Rafa to madrid ? - On your bike galacticos....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:58 am

real madrid galacticos wrote:yes he is going to madrid yaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeba!!!~

Liverpool is so terrible team that a great coach like rafaeal benitez cant do anything to make u a good team.Liverpool is :censored: FULL STOP .

You

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:24 pm

You can trust me - Benitez Mar 10 2006

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ has appealed for Liverpool fans to trust his integrity as the club prepares for further speculation surrounding their manager's future.

Inter Milan will make an official approach for Benitez this summer, while Real Madrid are also hopeful of luring their former player to the Bernabeu.

Although the Anfield boss has made clear his intention to remain on Merseyside, he's stopped short of making any guarantees until the direction of the club becomes clearer.

The next two months will be crucial, but Benitez believes the supporters understand the situation.

"As a manager, you have a responsibility and you can't say a lot of things because you need to think about the interests of the club, the supporters and the play-ers," said Benitez..

"At the same time, you can never lie. I will never lie to the supporters or my players. If I can't say the truth, my idea is always it's better to not say anything at all.

"In this case, I have a lot of confidence in the future. We are a better team now than last season and now we must continue to keep progressing. I can not say the improvements we have made are enough, because we need to do more, but I have said many times before we have made good signings already for next season with Gonzalez and Paletta. We're always looking to improve even more.

The most positive thing for me this week was the reaction of our supporters after the Benfica game. They were the winners. When you're losing at home it's difficult, but for them to sing my name and applaud the other team is amazing. "You don't see this in many stadiums. It's important to me to know I have the support of the people."

Liverpool head to Highbury on Sunday with Benitez feeling a draw could be enough to secure Champions League qualification next season.

Arsenal still trail the Reds by 11 points and Benitez wants a top four place guaranteed as soon as possible.

"Now we have two targets," he said."To finish second and to beat Birmingham and go on to win the FA Cup. That's the challenge for us now.

"Beating Arsenal would also be very important. We're eleven points ahead, so if we protect this difference or extend it, we should secure a top four place. It would be very difficult for the teams in fifth to catch us."

Sami Hyypia will test his hamstring before deciding if he can travel. John Arne Riise is still out.

------------------------------------------------------------
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:25 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
real madrid galacticos wrote:yes he is going to madrid yaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeba!!!~

Liverpool is so terrible team that a great coach like rafaeal benitez cant do anything to make u a good team.Liverpool is :censored: FULL STOP .

You

:laugh:  :D  :laugh: p.iss off Lando didnt see that there  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:49 pm

The names that are being mentioned with more strength in Madrid are Capello and Del Bosque. We have some Madrid fans around here, they could confirm that...
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby winboy72 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:53 pm

he need more money for more players he is a good manager
winboy72

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:56 pm

Sabre wrote:The names that are being mentioned with more strength in Madrid are Capello and Del Bosque. We have some Madrid fans around here, they could confirm that...

Still worried though Sabre because on tuesday he said he plans to see out his contract that he still has three years left now he is saying he cant make guarentees that it more or less depends on the board and the financial backing.
I also do not like the fact that Fowler, Alonso and Gerrard have spoken over Rafa's future and hope the board back him.
This goes more further than a load of press speculation.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovesg » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:12 pm

well thankfully Souness is jobless, there is still hope :D
lovesg

Postby Effes » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:21 pm

I'm not too worried yet.

I think ( more hoping) that he's playing the game with the club.
If he said that he would be going nowhere and was not interested in going to Real then I think it would affect the funds given to him in the Summer.
If he puts pressure on the club it could result in the club having to stretch a bit more for funds.

Also, Real change their manager that often that I think that Rafa knows it's not a "now or never" choice. He'll have more chances to go to them which unfortunately means that this recent rumour wont be the last.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:31 pm

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has revealed manager Rafael Benitez plans to stay at Anfield for 10 years.

Benitez has been linked with Real Madrid and Inter Milan, but the Spaniard told Gerrard his long-term plans when the England midfielder was considering a move to Chelsea.

“When all the speculation was happening about me, Rafa told me he wanted to be here at Liverpool for 10 years,” Gerrard told the Sunday Express.

“So if that’s the case he should not be going anywhere.”
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:35 am

And now for something completely different

Yet another first official target of Real Madrid. I did tell you not to take too seriously their interest in Rafa, didn't I? That club is always the same.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:44 pm

NEver, never, no no," i don't beleive it."

Shut up please this is pure media pants

Although if the LFC board are reading some cash would be most appreciated:::p :p
Flashard

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:56 pm

Sabre wrote:The names that are being mentioned with more strength in Madrid are Capello and Del Bosque. We have some Madrid fans around here, they could confirm that...

Would Del Bosque go back there after the sacked him? (even though he won trophies)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Yes provided that Florentino wasn't there. This is Vicente Del Bosque's own words.

Anyway this coach for me is an overrated one, he won a title with very good players at their peak, but I don't think he would bring Real Sociedad back to UEFA positions in a couple of years, Rafa, would do that.

His football book is obsolete, his secret in Madrid was that he permitted everything to the Raul clan, this clan was grateful with him for that, and they responded. But he'd be completely incompetent to recover Madrid from the mess it is now.

What I mean is that Bigmick himself would have won that title for Madrid if he was there, and perhaps a couple of titles more. I think it's a Mourinho case. We'll see true Mourinhos capabilities when he's in a normal club, so far he has been lucky.

In the last game in Barcelona, apart from hearing "go to the theater" song from the crowd, he had to hear "Shut up yoy shitty translator".

Indeed that was his beginning in Barcelona. He was Van Gaal's second man and he was his (shitty) translator, his skill in his Spanish, is like mine on portuguese more or less, and he provoked more than one misunderstanding with that very unsuccessful Barcelona Van gal era.

But Barcelona has name, and that permitted to go back to his country to train Oporto, who accidentaly had a great bunch of players in that generation. With his conservative book, and weak form of main European teams, he won a CL that gave him the ticket to Chelshít.

And there he has a lot of money to waste. I think that Bigmick himself would make chelshít champion with that amount of money.

Now, the bubble is about to burst, and we're going to watch the fall of yet another overrated lucky bastárd coach.

Vicente del Bosque is a good man though, he has that charisma and he'd never blame his players, that must be admitted, but what Madrid needs is a hand of iron, a strong man. J.B. Toshack would be a good coach to rebuild Madrid for instance, with all his mistakes.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is to sign a one-year contract extension, according to the Spanish press.

The newspaper Marca claims that the Reds hierarchy have moved to quell speculation linking the former Valencia boss with the vacant hotseat at Real Madrid.

The new deal will keep Benitez at Anfield until the summer of 2010.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm

Just heard he's signed a contract extension.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion