Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 24th April, KO: 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:42 pm

Embarrassing
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:43 pm

End of an era folks, we lost it at old Trafford though. Performance was dire no leadership no passion. Bitter ending to the season, only carabao to show.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:02 pm

Bradley was a positive this season. Owen Beck seemingly doing great stuff on loan. And even Carvalho. I'm not sure about Clark, McConnell, or if a new manager will have any knowledge of or appetite to give them an opportunity in the off season.
I do think we need open hear surgery at the back - I've never considered VVD a captain who's vocal enough and for me, he's checked out in his head. Konate is poor and always injured. Matip is finished. So there's a lot of money to be spent there. I forget the name of the kid out on loan with Mainz but wasn't convinced when I saw him play anyway. Or Koumetio, not good enough.
In midfield, Endo hasn't the legs for a season at this level. Thiago, good riddance. Maybe Morton will have an opportunity, all depends if a new manager is ar$ed looking at him.
Up front, sell Salah for what we can get . Sell Nunez to a team in Portugal if anyone will take him. He'll get goals there, even I would! Diaz to me is sniffing for a move a la Coutinho. Again, if that's what he wants, show me the money ..
So much work to be done, so much money needed...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEs6OdOZrQc

Captain questioning if the players are really giving everything and do they really want the league. I don't get why there is lack of effort from the lads, have they lost all motivation since our loss of points against United?  Something just seems off, I don't know if its behind the scenes or what.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 am

Nunez went to look in the mirror but missed
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 am

Just an awful performance.

All I would say is best of luck to the new manager because this lot quite frankly are just not good enough. We knew at the end of last season that major surgery was required and Klopp has done a remarkable job achieving what he has with this team. To say we are a country mile behind Manchester City and Arsenal would be a total understatement. We have been stuttering all season. There is a reason why we have had to come back from losing positions on numerous occasions. We have got ourselves into a mess time and time again, simply because we make too many mistakes and at some stage those mistakes were going to come back and bite us, and that is exactly what has happened over the last few weeks. True grit and determination are what has got us into the position that we were three weeks ago and not brilliant football.

Very sad to watch the demise of the team.

Thanks for the memories Juergen. It’s been a wild ride and if it hadn’t been for a certain team who currently face 115 charges of financial impropriety you would have won a lot more. Not winning the league title with a points haul of 92 summed up exactly what you were up against. Good luck with everything you do in the future. You will be missed in The Freshie !!
Last edited by devaney on Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 am

This is the end of the 2019 dream team, from manager downwards.
My only concern is that like Man United, Klopp is leaving as Ferguson did leaving no successor, destroying the backroom continuity and leaving a squad that needs major surgery.
It's been fun Jurgen but jeez the club has to act decisively to provide a team capable of winning next season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm

What happened to klopp 2.0 or Reloaded  :laugh:

Look we just don't have the players to be winning leagues ahead of city or arsenal who are both much better than us. Ali is the only world class player we have and the rest get the rose tint. We have just too many who are out of their depth.

Klopp got us challenging them with very little money and small squads but now he's going what will change. The next fella will still be restricted when it comes to budgets and squad size so if he's isn't a strong character like Jurgen then we are in even more trouble.

Is a new manager really going to turn around some of those players ? Being honest I'll say no. Nunez is as bad as I have ever seen and has zero composure, Diaz is brain dead and runs into corner flags, The only comparison with Elliot and Messi is height, Jones is still a great talent as well isn't he. We have enough problems with other players not performing but this lot stink the place out. We will keep them because of a heap of other excuses other than what is best for the team.

I'm already dreading next year tbh.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm wrote:What happened to klopp 2.0 or Reloaded  :laugh:

Look we just don't have the players to be winning leagues ahead of city or arsenal who are both much better than us. Ali is the only world class player we have and the rest get the rose tint. We have just too many who are out of their depth.

Klopp got us challenging them with very little money and small squads but now he's going what will change. The next fella will still be restricted when it comes to budgets and squad size so if he's isn't a strong character like Jurgen then we are in even more trouble.

Is a new manager really going to turn around some of those players ? Being honest I'll say no. Nunez is as bad as I have ever seen and has zero composure, Diaz is brain dead and runs into corner flags, The only comparison with Elliot and Messi is height, Jones is still a great talent as well isn't he. We have enough problems with other players not performing but this lot stink the place out. We will keep them because of a heap of other excuses other than what is best for the team.

I'm already dreading next year tbh.

I hear what you're saying.
I don't understand why we are so far behind Arsenal, tbh. They don't have the trillions, sovereign state backing that City do, yet we are miles behind them on a football level.
City is a different story.
In terms of next season, I've been watching and following the results of the underage teams and based on results and match reports, it doesn't look like there's anyone who jumps out that you could take a punt on.
There's Owen Beck who seems to have had a great season. And Carvalho. Tyler Morton. Can't think of anyone else outside of these with real experience, like Bradley last year, who might step up. A couple of others who are playing regularly but none you might say could be considered an option.
Our major issues are at the back and up front. There's no sight of a a Fowler or Owen you might think will bag a hatful of goals. Danns, I'm not sure of. But it can't be just him.
Doak gets injured too easily. Bajcetic injured the whole season.
My point here is, if we don't have trillions to spend on a major overhaul, I'm fearful of relying on the academy
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 pm

I think the players did amazingly well to keep us in contention for as long as they did. 8 months in to a 9 month season we weren’t just matching City and Arsenal we were leading them. Armed with a mid table budget we went toe to toe with teams who spend £100m on a single player. We‘ve got a lot of good players but very few what I’d call Gerrard/De Bruyne style difference makers. IMO that has been the reason we have finished runners up and lost so many finals in the Klopp era.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 pm

Arsenal are at the beginning of their journey, half the Liverpool team played in Madrid 5 years ago.  Different optics, they're energised going for it for the first time whereas we're clinking onto a 4-5-6 year dominant position.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm

Reg » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm wrote:Arsenal are at the beginning of their journey, half the Liverpool team played in Madrid 5 years ago.  Different optics, they're energised going for it for the first time whereas we're clinking onto a 4-5-6 year dominant position.

Luckily for Arsenal they are at the beginning but I feel City are at the end, especially if they get sanctioned. They will not have to deal with the City that we had to deal with and the points deductions may well put a check on the crazy spending if another state run team comes along. Chelsea and City  both won during the “Wild West” of the PL, my guess is that things will tighten up for a while… on the big assumption that the PL is not corrupt.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm

I used to think all the talk about corruption was utterly ridiculous but after some of the VAR decisions this season you can’t help but wonder.
I don’t so much blame refs, they see an incident once at full speed and could have players between themselves and the ball etc so it’s tough to be too critical of them but VAR officials are a different kettle of fish.
We’ve been on the end of a lot of these terrible calls, we ended up getting an apology for Odergaards handball at Anfield but the 2 big shockers were Diaz’s goal at Tottenham and Doku’s challenge on MacAllister. Those calls by the VAR officials were so plainly and obviously wrong it is hard to believe that they were just down to rank incompetence and nothing nefarious went on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 am

Those wrong decisions var make can only be described as corrupt. The prem is full of businessmen with no love for football and will do whatever it takes to keep that league at the top. The changes to the fa cup next year to accommodate the clubs in Europe is wrong. Killing the replays is a big blow to the lower league sides which again proves they couldn't care less about anything.

They announced in the last day or so that City's case would be held this year but didn't give a date. The decision probably won't come until 2025 either and if its not in city's favour they will take it to the court of arbitration for sport which will delay it again. The premier league are the ones making the accusations so should be done by their rules and disciplinary panel. The fact an independent commission was appointed should tell you all you need to know. The result will be misinterpretation of the rules and they will have to pay fines with no admission of guilt. The prem will accept it as well or some other form of shyte they come up with.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games