Aly Cissokho- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:46 am

He just looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He is slowly gaining confidence and improving as a result. The only thing that makes me criticize a Liverpool player is a lack of effort, that is why I never criticized and in fact defended players like Lucas, Kuyt, Henderson, Crouch when he first came and Cissokho. Too many so called fans are too quick to attack our own players because they are not "world class" but how many players truly are? Any one that makes it to this level is a good footballer! It is all about confidence. I wonder how well he might have played or quickly he might have adapted had he been given the full support of the greatest supporters in the world.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 am

Well said Kazza but even me with my glass nearly full I had a bit of a problem with Aly, like nearly everybody else, with Aly. However, credit where credit is due he is showing signs of being a decent defender. Not so hot going forward but I'm not sure we've seen the best of him yet.
Last edited by devaney on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:31 am

No no no no no, ok he had a decent game but for fooks sake he's not good enough :no  :no  :no , some of you sound like your eyeing up a right dog and after a few drinks thinking she's a stunner after all  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Boocity » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 am wrote:No no no no no, ok he had a decent game but for fooks sake he's not good enough :no  :no  :no , some of you sound like your eyeing up a right dog and after a few drinks thinking she's a stunner after all  :D

Yer probably right mate. Bit similar to Carroll scoring against Everton in the cup at Wembley. Reasons to be grateful but he's still got all the skill of a three legged one eyed donkey  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Cissokho has had one good game. One. I really don't know where the "he's been good in a few games now" is coming from. And, like kazza, I also always gave credit to players who worked hard even though they weren't "world class". Cissokho never worked hard. He was always either too far up the pitch and didn't bother to track back, or when he was defending he never even tried to block the crosses. He didn't even seem like he knew the basics ffs.

If he can play a few more games like against Arsenal then I might start thinking about making the transfer permanent, but until then, he's still a donkey who's had one good game.

devaney made a good comparison with Aly and Carroll.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:46 pm

He did ok against Arsenal, but let’s not kid ourselves over this guy, he’s a poor excuse for a footballer who can’t cross or even place a decent pass. What’s more, his positioning is among the worst I’ve  seen outside League 1.

He can tackle and that’s about it. Not much cop for a modern day full back I’m afraid. With Johnson back in training I’d drop Cissokho and play Flanno there instead. He’s twice the footballer Cissokho is and improving with every game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 pm

I am not for one minute saying that he is a fantastic player, I am just not comfortable when fans call him a poor excuse for a footballer or a donkey etc. I figure as long as he is a Liverpool player he deserves a certain amount of respect regardless of what I think of his abilities. I do feel that he has been improving lately as I feel it is due to more confidence but regardless he has done nothing to deserve some of the abuse he gets.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 pm

damjan193 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:22 pm wrote:Cissokho has had one good game. One. I really don't know where the "he's been good in a few games now" is coming from. And, like kazza, I also always gave credit to players who worked hard even though they weren't "world class". Cissokho never worked hard. He was always either too far up the pitch and didn't bother to track back, or when he was defending he never even tried to block the crosses. He didn't even seem like he knew the basics ffs.

If he can play a few more games like against Arsenal then I might start thinking about making the transfer permanent, but until then, he's still a donkey who's had one good game.

Rubbish, he was solid defensively in the derby game (you said yourself that it was probably his best game to date) and against West Brom he got up and down the line and into some dangerous positions, granted his crossing wasn't great but at least he wasn't a liability. His form has been steadily improving over weeks, that arsenal performance wasn't just out of the blue and anyone saying so isn't being objective.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:28 pm

damjan193 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm wrote:Cissokho has had one good game. One. I really don't know where the "he's been good in a few games now" is coming from. And, like kazza, I also always gave credit to players who worked hard even though they weren't "world class". Cissokho never worked hard. He was always either too far up the pitch and didn't bother to track back, or when he was defending he never even tried to block the crosses. He didn't even seem like he knew the basics ffs.

He has produced some ok performances recently and has looked like something that has resembled a player. To ignore the massive improvement is harsh.

He's had a couple of games where he hasn't let us down. However, he's nowhere near good enough and I do tend to agree, he's a donkey who is poor both on the ball and in one on one situations.

Having a full back with those particular weaknesses is like having a clown who can't juggle, rather pointless!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:04 pm

I think it's worth mentioning that he had another decent game yesterday, he was the best of our defenders and the stats back that up too, he made more tackles than any other member of our back 4 and had a 95% pass completion rate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that he had another decent game yesterday, he was the best of our defenders and the stats back that up too, he made more tackles than any other member of our back 4 and had a 95% pass completion rate.

Yeah I noticed as well. Still no where near the level and quality of Enrique but at least starting to perform.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:34 pm

He is starting to play with more confidence
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Aly's performances have been consistently strong of late,and he thoroughly deserves the  credit (however scant it is) he is receiving ,another solid
performance and growing in confidence every game .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm wrote:Aly's performances have been consistently strong of late,and he thoroughly deserves the  credit (however scant it is) he is receiving ,another solid
performance and growing in confidence every game .

I'm sorry guys but i watched him closely all game ,he made ONE positive play the whole bloody game, the rest was just an insecure performance if i ever seen one ,all his passes were backwards or short side ways ,no attempt to run the line or do anything a top class professional would do..Remind you i was parading him even suggested he was better than Enrique ,but regret to say he has been nothing then a huge disappointment. So no he didn't have a Toure/Skrtel Moments but he really played a safe cowardly game ,and not for the first time.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that he had another decent game yesterday, he was the best of our defenders and the stats back that up too, he made more tackles than any other member of our back 4 and had a 95% pass completion rate.

Did you watch his type of passes? sorry but passing backwards in my book doesn't give you any points..one could reach a 100% passing rate by returning the ball to the keeper all day long ,that isn't why he plays in LFC. I would rather he drop 70-80% but make them count.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion