NATHANIEL CLYNE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:27 pm

JC_81 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:20 pm wrote:Knee jerk that last post.

The lad has been a very good signing but just had a poor game last night, not helped by having zero protection in front of him the way we set up with a very fluid midfield.

Put the knives away.

Agree great player. Had one off which is acceptable.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Knee jerk my ar'se. Ive been watching him since he started and he was exposed last night. You may accept mediocrity but I want the best players in order to progress.
No knives out, just plain honesty
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby aCe' » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:23 pm

He's been decent so far. He's still not comfortable enough at the club to express himself the way he used to at Southampton but if he can follow in the footsteps of Lallana and Lovren (Rodgers would be proud ? Too early ?) he'll be at the club a long long time. Didnt have the best game against Utd but he'll recover; he's been above average all season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Lets hope he does recover and quick. His ring must still be stinging at the raping he got last night?
:shifty
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:28 am

Well to be fair to Clyne Martial is a tricky customer who turned Skrtel inside out back in September so he's not exactly alone in struggling against him. That was Clyne's first real stinker of a performance for us as well which is some going considering we are 8 months into a 9 month season. Infact if all our players were as consistent as Clyne we'd be champions now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:47 am

Agree he had a s**t game but overall has been decent for us all season.

If he is half player we paid for he will use that as extra motivation to pick himself up and finish off the season on a high.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 am

johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 am wrote:This guy is like a knife and fork. We use them everyday without complaint because the design is perfect for use.
Clyne isn't perfect but the fact he rarely gets spoken of shows what a great utensil he is.
One of the best LFC signings for many many years and may one day lead this club to glory as Captain.
   :buttrock

I remember a lot of people asking exactly what does Didi Hamman actually do. The same applies to a large extent with Lucas. Steve Davies to many people on a snooker table was a boring tw.at !! Basically these guys and Clyne is no exception make a very difficult job look easy and their talents are very easily overlooked. The fact that it has taken Clyne so long to have a poor game (especially the way we have played at times this season) says an awful lot. Suarez does to defenders what Martial did to Clyne almost on a weekly basis. Does that suddenly make them terrible defenders? Lets keep it real ffs, there is a reason United paid a crazy amount of money for Martial and we have all seen the evidence of his brilliance this season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 am

johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 am wrote:This guy is like a knife and fork. We use them everyday without complaint because the design is perfect for use.
Clyne isn't perfect but the fact he rarely gets spoken of shows what a great utensil he is.
One of the best LFC signings for many many years and may one day lead this club to glory as Captain.

I remember a lot of people asking exactly what does Didi Hamman actually do. The same applies to a large extent with Lucas. Steve Davies to many people on a snooker table was a boring tw.at !! Basically these guys and Clyne is no exception make a very difficult job look easy and their talents are very easily overlooked. The fact that it has taken Clyne so long to have a poor game (especially the way we have played at times this season) says an awful lot. Suarez does to defenders what Martial did to Clyne almost on a weekly basis. Does that suddenly make them terrible defenders? Lets keep it real ffs, there is a reason United paid a crazy amount of money for Martial and we have all seen the evidence of his brilliance this season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:42 pm wrote:Knee jerk my ar'se. Ive been watching him since he started and he was exposed last night. You may accept mediocrity but I want the best players in order to progress.
No knives out, just plain honesty

Call your eye doctor mate..Super player.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Super??!!
Yeah right
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Coutinho was more at fault for that pen than Clyne FFS. Playing a blind suicide pass across your own box is daft. All Clyne did wrong was get rinsed by a quick tricky forward which can happen to any defender.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:20 pm

And that was the only thing he did wrong the whole game. I must have been watching a different match
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Eagle » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:50 pm

His worst game for us but he was up against a very good player. Everyone is allowed a bad game here and there. Defensively he has been excellent all season. Offensively he is pretty poor but that was the case at Southampton too.
Eagle

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:29 am

"Pretty poor" Thats more like it
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:44 pm

devaney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 am wrote:

:nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion