NATHANIEL CLYNE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 am

I never bought into all the hype about Finnan, he was just a steady eddie who lacked pace, no way was he as good a defender as Clyne.

There was very little hype, if any at all, about Finnan mate. He's got to be the most under rated player of all time. He's so reliable and so consistent, puts in good performances that you don't need to be worried at all about the right back position when he was playing. I can think of times Clyne fustrated me when he keeps running into blind alleys. I cant remember such fustartions with Finnan. To me Finnan is one of the best pure full backs we ever had and I dont rate Clyne as high as that. If we are talking about the 2000's and 2010's era, I'd even rate our RB's like this
Finnan>Arbeloa>Clyne

Does anyone still remember Degen? :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:04 am

Agree with this. Class player and a gent.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:36 am

Clyne is decent enough, not class but gets the job done.

I agree about Finnan. He was a dark horse, very reliable consistent performer.

Its been a while since we've had fullbacks that chip in goals.
Apart from Riise i can't think of anyone else.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Another mediocre/poor performance
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Poor would have been generous Thommo  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Clyne has been utter shiite for quite some time now...One of the reasons we are so poor against defensive units. .no support from the flanks..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 08, 2017 7:39 am

One of the most average, nondescript, frustrating players ever to pull on a red shirt. That he is one of the first on the team sheet shows how poor our squad is.
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Mon May 08, 2017 9:30 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 08, 2017 6:39 am wrote:One of the most average, nondescript, frustrating players ever to pull on a red shirt. That he is one of the first on the team sheet shows how poor our squad is.

He's a good defender and is very fast but from an attacking sense he slows the ball down since he is slow thinking, also has a poor final ball.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 am

Clyne like a few of the squad is burnt out, his performances have been average for a couple of months now, him and Milner player every minute of every game because there is no competition for their places, i'm not surprised their level has dropped but to be fair to Clyne although he has rarely been excellent lately the guy always puts in a decent performance and a real shift in probably the most demanding position in the team, god knows how many miles he clocks up and down that wing each game.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 08, 2017 11:10 am

This isn't the Clyne we bought from the Saints ,Clyne this year has been stinking average not a top 4 kind of RB you expect...The only reason he is playing is the lack of competition.
If i was Klopp i would move him to the bench and prove his worth from their.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 am

only me » Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 am wrote:This isn't the Clyne we bought from the Saints ,Clyne this year has been stinking average not a top 4 kind of RB you expect...The only reason he is playing is the lack of competition.

And replace him with who? his back up is a kid playing out of position!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:21 am wrote:
only me » Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 am wrote:This isn't the Clyne we bought from the Saints ,Clyne this year has been stinking average not a top 4 kind of RB you expect...The only reason he is playing is the lack of competition.

And replace him with who? his back up is a kid playing out of position!

Next season mate i already wrote that he is playing due lack of replacement...He is one of the biggest disappointment this year should have scorched the line with his speed but apparently he is another one who couldn't handle the pressure.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 09, 2017 6:32 am

Clyne may seem to be effective, but hes clearly not. Yes, he runs, but so what? Ive never seen someone so inept at crossing the ball in my life. I lost count of the number of times this season that he has wasted opportunities to put a decent cross in the box. Or isnt that what hes supposed to do? Is his role just to run a lot, defend a bit and frustrate the fu'ck out of everyone on and off the pitch with his lack of talent? I know its a bit harsh but he clearly isnt up to the standard we need?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 am

Thommo's perm » Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 am wrote:Clyne may seem to be effective, but hes clearly not. Yes, he runs, but so what? Ive never seen someone so inept at crossing the ball in my life. I lost count of the number of times this season that he has wasted opportunities to put a decent cross in the box. Or isnt that what hes supposed to do? Is his role just to run a lot, defend a bit and frustrate the fu'ck out of everyone on and off the pitch with his lack of talent? I know its a bit harsh but he clearly isnt up to the standard we need?

Sorry Thommo I disagree, Clyne is a very good fullback who hardly ever gets taken the cleaners by his opposite number.
Trent A-A is nowhere near ready to take his place, don't get me wrong the lad has got a big future in the game but if you want to see what can happen when a fullback gets ripped to shreds take a look at the carnage in our defence that night we played Southampton in the semi final of the League Cup at Anfield.
Redmond tore A-A apart down that right hand side and it ended up like the Alamo at the back.
Granted Clyne isn't the best in possession but he's not awful either, in Jurgen's system a lot is heaped on to the shoulders of our fullbacks as they are expected to play like wingbacks except proper wingbacks have the luxury of an extra CB covering their @rses which our fullbacks don't have.
If we get caught short at the back our fans are the first to start throwing their hands in the air moaning about where the f[vc]k the fullback was, look at the stick Moreno gets, well I'm sorry but players can't be in two places at once, if we want our fullbacks to be wingbacks then give them proper cover.
The spotlight has unfairly been shone on our fullbacks in recent weeks mainly because the 6 midfielders/attacking midfielders and forwards in the centre of the park are struggling to break teams down, well I'm sorry but that's not the fullbacks fault, they can't be expected to be Phil Neal and John Barnes at the same time.
As someone has mentioned they are already working their @rses off, the way things are going the groundstaff may as well give our fullbacks a lawn mower each as they go out the tunnel and they can cut the grass while they are at it, they are doing everything else.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 9:06 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 am wrote:Clyne may seem to be effective, but hes clearly not. Yes, he runs, but so what? Ive never seen someone so inept at crossing the ball in my life. I lost count of the number of times this season that he has wasted opportunities to put a decent cross in the box. Or isnt that what hes supposed to do? Is his role just to run a lot, defend a bit and frustrate the fu'ck out of everyone on and off the pitch with his lack of talent? I know its a bit harsh but he clearly isnt up to the standard we need?

Sorry Thommo I disagree, Clyne is a very good fullback who hardly ever gets taken the cleaners by his opposite number.
Trent A-A is nowhere near ready to take his place, don't get me wrong the lad has got a big future in the game but if you want to see what can happen when a fullback gets ripped to shreds take a look at the carnage in our defence that night we played Southampton in the semi final of the League Cup at Anfield.
Redmond tore A-A apart down that right hand side and it ended up like the Alamo at the back.
Granted Clyne isn't the best in possession but he's not awful either, in Jurgen's system a lot is heaped on to the shoulders of our fullbacks as they are expected to play like wingbacks except proper wingbacks have the luxury of an extra CB covering their @rses which our fullbacks don't have.
If we get caught short at the back our fans are the first to start throwing their hands in the air moaning about where the f[vc]k the fullback was, look at the stick Moreno gets, well I'm sorry but players can't be in two places at once, if we want our fullbacks to be wingbacks then give them proper cover.
The spotlight has unfairly been shone on our fullbacks in recent weeks mainly because the 6 midfielders/attacking midfielders and forwards in the centre of the park are struggling to break teams down, well I'm sorry but that's not the fullbacks fault, they can't be expected to be Phil Neal and John Barnes at the same time.
As someone has mentioned they are already working their @rses off, the way things are going the groundstaff may as well give our fullbacks a lawn mower each as they go out the tunnel and they can cut the grass while they are at it, they are doing everything else.

Exactly this, playing full back for Liverpool has got to be the most demanding position in the league.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion