Gerrard is going to madrid 37m. - He is not seeing eye to eye with rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:50 am

This is not the news we all want believe me i'm gutted but there is a very strong rumour talks are begining behind the scenes at the club that gerrard has stated that he wants to leave as he has already lost patience with rafa his tactics and some of his signings i/e garcia,nunez,pellegrino,josemi he feels the club are nowhere further forward since houllier left and emergency meetings were held after being knocked out of the fa cup between gerrard the manager and david moores,gerrard wants to leave now but the club want him to stay until the end of the season and get the most they can for him 37m from real madrid is being talked about,they have said they will not stand in his way but will try and get a massive fee for him and give it all and more for rafa to build his own team,this is one of the reasons behind the teams displays over the last week,i'm not joking there is alot happening behind the scenes at the club at the moment i will be gutted to see him go but we are in a very big hole at the minute,moores will follow stevie out and then hopefully money from someone will get pumped in so i guess its all change at the club in the summer.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 am

If true then good business and an opportunity to offload him to a foreign side as opposed to Chelsea ......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dosserboy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:56 am

I would settle for that, Stevie G has made his mind up I reckon and better to sell him to Real than Chelski.
dosserboy

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:02 am

37million would go a long way.  Juve forked off Zidane to Madrid after failing to win the title (although Zidane was probably their best player and would be 1 of the best in the world for a long time) and they used the money to build a title winning side the following season.

If gerrard wants out then just show us the money
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:03 am

37 million would be a very good fee, would be sad to see him go, but if he wants out then let's not ****** around and get the best possible fee form a club other than Chelsea.

Perhaps the cloud could have a silver lining, although we may lose an outstanding talent, with the money we could bring in 3 or 4 top class players and strengthen the team.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:07 am

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:08 am

It was bound to happen i was resigned to losing him in the summer even if Real madrid put in that offer we should sell him at the highest avaliable offer and not just because we don't want Chelsea having him.Once Chelsea know his avaliable these are the club who will come in imo Juve,Milan,Madrid,Barca,Chelski and scum but would he go to italy can't see it myself but i would rather he went to Barca than Real madrid :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:13 am

Yup. Any foreign clubs would be better than chelski. It is hard to reconcile with SG's leaving :down:  but it could be for the better.

37mil sounds useful. pounds or euros?  :p
lfclfclfc

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:14 am

LFC #1 wrote:37 million would be a very good fee, would be sad to see him go, but if he wants out then let's not ****** around and get the best possible fee form a club other than Chelsea.

Perhaps the cloud could have a silver lining, although we may lose an outstanding talent, with the money we could bring in 3 or 4 top class players and strengthen the team.

Exactly! What is better having one sulking player on a team that is going to kill the passion and pride of our team, or have 3 or 4 class players to rejuvenate the squad and push us to the next level. I personally would love to keep gerrard and have a great team to build around him, but if we could turn into a team like barca. What can you do?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:14 am

Yeah real have screwed us over.... twice with our players.  But I would say sell him to whoever will pay the most (as long as they arent another english team)
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:16 am

I think, that deep down, we all knew he would leave and that it was just a question of who to and when. He is the life blood of Liverpool but it won't be the end for the club. During his injury spell, we didn't look good but we did quite well and maybe with around £40m to spend on five or six players, we will have a more complete squad.
Last season, when we had owen, we only had one option to attack, and that was simply "give it to Owen" and although Stevie is better at coping at it than Michael, it has started to become a crutch which in the long term could hurt the team.
It's definatley better that he goes to Madrid, than Chelski. a) it will ****** off the KGB b) he'll get better from playing with the best c) it can't hurt the England team if he is working with Owen, Beckham and Sicknote part 2.
It's time to wake up and smell the roses and remember that this sh*t may smell bad, but it will help us grow.
I say good luck to him, and may we rebuild and become stronger???
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 am

The Ace1983 wrote:It's time to wake up and smell the roses and remember that this sh*t may smell bad, but it will help us grow.

Class Quote  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 am

who cares about the england team?!
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:26 am

Starbridge42 wrote:who cares about the england team?!

Sven since day one he wanted Owen and Gerrard at any club but Liverpool i think it cus once he leaves england he want the Real madrid job his never hide his love for them.
Last edited by the great one on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:30 am

The Ace1983 wrote:It's time to wake up and smell the roses and remember that this sh*t may smell bad, but it will help us grow.

Thats so good i'm nicking it for my signature  :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion