:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:24 am

Tiger -4 after the first 18

Not looking good for the rest already!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:40 am

Watched the highlights and it does look ominous for the rest of the field.
For him to come back and produce his best ever opening round in a major just underlines how far ahead of everyone else he really is.
Well done to Poulter and Westwood though who are handily placed.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Dundalk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Tiger falling away now but its still tight at the top, anyone of about 5 or 6 players could still win this
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Westwood is a fat toff... did u see him waddle after the ball yesterday? lo

come on Mickelson
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:come on Mickelson

:buttrock
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Ken on the course is a pain in the nads.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Ryder Cup next week...

Cant wait!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:Ryder Cup next week...

Cant wait!

F'uckin' right dude!

And guess what I've go on? Not one, but two christenings one on Sat, one on Sun - both close rels so I can't bail. FFS!! What's that all about?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:36 pm

The Good Yank wrote:I was a pro back in the mid nineties, moderate success in local (New Jersey/New York area) events, never much beyond that other than a stint on the Space Coast tour (Florida mini-tour).  In '97 I was playing at an event at TPC at Sawgrass (not The Player's Championship) and on the 16th hole my tee shot went a bit right just onto some pine needles.  I was three shots off the lead and had to try to hit the green with my second, 240 yards off of pine needles.  I hit a two iron and the contact was pure, but what I hadn't seen was a root about four inches in front of my ball burried by pine needles.  The result was the club stopping and all of the force of the swing going into my left wrist.  I ended up with a compound fracture (bone through skin) on my left wrist, did some nerve damage and basically ended my fledgling competitive playing career.  The ball did make the green, although I never took the Eagle attempt.

It took a bit more than three years for my wrist to become totally healed.  By then I'd gotten married, had a child, so I couldn't just through caution to the wind and attempt another go at a playing career.  I've retained my amateur status and play in a few tournaments a year.  I'm still in the golf business, as a caddiemaster at a very exclusive club so I've no complaints.  I will say that I actually enjoy playing more now than I did then.  Now it's just for the joy of playing the game as opposed to trying to make a living doing it.

That's a crazy story TGY. Hadn't read that before.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Redman in wales wrote:never really pi'ssed myself, but like watch others.

:upside:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Judge wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:never really pi'ssed myself, but like watch others.

:upside:

:D  :laugh:  :laugh:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 am

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Thur, 30 Sept

08:00 - 15:00 Team Practice Rounds
15:30 - 16:15 approx. Opening Ceremony

Fri, 1 Oct

07:45 - AM Fourballs start. Teetimes 07:45, 08:00, 08:15, 08:30
13:15 - PM Foursomes start. Teetimes 13:15, 13:30, 13:45, 14:00

Sat, 2 Oct

07:45 - AM Fourballs start. Teetimes 07:45, 08:00, 08:15, 08:30
13:15 - PM Foursomes start. Teetimes 13:15, 13:30, 13:45, 14:00

Sun, 3 Oct

11:30 - Singles Matches start. Teetimes 11:30, 11:42, 11:54, 12:06, 12:18, 12:30 12:42, 12:54, 13:06, 13:18, 13:30, 13:42

17:30 - 18:00 approx. Closing Ceremony

The European Team

Captain: Colin Montgomerie
Vice Captains: Thomas Bjorn, Darren Clarke, Paul McGinley, Sergio Garcia
Token native / buggy driver / Monty's bodyguard Rhys Davies

Lee Westwood

Previous Ryder Cups: 6       Win percentage: 50%
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 3
Recent form: Been injured since July and has not played competitively since early August. Says he is now fully recovered but has only been practicing fully for about 10 days. 2nd in the Open in July, a long way back, and won in the US this year.

Now the grizzled veteran of the team, Lee's injury has been the biggest worry for Monty over the last 3 months, not his picks. Back in June he would have been expecting to come into the event as Europe's undisputed figurehead, only for two of the younger generation to nab majors in the meantime. Will be a valuable partner for the rookies experience wise, but the Ryder Cup is all about chipping and putting, not Lee's strong suits.

Rory McIlroy

Previous Ryder Cups: 0       Win percentage: n/a
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 8
Recent form: Mediocre Sept by his standards, reckons he overplayed. Tremendous performance at the PGA championship, and should really have challenged more at the Open, where he was a distant 3rd.

If only all the rookies were of Rory's calibre. Fired up and gung ho as only the young can be, will need to hole a few short putts to keep his partners and skipper happy.

Graeme McDowell

Previous Ryder Cups: 1       Win percentage: 50%
Major wins: 1                World ranking: 13
Recent form: Quiet on the golf course since winning the US Open at Pebble Beach in June. 3rd last time out in Austria in a weakish field.

McDowell has a good debut last time, and won the Wales Open on this course in June, so he will be confident of performing well. Could do with keeping the trap shut a bit more though.

Ian Poulter
Previous Ryder Cups: 2       Win percentage: 71%
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 14
Recent form: Since winning the world championship matchplay thing in spring, his form has been little short of shocking, with a slight revival in the play-offs this month. Tying for 10th at the Masters was his only top 10, and when he has made cuts he has often finished last or close to it.

Was the star of the show for the Europeans last time. Seems unlikely to repeat that though, unless his game recovers dramatically. Might struggle to get more than 2 games.

Martin Kaymer
Previous Ryder Cups: 0       Win percentage: NA
Major wins: 1                World ranking: 5
Recent form:Arguably the hottest player in the world - won at the PGA in August, then won again at his only subsequent outing, in the Dutch Open.

My prediction to be the star of the show. Seems unflappable, very strong game, and in great form. Fully deserving of becoming the second German Ryder Cup player after  Bernhard Langer.

Ross Fisher
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 27
Recent form: :censored: and brilliant (see below)

Ross Fisher went through some kind of quantum physics alternative universe event during the Open last year, when he led briefly on the last day only to blow up immediately. Since then there have been two Ross Fishers playing on the world golf tour. One can barely make a cut, the other plays a bit like the original version and won the Irish Open last month. Not sure which one Monty measured up for a suit.

Francesco Molinari

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 33
Recent form: Very solid if unspectacular - 8 top 10s this year including the Players and his last two events this month, but missed cuts in a couple of majors.

Without a win in over two years, but has performed well on big stages.

Miguel Angel Jimenez

Previous Ryder Cups: 3       Win percentage: 17%  : picard :
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 26
Recent form: Good - the fight to get into the team has brought the best out of the most Irish looking Spaniard you will ever see. 2 wins since June and a 7th and a 3rd when he needed it to make the team.

Has given up booze and cigars for the week, such is his determination to end his Ryder Cup career with a win. No he hasn't - you didn't really believe that did you?

Peter Hanson

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 42
Recent form: Down with the flu

Big wins in the Czech Open and in Mallorca and a lot of steady performances have earned Peter his place in the team. He has the lowest ranking of the European players (42nd). Occasionally does well in the majors without ever threatening to win.

Edoardo Molinari

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 16
Recent form: Stellar. Forced his way into Monty's picks with three birdies in his last three holes to win at Gleneagles. 2nd last time out.

An amazing rise to the top for this former US Amateur champ. Last year he was not even eligible for the European tour and was battling it out in places like Kazkhstan for pity's sake. Burst into tears on the 1st tee of his Masters debut partnering Tiger and with his brother caddying  :(   - might be this year's Sergio / Jasper / Jose Maria - but expect to see him paired with more experienced players - Monty can't risk more tears on the 1st tee.

Padraig HARRINGTON

Previous Ryder Cups: 5       Win percentage: 33%
Major wins: 3                World ranking: 22
Recent form: Better than the media hullaballo would have you believe, but disappointing in the big events. Over the last 12 months he has had 8 top 5s, some in big events, and another 3 top 10s, but has not made many cuts in majors. Shot 64 this week to get a top 10 in a mickey mouse pro-am in France, where most of the players would not even have been eligible to play in the 3 majors Harrington won only 2-3 years ago.

Less bothered by the media spotlight than his captain, who will be under pressure to pick him regardless of his form.

Luke DONALD

Previous Ryder Cups: 2       Win percentage: 70%
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 9
Recent form: Has a chance of winning this week at the Tour Championship, where is a shot back after 3 days. Had some good wins earlier in the season, and some good weeks, and mediocre weeks recently.

Laertes' Ryder Cup myths #3: Luke Donald is a straight hitter. He ranks 95th for fairways hit in the US, and 135th for greens in regulation. He is short and crooked. And so is his driving.  :o Great Ryder Cup record and played well in the Wales Open over the same course, back in May.

The American Team

Captain: Corey "Crazy" Pavin

Vice Captains:Tom Lehman, Davis Love, Paul Goydos, Jeff Sluman.

American Team

Phil Mickelson

Previous Ryder Cups: 7       Win percentage: 36%
Major wins: 4                World ranking: 2
Recent form: Not putting 4 rounds together in strokeplay but still manages to dazzle at some stage every week - you don't want to play Phil when he is on a good day.

His poor Cup performances get less attention than Mr Woods's but it must be a disappointment to him. Form has been very in and out since Augusta.

Steve Stricker

Previous Ryder Cups: 1       Win percentage: 0% (that's right, no wins out of 3 in a victorious team)
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 4
Recent form: Had a solid rather than spectacular play-offs, unusually for him, but a win and 4 top 10s since July are not to be sneezed at, even if the win was the John Deere "I'm not eligible for the Open" Open.

Censored by BigKahunaBurger

Jim Furyk

Previous Ryder Cups: 6       Win percentage: 33%
Major wins: 1                World ranking: 9
Recent form: Weighed down with cash. Needs new alarm clock.

The only man in golf with a swing similar to Corey Pavin, gentleman Jim is on form and a very keen Ryder Cupper who nevertheless loses a lot of matches for such a great player.

Jeff Overton

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 48
Recent form: Came into form at the right time, with a decent finish at the Open and a run of top 10s in July/August up to the qualifying date. Poor since then.

The first player to qualify for a US Ryder Cup team without having a win to his name of any description as a professional. I had not heard of this guy until July. Ranked 48th in the world but 4th on the US qualifying list makes no sense. Over $3.5 million banked by young Mr Overton. He wont be adding to that this week, but maybe I'll recognise his face the next time I see it. Would you?

Matt Kuchar

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 11
Recent form: Pretty hot, despite illness and a lot of golf. Just pipped by Furyk for the FedEx cup.

Tall man with a stooped style of play, came to fame with good performances in majors when still an amateur. Now one of the tour's "Mr Nice Guys" who seems to be very consistent and sometimes very good.

Dustin Johnson

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 12
Recent form: Stellar.

A candidate for golfer of the year. Led after 3 days of the US Open only to blow up massively in a style not seen for many years. Came back with solid performances at the Open, then a top 5, then looked like he had the PGA in the bag only to have the bunker fiasco, which he handled very graciously. Came back again from that to win a couple of weeks ago. Hits the ball so far it is unbelievable, makes Tiger Woods look average. Seriously. Was recently 20 yards over the back of a 600 yard par 5 in 2 shots.

Bubba Watson
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 24
Recent form: Lost the play-off for the PGA to Kaymer, but mediocre since then.

The only player at Celtic Manor who can keep up close to Johnson off the tee and possibly the most exciting player. Seems to have 14 birdies and 10 bogies in every round. And kudos to the man who wins this Ryder Cup's "craziest American name" trophy - not many people respond to the loss of a play-off in a major with "I made the Ryder Cup team - that's what I came here to do".

Hunter Mahan

Previous Ryder Cups: 1       Win percentage: 40%
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 14
Recent form: Had a very up and down year. Won in Phoenix in Jan, at the World Champs in August, but also missed 6 cuts including 4 in a row in June, and has only a top 15 to show for the last 5 weeks.

Was going to be the next big thing, but seems to be a bit mercurial at the moment.

Tiger Woods

Previous Ryder Cups: 5       Win percentage: 37%
Major wins: 14                World ranking: 1
Recent form: You know all about that.

Guess what - Tiger is going to be in the news this week, just like every week since April 1997. I fancy that 2-3 weeks more practice will have sharpened his game a lot, but that he will still be beatable. His putting wont help, unless it has got a lot better.

Stuart Cink

Previous Ryder Cups: 4       Win percentage: 25%
Major wins: 1                World ranking: 35
Recent form: Actually pretty poor. Hasnt had a top 10 (or a missed cut) since June. But only 3 top 10s since winning the Open last year, and no other wins last year either.

Lucky to get a pick, everyone's favourite Open champion wont have too much crowd support in Wales. Boo.  :o  Shocking Ryder Cup record too - why on earth was he picked?

Ricky Fowler

Major wins: 0                World ranking: 33
Recent form: Scraping by since the summer, had a couple of runner up places earlier in the year.

Zach Johnson

Previous Ryder Cups: 1       Win percentage: 25%
Major wins: 0                World ranking: 19
Recent form: Not had a great year, but a win in June and a tie for 3rd at the PGA have made him the highest ranked American not to make the team, apart from recovering-from-injury Anthony Kim.

Straight, gutsy, understated, the sort of US player who wins lots of points normally.
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum