Aly Cissokho- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 pm

only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:48 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that he had another decent game yesterday, he was the best of our defenders and the stats back that up too, he made more tackles than any other member of our back 4 and had a 95% pass completion rate.

Did you watch his type of passes? sorry but passing backwards in my book doesn't give you any points..one could reach a 100% passing rate by returning the ball to the keeper all day long ,that isn't why he plays in LFC. I would rather he drop 70-80% but make them count.

I'm with you, nothing I have seen from him convinces me he deserves to be playing for LFC
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Credit where credit is due he has been better than his first few deplorable appearances for us.

In saying that he is still nowhere near the level we expect from our starting LB, OKish defender but provides nothing going forward.

In this day and age of football, that just isn't good enough.

Enrique isn't world class but is still a country mile better that Cissokho.

I will be shocked if we decide to make the loan a permanent deal........shocked  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 am

only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm wrote:Aly's performances have been consistently strong of late,and he thoroughly deserves the  credit (however scant it is) he is receiving ,another solid
performance and growing in confidence every game .

I'm sorry guys but i watched him closely all game ,he made ONE positive play the whole bloody game, the rest was just an insecure performance if i ever seen one ,all his passes were backwards or short side ways ,no attempt to run the line or do anything a top class professional would do..Remind you i was parading him even suggested he was better than Enrique ,but regret to say he has been nothing then a huge disappointment. So no he didn't have a Toure/Skrtel Moments but he really played a safe cowardly game ,and not for the first time.

What I seen was a decent defensive performance ,we all know he's poor offensively and I think its been mentioned once or twice.  ???
Other than that, I don't believe anyone ,and I do mean anyone,has advocated making his stay permanent,and to suggest such would be
leaving yourself open to ridicule..... We're not even damning him with faint praise we're simply acknowledging his part in the make up
of the victory.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 am wrote:
only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm wrote:Aly's performances have been consistently strong of late,and he thoroughly deserves the  credit (however scant it is) he is receiving ,another solid
performance and growing in confidence every game .

I'm sorry guys but i watched him closely all game ,he made ONE positive play the whole bloody game, the rest was just an insecure performance if i ever seen one ,all his passes were backwards or short side ways ,no attempt to run the line or do anything a top class professional would do..Remind you i was parading him even suggested he was better than Enrique ,but regret to say he has been nothing then a huge disappointment. So no he didn't have a Toure/Skrtel Moments but he really played a safe cowardly game ,and not for the first time.

What I seen was a decent defensive performance ,we all know he's poor offensively and I think its been mentioned once or twice.  ???
Other than that, I don't believe anyone ,and I do mean anyone,has advocated making his stay permanent,and to suggest such would be
leaving yourself open to ridicule..... We're not even damning him with faint praise we're simply acknowledging his part in the make up
of the victory.

For me, too put it simply, he's nowhere near good enough and until probably the last five games was embarrassingly bad.

The last five or six games, while still clearly being nowhere good enough, he hasn't particularly let anyone down and has done ok. Still wouldn't sign the lad in a million years, still think he's a poor premier league player but at least he's now not embarrassing himself anymore.

A few 6 and 7 perfornances without costly mistakes and we'll all take that I would say. If he continues in this vein till the end of the season I'm sure he'll get a pat on the back, a thanks for your help and be off on your way with no hard feelings. :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:20 am

anyone seen his attempt of a 30-40 yard pass against Arsenal on Sat? I think it was first 10 or 20 minutes of the game, it was utter failure  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 am

I think people are being overly harsh on him, as one of our ex-players pointed out (might have been Mark Wright but I'm not sure) on the right hand side Flannagan has Sterling in front of him who works and tracks back like f##k and offers a lot of protection, but ahead of Cissokho on the left hand side you have Sturridge and Suarez who are constantly interchanging position and not exactly worrying too much about what's happening behind them.
In the system we play the left hand side is quite exposed and I think he's not getting the praise he deserves for shoring up that side of the defence.
We have tonked the likes of Arsenal and Everton with him in the side so he can't be that much of a liability.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 am wrote:I think people are being overly harsh on him, as one of our ex-players pointed out (might have been Mark Wright but I'm not sure) on the right hand side Flannagan has Sterling in front of him who works and tracks back like f##k and offers a lot of protection, but ahead of Cissokho on the left hand side you have Sturridge and Suarez who are constantly interchanging position and not exactly worrying too much about what's happening behind them.
In the system we play the left hand side is quite exposed and I think he's not getting the praise he deserves for shoring up that side of the defence.
We have tonked the likes of Arsenal and Everton with him in the side so he can't be that much of a liability.

I think i "earned" the right to criticize him as i was one of the few which though he was a good signing and even suggested he was better the Enrique (sorry about that).
Forget Arsenal and Everton final result ,just look at Ali play and what he offers the team ,after many games the conclusion is that it's not good enough at all. His lack of a right foot is ridicules he is totally dependant on his left one and is very one dimensional going forward ,he has no ability to cut inside the field ,he lacks the confidence or ability to complete an impact pass ,and no passing backwards and sideways isn't an impact play ,he offers nothing really above championship or even lower quality football.

I suspect it has much to do with his mental state but we can't afford to keep him on the books.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Yakka - Overly harsh  :grinning:  lend me your specs mate because you're seeing a different player to me. He can put in a tackle and absolutely nothing else. He simply isn't Premiership level.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Taken from HITC Sport

"Left back Aly Cissokho has reiterated his desire to stay at Anfield. The Frenchman is on a season-long loan from La Liga side Valencia, and was originally signed to be cover for Jose Enrique. But when the Spaniard suffered an injury, Cissokho was thrust into the starting line-up, and would seemingly prefer to stay with Liverpool rather than head back to Spain.

“Valencia is a great club, but in Spain there are several economic problems. I have given my very best for Liverpool and we will see at the end of the season what both clubs will decide. If I have to leave Liverpool, I will leave. I am doing a nice job and that is the most important," said Cissokho"

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ethanr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 pm

Well that's nice of you Aly, but that's alright, we're good.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby killerp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 am

Seems like an eternity since Enrique last played. This Cissokho impostor needs to be sent back where he came from.
killerp

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 am

killerp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 am wrote:Seems like an eternity since Enrique last played. This Cissokho impostor needs to be sent back where he came from.

Bit racist that...

:D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 am

Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:06 am wrote:
killerp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 am wrote:Seems like an eternity since Enrique last played. This Cissokho impostor needs to be sent back where he came from.

Bit racist that...

:D

Don't see how Stu, just you trying to stir some *****.
killerp

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 pm

"wish these foreigners would all go back to where they came from"

"they took our jobs"

Was only a joke... may not have been a very good one... but it was an attempt. :down:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 pm wrote:"wish these foreigners would all go back to where they came from"

"they took our jobs"

Was only a joke... may not have been a very good one... but it was an attempt. :down:

Don't worry mate, you got me chuckle a bit :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion