Golf

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Anyone else here play much golf ?

Im currently playing off 11 and hoping to get down to single figures this year

The First Major is coming soon The Masters and cant wait .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Love Golf, play off... a little more than you, but a great game. I need to relax tho as can lose my temper, i am happy gilmore lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:10 pm

:laugh:

yeah that doesnt help mate - it is quite funny sometimes when i see people loosing it then hit a shocker of a shot and then loosing it even more without them realising if they calmed down and relaxed they would play a fair bit better.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 pm

i like a round or 2 but i have not been out for a little while i play off a little more than you aswell

i use to get upset and play even worse if i shanked a couple of shots but learned to keep myself cool and it all came good i always use to get stuffed by a mate of mine once he had a few shots lead on me but once i learned to cool it i started to give him a run for his money and have beat him a few times

i think with the nice weather we are having at the moment i will speak nicely to the misses and see if i can't get a round in soon
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 pm

the wether lately has been great and the course im a member of has been playing superb added to a fact a new set of irons and driver my golf is getting very good . we got a  celebrity pro am coming up soon and me and my mate have been paired with Graham Poll and a pro from woburn so looking forward to grilling Poll :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:27 pm

GYBS wrote:the wether lately has been great and the course im a member of has been playing superb added to a fact a new set of irons and driver my golf is getting very good . we got a  celebrity pro am coming up soon and me and my mate have been paired with Graham Poll and a pro from woburn so looking forward to grilling Poll :D

do a bellamy to his legs  :D

only joking but give him some sh*t  :nod
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Well on friday night he is guest speaker at a gentlemans evening so am expecting he will get a grilling there as well but playing a round of golf with him will give me and my (who is also a liverpool fan ) plenty chance to grill him and to take the pi ss about the three yellow cards :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:25 pm

never really played myself, but like watch it.

had a mate  who should have turned pro. He played off 1 when he was 15/16, played for area etc and beat alot of (now) pro golfers like Ian Poulter and Oliver Wilson. he just didnt have the mental ability to go on and push himself into the pro game. sad really
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 pm

I tried golf about a year ago, got lessons and all, then played my first round and was terrible, missing the ball and everything,things I did okay from the driving range (off grass too, not tee).

I then quit so now I call it a poofters game :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm

:laugh:

Redman my golf club is where Poulter used to play before he went to woburn .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 pm

I was a pro back in the mid nineties, moderate success in local (New Jersey/New York area) events, never much beyond that other than a stint on the Space Coast tour (Florida mini-tour).  In '97 I was playing at an event at TPC at Sawgrass (not The Player's Championship) and on the 16th hole my tee shot went a bit right just onto some pine needles.  I was three shots off the lead and had to try to hit the green with my second, 240 yards off of pine needles.  I hit a two iron and the contact was pure, but what I hadn't seen was a root about four inches in front of my ball burried by pine needles.  The result was the club stopping and all of the force of the swing going into my left wrist.  I ended up with a compound fracture (bone through skin) on my left wrist, did some nerve damage and basically ended my fledgling competitive playing career.  The ball did make the green, although I never took the Eagle attempt.

It took a bit more than three years for my wrist to become totally healed.  By then I'd gotten married, had a child, so I couldn't just through caution to the wind and attempt another go at a playing career.  I've retained my amateur status and play in a few tournaments a year.  I'm still in the golf business, as a caddiemaster at a very exclusive club so I've no complaints.  I will say that I actually enjoy playing more now than I did then.  Now it's just for the joy of playing the game as opposed to trying to make a living doing it.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Really sorry to hear about what happened mate but glad your back playing an denjoying it
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Does mini golf count? :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am

US Open started yesterday and Tiger is back, didnt last long though with the weather and it was called off, i have a feeling that Sergio will at last win a major at this one
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 am

Sergio has a great chance as he plays well in sh.it weather , this years field is wide open . I reckon an unknown will win it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum