Gerrard is going to madrid 37m. - He is not seeing eye to eye with rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:31 am

I'm glad you liked it
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:39 am

the great one wrote:
Starbridge42 wrote:who cares about the england team?!

Sven since day one he wanted Owen and Gerrard at any club but Liverpool i think it cus once he leaves england he want the Real madrid job his never hide his love for them.

i have never liked sven
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:42 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:i have never liked sven

Sums up the FA that they are telling Wenger and Ferguson to act properley and decently  whilst Sven climbs off the press officer at the  FA  ???

Sums up England FA by name and FA bu nature  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:47 am

neither - hes been too vocal on players clubs for a national manager imo
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:28 am

****** him, he's not our best player, never has been and never will be.

Overated waster who has all the talent in the world but is to big headed to let other people channel it into the right areas.

His last two league performances have been nothing short of sickening, i could have done better myself and his games against the Mancs and the Bitters this season have also been a joke.

If your heart isn't in it go and bum Lampard, Alonso will show you how to play football.
115-1073096938

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:33 am

I think he worth 50m. But we need a backup plan if SG really going to RM.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:39 am

??? hes gave us 262 league appearances and 35 goals,hes had 2 below par performances lately,and thats all you can say about him? Alonso is Not Europes most wanted player ,lets see how good he is after 100 appearances-if hes still here by then.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:45 am

stevie g was our best player last season period.  But if we get just under£40million (or even more) then we should let him go
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:49 am

Dalglish wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:It's time to wake up and smell the roses and remember that this sh*t may smell bad, but it will help us grow.

Thats so good i'm nicking it for my signature  :laugh:

I'm sorry but I'm using it as well. It's ****** true but ****** hillarious.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:52 am

Mikz wrote: ??? hes gave us 262 league appearances and 35 goals,hes had 2 below par performances lately,and thats all you can say about him? Alonso is Not Europes most wanted player ,lets see how good he is after 100 appearances-if hes still here by then.

Face it, Gerrard is waiting for a reason to go. He couldn't go this summer because we got a new manager so he wanted to wait what would happen, he was optimistic and thought that we would be flying on cloud nine but he forgot that things won't happen over night.

The fact is that he will leave this summer. It's like the Owen saga all over again, his heart is not at LFC anymore its somewhere else on another planet.

Remember Rooney at Everton? Everton are still sh1t but with Rooney they were below sh1t, without him they play better as a team. Without Owen we don't depend on him to score goals, now when Gerrard goes we won't depend on Gerrard to save the day for us.

37 million is good business, enough to rebuild our squad with effecient,class players.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:19 am

Its not as simple as that. With the money we get for Gerrard-if he does go (hope he wont) must be spent wisely.  Too much money given to managers for this club hasnt been. Dont get me wrong,I think Rafa is doing a good job so far,but I wouldnt be 100% confident with his dealings in the market.I also think Gerrard attracts other top players to this club,and we would be losing out there also. Yeah people say we replaced Keegan with Dalglish,but the record since then has been abysmal. SO MANY times Stevie G took this team by the scruff and carried us, heart on his sleeve etc and its that I dread losing more than anything.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:25 am

Mikz wrote:Its not as simple as that. With the money we get for Gerrard-if he does go (hope he wont) must be spent wisely.  Too much money given to managers for this club hasnt been. Dont get me wrong,I think Rafa is doing a good job so far,but I wouldnt be 100% confident with his dealings in the market.I also think Gerrard attracts other top players to this club,and we would be losing out there also. Yeah people say we replaced Keegan with Dalglish,but the record since then has been abysmal. SO MANY times Stevie G took this team by the scruff and carried us, heart on his sleeve etc and its that I dread losing more than anything.

Ask yourself this. Did Gerrard take the team by the scruff to make himself feel better or for the love of the club? Look at this way, in every big game this season he has played poorely. Even against Olympiakos he was quite poor considering how good a player he is. He even made a rash challenge that now has him suspended for the next CL fixture yet he wants to play in Europe.

How can you say that Rafa won't spend it wisely? He knows that we need world class players. He can only spend a limited amount right now because we lack the funds. He can't go out there and buy a player whose worth 15 million.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:34 am

How do you think it makes the rest of the squad feel when they wake up in the morning pick up the paper and read that Gerrard saved the day for Liverpool? As a Captain Gerrard should try to get his team mates involved in the game, not try to win the game himself and be the hero because thats not playing as a team.

He's the captain of the squad, as the leader of the troops you got to get your team involved. You can't always win the game yourself. It overshadows the players who work hard such as Jamie Carragher,Milan Baros and Didi Hamann[on his good day].

It's all about team effort and it doesn't help when you see the media saying that Gerrard is the one saving us in every game. When were without Gerrad other players stepped up and nobody recognized that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:39 am

Out of Gerrards 260 appearances-and the bad games he has played this season..are you gonna tell me thats a bad ratio? Get real -hes not one we want to lose! Hes been our best player this last 3 seasons -the player polls show that.
And yes I do doubt Rafas ability to spend it wisely-can you say for sure ????? I dont think you can. We can just wait and see. How many top stars have came here and flopped like your ..well just flopped  :D I really do hope he does get it right if this happens -hes a good man !
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:46 am

Mikz wrote:Out of Gerrards 260 appearances-and the bad games he has played this season..are you gonna tell me thats a bad ratio? Get real -hes not one we want to lose! Hes been our best player this last 3 seasons -the player polls show that.
And yes I do doubt Rafas ability to spend it wisely-can you say for sure ????? I dont think you can. We can just wait and see. How many top stars have came here and flopped like your ..well just flopped  :D I really do hope he does get it right if this happens -hes a good man !

You are completely misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I don't like the fact that when I read something about LFC that it's mostly about Steven Gerrard. He's a good footballer but nobody and I mean nobody is bigger than the club. The media has made us look like Gerrard FC and thats the last thing we as fans would want.

In big games Gerrard disapears, thats when we need him the most. Against Soton he ignored his team-mates and tried to win the game on his own. You can't f#cking do that. It lowers the confidence of the team as a whole.

You win as a team and you lose as a team. We've been losing as individuals because we can't play as a team. When Owen was here our game plan was always surrounded by Michael Owen. Kick the ball to Owen and hope that he scores.

No you got to play as a team. Football consists of 11 players, not one. What p1sses me off about Gerrard is when he should get his team-mates involved in the game by passing the ball, he ignores them and blazes the ball over the goal. He's not going to score from 30 yards out like he did Olympiakos, its not going to happen every time he takes a shot from that distance. As a captain he needs to control his troops and thats why I think Carragher would be a better captain.

Gerrard has been great for us but he's not perfect and he has his flaws. His comments before and after the game against Olympiakos are one of them.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion