Liverpool vs Arsenal (LC SF, 1st leg) - 19:45, Thu 13 Jan

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:12 pm

Soo boring so far, can't even get a shot on target against 10 men.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:14 pm

If this is how it's going to be without Mane and Salah then 3rd is best we're gonna get this season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:24 pm

Meanwhile back in Anfield  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:33 pm

Minamino  :angry:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:44 pm

How did Taki missed that?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:46 pm

That was such a let down. They should just give salah what he wants because we have nothing else!!.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:46 pm

I'm annoyed because we're right back at January last season all over again. Players run into the ground because we haven't got enough quality in the squad.

That attacking 3 tonight was virtually invisible against 10 men!!!!!!

Bobby looks leggy and his best days are behind him.. 

Jota is a player who feeds off of scraps, but his build up play isn't great so without Mane and Salah he's got nothing to work with.

Minimino .. I love the guy but he's nowhere near the grade to be playing for us. He just comes short for the ball, gets it, then  passes it back... rinse and repeat.

FSG are to blame for the last 2 seasons... invest in the team or get out.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:30 am

Eagle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:07 pm wrote:I know Arsenal are not in great shape, but how many times do we need to see a dysfunctional midfield with Henderson and Milner as the two 8s. Really would have preferred Jones or Ox instead of one of them. Saving grace is that their two attacking midfielders are out and Lokonga hasn't quite looked ready for this level yet.

Finding it a bit difficult to criticise the fowards. Not a surprise that we struggled to break down 10 men with a midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Milner. We've seen this combo fail so many times and I'm surprised Klopp keeps using it. We need players in midfield who can play and turn in tight spaces, draw out defences, and play a cute pass. From time to time we could even go with a 2 in midfield with Firmino in the 10 role. But I really don't want to see this midfield 3 again. It's so blunt.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:56 am

In the name of all that is holy please don't start Milner with Henderson as even under pain of death ,I never want to see such a stagnant, unimaginative and slow midfield taking to the field again. I'd say it was bad earlier but that would be an embellishment on my behalf given the stink inside our yard tonight. I sat in my seat wondering if for any reason I'd be forced to stand up propelled by the anticipation of a goal ,alas I like most of a shell shocked Kop were literally stunned into silence by that shambles of a performance.

So many abject displays ,so many strikers threatening to do f*ck all with the ball at their feet.I mean even our corners never cleared the first man ,I understand Trent was returning from illness ,but ffs if he's not fit and he clearly wasnt then don't play the lad ? Henderson was complete gash earlier and Milner looks like if he had another gear he would have to use it to get out of f*cking bed ,he's so slow its painful to watch and if Matip is your best offensive player and your only hope of breaking the lines then the outlook for this next month is grim.

I know its a dirty word ,but this window needs to be used and used quickly before its closed and we've lost serious ground to Chelsea or God forbid West Ham ,because if tonight hasn't identified the fact we simply don't have the quality available to contend with the loss of three extremely important players without dipping in for reinforcements, then I'm at a loss to envisage a time when it would be more imperative.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 am

I really can’t be bothered summarising that performance. I have tried to stand by our owners who undoubtedly have done some very good work however it is extremely difficult to defend their lack of player investment. Last night clearly demonstrated that we have zero strength in depth. In net terms we have spent next to nothing compared to the other major teams in Europe. We failed to capitalise on winning the CL and the league at a time when any player would have been interested in joining Liverpool. And now I firmly believe that we will lose Mo Salah as the owners simply won’t agree to his demands. Instead of taking us forward over the last few years they have actually engaged reverse gear. Sad times.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:43 am

Liverpool were awful. Hendo and Milner were totally ineffective, our midfield didn't exist. Minamino and Bobby simply had no influence on the game. The two CB's played well, Matip was my man of the match. TAA's crossing was awful and Robbo spent a lot of time walking. Jones was brought on in front of Robbo but not having a left foot constantly found himself up top needing to stop and try and cut in to get the ball onto his right foot. Overall I'd say a very poor performance against 10 men when you know City would have trouced them 5-0.  LFC need to get rid of the deadwood, we simply don't have any depth in this squad. A full stadium brought in about 2.5 million pounds in revenue - for what? I wish both managers had announced before the game they weren't going to play to say us all the trip to the stadium.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:04 pm

Can anybody please explain to me why Klopp persists with a midfield of Henderson,Milner and Fabinho when it has never worked and I mean NEVER
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:44 pm

When they went one player down I just knew that it won't benefit us. Soo many times we've faced teams with one man down and yet struggle to break the wall down. Yesterday, however was the worst attempt out of the lot.

Lads expect a shyte typical January period.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm

It was a terrible performance throughout the whole game, the wrong team selection, couldn't even manage one shot on target, Arsenal was a better team and should have won it easily. The changes were made very late and should have been made at halftime, Hendo and Milner, Trent, and the infamous Firmino were totally useless, all the play was in front of Arsenal's defense. The tie is over, I can't see us winning at Arsenal!!  Mind you we are used to this kind of performance from Klopp's team in the second part of every season, a steady decline.
The club needs to buy big if they want to stay in the top four, Not CBs, but CFs, and creative midfielders are badly needed.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby electrum » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:09 pm

devaney » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 am wrote:I really can’t be bothered summarising that performance. I have tried to stand by our owners who undoubtedly have done some very good work however it is extremely difficult to defend their lack of player investment. Last night clearly demonstrated that we have zero strength in depth. In net terms we have spent next to nothing compared to the other major teams in Europe. We failed to capitalise on winning the CL and the league at a time when any player would have been interested in joining Liverpool. And now I firmly believe that we will lose Mo Salah as the owners simply won’t agree to his demands. Instead of taking us forward over the last few years they have actually engaged reverse gear. Sad times.

FSG have done a great job until winning the league- we have been stationary ever since and showed a lack of ambition when in a position of strength that was 30 years in arriving.

Many of us decry the ownership of Citeh, Barcodes and the Chavs ...(Mancs owners are a complete shower) HOWEVER the reality may well be that unless we get a similar influx of funds from cash rich owners in the near future we will likely  just end up being also rans.. outside the top 4 pretty much ad nauseum.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games