Aly Cissokho- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Boocity » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:30 pm wrote:If people are coming into this thread to blame that performance on cissokho then they are just looking for a scapegoat.
That performance was down to our woeful midfield

He's still sh!t

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Agree with yakka. Cissokho is woeful but as much as I rate Rodgers he got it wrong today tactically. Collectively we were poor. Possibly worst performance this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Of course I did Damjan :laugh: , lasted 15 games then was shipped to Lyon.

AC Milan pulled the plug out of a deal because they knew he was out of his depth. I never wanted him in the first place too, he is erratic, always been
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:04 pm

metalhead » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:Of course I did Damjan :laugh: , lasted 15 games then was shipped to Lyon.

AC Milan pulled the plug out of a deal because they knew he was out of his depth. I never wanted him in the first place too, he is erratic, always been

read something a while back about that transfer to milan and the reason it fell through was because the medical team felt that he would have posture problems. apparently they came to this conclusion through an x-ray of his teeth  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:19 pm

which was f*cking b*llox mate, because a week later he signed for Lyon :laugh:

Milan used it as an excuse because the coach back then (Ancelotti?) was not sure if he was up to it or not
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:37 pm

thought as much, ancellotti trusted his gut feeling on him and was probably right in the end.  :nod
he's never good enough to be a regular in a top side  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:46 pm

I am amazed this guy is still at the club.  :angry:

Needs to be shipped back to Valencia as soon as we can find an able replacement for him.

Don't know why we are dawdling on getting a LB and DM, Dodgers needs to sort this s**t out NOW!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:32 am

He played better than Johnson though.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Defended well yesterday ,and deserves a mention for his interceptions and going toe to toe with that annoying jumped up little Diva Wilshere .
He could have written himself into Anfield folklore if he left a bit on Wilsheres arrogant little snoz ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:Defended well yesterday ,and deserves a mention for his interceptions and going toe to toe with that annoying jumped up little Diva Wilshere .
He could have written himself into Anfield folklore if he left a bit on Wilsheres arrogant little snoz ....

Yep, played well yesterday, crashed into Chamberlain I think to stop a crossing opportunity and I thought he's finally starting to fit in. Interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the season.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 pm

Jury's still out for me. He's a heck of an athlete and I like how he puts himself about and backs his team mates up when it's time to rumble. Always a good thing for the confidence of Couthino and such to know someone handys got their back. As he's got more confident and involved, his mental approach has been better. He looks a decent defender, but as for going forwards, my gran has better feet, and she's dead.

Do we have the option to buy him?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 pm

I enjoyed the way he squared up to Wiltshire. He's not somebody to mess with. Aly is the the opposite to Glen not so good going forward but effective in defence. The lad is improving and getting more familiar with the premiership. He's certainly not quite the disaster I originally thought he was.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:38 pm

Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's had only one decent game while in other games he hardly resembled a football player. He'll need to play a few more games like yesterday before we start thinking about buying.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:11 am

I'm not suggesting we buy. If we were to judge him now, I'd probs not. I was wondering the terms of the loan. I was never a fan of loaning in players for any other reason than red tape or dire emergencies. Moses might wear red, but he's a Chelsea boy at the end of the day. I'd have much rather end take a punt on Robinson and Ibe than these two. Sometimes being in a position wear you have to rely on young uns can produce amazing results.
I don't think the "experience" argument holds water. Aly and Vic might have better game experience, but that's cheap compared to the hungry academy player option. Just my two cents. I know little of the inner workings of it all.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:23 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:38 pm wrote:Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's had only one decent game while in other games he hardly resembled a football player. He'll need to play a few more games like yesterday before we start thinking about buying.

He's done well the past 3 or 4 games, he was one of the few players that did himself justice against Villa and West Brom.
He's not ever going to be a world beater but he's developing into a solid enough defender and he seems the type of lad that won't mind being a back up (getting cup games and the odd league game here and there)
I admire the way his performances have improved even though he had the entire fan base and even the echo on his back, don't underestimate how tough that is to do, that takes a hell of a lot of character.
I like the way he actually blocks crosses as well which our fullbacks have seemed adverse to doing for years now.
Wasn't he highly rated at one point in his career? Maybe there's a player in there yet. For £3m or £4m which is what Valencia are apparently asking I think he's a decent squad filler.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion