EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:11 pm

According to media reports in Spain  Moyes wants to sign Can on loan for Sociedad

http://www.football-espana.net/47700/januzaj-can-adam-la-real?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:11 pm wrote:According to media reports in Spain  Moyes wants to sign Can on loan for Sociedad

If that happens Rodgers should be sacked on the spot.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:28 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:53 am wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXG-TwpZOkc

Dropped to the bench for 9 games to return as a defender ,and after a performance like above.

I could be wrong....but as long as Gerrard is in this club and as long as he gets picked no matter what, players who play in his position (Lucas, Can, Hendo......sahin previously,  Shelvey..etc) are gonna get shafted or played in a position which does them no justice.

I think Can could be a very competent box-to-box player. If we manage him well, he might even hit the "matic" level.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Yep, it's true, there is a possibility that this could happen in January, I.e. Can to RS so that he can be given game time  :no  :no  :no . I just can't understand why he isn't being given more game time here (maybe BR doesn't trust the players he's brought to LFC!!!), pathetic if this move is allowed to happen. Tbh, I'd rather LFC just let SG go, it's becoming very apparent that because BR is afraid to drop him, other players careers are being stifled.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:11 pm wrote:According to media reports in Spain  Moyes wants to sign Can on loan for Sociedad

BR will make a rod for his own back if he lets that happen...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm not sure that will happen, wasn't Brendan talking just the other day about utilising him more in the second half of the season?
On the other hand with the likes of Gerrard, Lucas, Allen and Hendo in the squad it wouldn't totally shock me if Brendan thought he might have to go out on loan in order to get more game time, I don't think it would be a popular move amongst the fans though.
A lot of fans are already perplexed to why Can isn't playing more, if he then goes on loan..well, that's going to go down like a lead balloon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:35 pm wrote: wasn't Brendan talking just the other day about utilising him more in the second half of the season

I think you might be the only one left who actually listens to him  :p   :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Looks a really solid player and when moved into midfield strong on the ball and surprisingly quite paced for a big lad. Can't believe it's taken so long for him to get a run of games and the sad thing is that if Allen was fit he may still be warming the bench.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:14 pm

I like Can and I think he'll develop into a class defensive midfielder or defender...he's very versatile and looks very comfortable under pressure. A big improvement over Allen.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Emre likes the occasional brilliant long ball as well. Seems strong, intelligent and getting to grips with the premiership
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:23 pm

I'd like to see him remain in the back 3, I know a few fans would prefer to see him in midfield but I think he brings a lot of composure to our back line.
They way we play we need defenders who are comfortable on the ball and in Can and Sakho we have two defenders who can not only spot a pass but can also bring the ball out of defence too. We've had so many issue's with our back line that now it seems to be functioning quite well I'd just leave it well alone. If it's not broke don't fix it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:08 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:23 pm wrote:I'd like to see him remain in the back 3, I know a few fans would prefer to see him in midfield but I think he brings a lot of composure to our back line.
They way we play we need defenders who are comfortable on the ball and in Can and Sakho we have two defenders who can not only spot a pass but can also bring the ball out of defence too. We've had so many issue's with our back line that now it seems to be functioning quite well I'd just leave it well alone. If it's not broke don't fix it.

:nod

He may be better in midfield but we've benefited a lot from playing this lad in the back 3. I'd keep him there for the time being as well. Also, if we move him to midfield we'll have to play Lovren in the back instead, and that would be bad.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:02 am

7_Kewell » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:14 am wrote:I like Can and I think he'll develop into a class defensive midfielder or defender...he's very versatile and looks very comfortable under pressure. A big improvement over Allen.

+1. From what I've seen he has massive potential.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm

What a talent this kid is. Can play virtually anywhere and only 21.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 pm

stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:What a talent this kid is. Can play virtually anywhere and only 21.

Agreed.

Unfortunately it's this versatility that's hindering his development as the Genius that is Brendan Rodgers now plays Can as part of a back three,  a position he can adequately perform in but is in fact a role in which his talent is stifled.

The lad is a natural CM/DM . I love to see a midfield pairing of him and Henderson. Think they'd be immense !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion