brainer, but from what I recall, a pairing of Lucas and Allen hasn't worked too well for us, so I'm not sure. However, considerong it's a derby and all, maybe it would be best to just go ahead with those two.

As for who to play as CF, now that's a really though call. Origi is in great form, scores goals, opens space for other players and pretty much works his socks off. Sturridge on the other hand could win the game with a single move, a single moment of brilliance. Klopp really needs to think carefully about this one.

Yeah, Reuss and Aubemeyang just breezed past Milner like he wasn't there last week and Barkley will do the same given the opportunity, Everton's midfield is pretty strong so we need players in there who, at the very least, are quick and tigerish enough to turn the midfield battle into a bit of a contest.
If your midfield isn't going to create much then the least they can do is get about the opposition and make life hard for them.
Everton are dodgy at the back so I think the key to this game will be how well our front 4 play, if our front 4 turn up then I can see us winning this pretty comfortably, if they don't, it could be a long night.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:00 pm

A Lucas/Allen pairing was a complete fail against Newcastle, I never want to see it used again
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:00 pm

A Lucas/Allen pairing was a complete fail against Newcastle, I never want to see it used again
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Lucas and Allen as a central midfield pairing is about as bad as it gets id avoid that at all costs, I dont like Milner in central midfield but Lucas and Allen cannot play together its been proven, id go for Allen and Milner, Everton are pretty light weight in midfield so i dont think being over powered should be a problem, we need to get our foot on the ball and get the attacking players involved and we should win comfortably, Everton are terrible in defence and overrated in midfield so we should have enough to win this if we have Couthino, Sturridge and Firmino on the pitch.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games