NATHANIEL CLYNE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:03 am

Best new signing by a country mile so far, hes an absolute beast of a defender and is tireless getting forward, for me he's the perfect balance of defense and attack that you need in a modern full back, im surprised that more hasn't been mentioned on him.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 pm

he's a positive so I'm not surprised. I mean it'd mean praising Brendan and that is frowned upon.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:37 pm

The jurys still out. The player we thought we had has now almost disappeared and a nervy, back-passing, crap-crossing, out of position, hesitant wing back has replaced him. Funny that no-one has bothered to comment on this thread since August?
Have people not noticed his de-Clyne?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Disagree Thommo. Massive upgrade on Johnson imo. I think he's definitely good enough to be playing for a top 4 side which is where we should be regularly. He's had a few off games as all players do.

If a defender is doing his job you don't talk about him. The fact his thread had been left alone so long suggests fans had nothing to grumble about.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm

JC_81 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:29 pm wrote:Disagree Thommo. Massive upgrade on Johnson imo. I think he's definitely good enough to be playing for a top 4 side which is where we should be regularly. He's had a few off games as all players do.

If a defender is doing his job you don't talk about him. The fact his thread had been left alone so long suggests fans had nothing to grumble about.

Exactly....the lad is a good player and has room for improvement, but regularly puts in a shift and can defend well too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:27 pm

I'll accept that hes having a few bad games, for now, but hes definitely not the player I thought he was at first.
My nan is an upgrade from Johnson by the way
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:20 pm

I have been happy with Clyne, but if anything, he just looks fatigued now. He has looked ***** on the ball the last 2 games.

Hopefully when Flanno is back we can sufficiently rest him, because his early season form was nothing short of brilliant.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Bring less and less each game
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:48 pm

I thought Clyne just like Lovren would be a great signing after watching snippets of him on MOTD.. but what have we bought here?
He has no confidence whatsoever!! He passes either sideways or backwards. He looks nervous on the ball, and like someone else stated he's always out of position.

I thought he'd be a brilliant wingback, but against Watford every quick attack was massively slowed down by Clyne standing waiting for the ball instead of overlapping down the right. He was POOR yesterday really poor and for me a massive under achiever since he joined.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:43 pm

Ahem
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm

This guy is like a knife and fork. We use them everyday without complaint because the design is perfect for use.
Clyne isn't perfect but the fact he rarely gets spoken of shows what a great utensil he is.
One of the best LFC signings for many many years and may one day lead this club to glory as Captain.
   :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:41 pm

johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm wrote:This guy is like a knife and fork. We use them everyday without complaint because the design is perfect for use.
Clyne isn't perfect but the fact he rarely gets spoken of shows what a great utensil he is.
One of the best LFC signings for many many years and may one day lead this club to glory as Captain.

I really liked your post and your analogy, but not sure about club captain... surely Emre Can is the man  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:50 pm

C-R » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:41 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm wrote:This guy is like a knife and fork. We use them everyday without complaint because the design is perfect for use.

I really liked your post and your analogy, but not sure about club captain... surely Emre Can is the man  :nod

I did write 'MAY'   :D But all of a sudden our future doesn't look as bleak :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Last night he looked out of his depth because...he was. He is an average player who has been lucky not to be singled out by a good player with skill. Martial did just that and had him in knots for most of the game. He was clumsy, disorientated and useless and the penalty was embarrassing to watch. Hopefully a world class right back is in the pipeline.
Keep Clyne for back up
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Knee jerk that last post.

The lad has been a very good signing but just had a poor game last night, not helped by having zero protection in front of him the way we set up with a very fluid midfield.

Put the knives away.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion