EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:25 pm

I think the biggest mistake yesterday was not pushing this guy in midfield when Lucas got injured. I can understand the other substitutions (even subbing Couthinho off, who was probably just too tired) but Allen contributed nothing, especially attacking wise. Can would have been a menace for their midfield and a huge threat to their goal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:57 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 pm wrote:I think the biggest mistake yesterday was not pushing this guy in midfield when Lucas got injured. I can understand the other substitutions (even subbing Couthinho off, who was probably just too tired) but Allen contributed nothing, especially attacking wise. Can would have been a menace for their midfield and a huge threat to their goal.

This is soooo accurate, pop Lovren into a back 3 and push Can forward
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 am

Rodgers on Can

“Lucas has been very important for us but there will be an opportunity for someone else,” Rodgers said to English media.“Eventually, Can will be a player who plays further forwards and there might be games when I do think that, but you also have to remember the balance of the team as well, which is very good at the moment. It’s four clean sheets in a row and defensively we have been very strong.”

I really don't see him moving Can from our back line for the foreseeable .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 am wrote:Rodgers on Can

“Lucas has been very important for us but there will be an opportunity for someone else,” Rodgers said to English media.“Eventually, Can will be a player who plays further forwards and there might be games when I do think that, but you also have to remember the balance of the team as well, which is very good at the moment. It’s four clean sheets in a row and defensively we have been very strong.”

:no  Not until the system breaks down anyway and by then the lad could find himself as a wing back or goalkeeper  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:25 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:33 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 am wrote:Rodgers on Can

:no  Not until the system breaks down anyway and by then the lad could find himself as a wing back or goalkeeper  :nod

Or until one of his mistakes finally costs us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the fella but as good as he has been he has made mistakes that fortunately for us went unpunished.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:56 am wrote:Rodgers on Can

By the 'opportunity for someone else' I take it he means Allen, I really hope he doesn't go this route as he was totally ineffectual against Everton, the only other option I can see him doing is bring Lallana into the team and move SG back to DM or maybe he's waiting to dream what to do.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Boocity » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:15 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:56 am wrote:Rodgers on Can

By the 'opportunity for someone else' I take it he means Allen, I really hope he doesn't go this route as he was totally ineffectual against Everton, the only other option I can see him doing is bring Lallana into the team and move SG back to DM or maybe he's waiting to dream what to do.

Allen isn't up to the task as a defensive midfielder. He's a useful (and expensive) squad player, but nothing more.

I'd love to see Can get his chance in the middle, but doubt it'll happen.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:28 pm

It's beyond obvious that Can in midfield and Lovren back in the line-up is the best way to deal with Lucas' absence, I hope that BR sees that now. Control and security in midfield is probably the most important thing in football and with Stevie we just can't have that.

Yes, there is a risk of Lovren making a mistake (who defended well today mind you), but I'd take that risk over lack of control in midfield any day. Heck I'd play Djimi Traore in there just to have a solid midfield. Also, Skrtel and Sakho in current form, as well as Mign are good enough to babysit Lovren if need be. Henderson can hardly take care of himself, never mind babysit Gerrard.

And on top of all that, Can in current form is a f*cking menace.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:42 pm

Thought Can was outstanding tonight in both positions, still looks a bit heavy but he has the potential to be a big player for us, long may his good form continue.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Can is a genuine superstar ,I can see now why Bayern were so loathe to let him leave.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:07 am

For a big lad he can't half shift, even Walker was struggling to keep up with him at one point. Whatever position he plays he puts in an 8/10 performance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:20 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:07 pm wrote:For a big lad he can't half shift, even Walker was struggling to keep up with him at one point. Whatever position he plays he puts in an 8/10 performance.

The way he casually spins away from danger is the mark of genuine class ,like you so rightly state wherever he plays he's top draw mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:14 am

He looks very composed for his age. Yes, he will make mistakes now and again, but that is forgivable especially as he is not playing in his favoured position. I don't see BR moving Can to midfield anytime soon though. Having Can as CB gives BR some options. Like when Bolton had a guy sent off, BR just moved Can to midfield to exploit the space. But if we play him as DM/CM, then someone (e.g. Lovren or Toure) has to come in as the 3rd CB. And that sort of fixes the formation already.

But hopefully we do find a long term fix for our defence. Lovren could still come good. Then the future of our midfield looks bright with Henderson & Can in the DM/CM position and Ibe/Markovic/Lallana/Coutinho/Sterling in the LW/RW/AM areas
alxy

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:12 pm

He can become a top, top player.
One of his main attributes is the way he carries the ball deep into the oppositions half, gaining us the attacking advantage and taking pressure off our defence.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby eds » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:36 am

Agree he is showing very early signs that he will become an absolute beast in our midfield.

For such a big player I'm amazed at his ability to dribble pass players with ease. Always looks composed on the ball, regardless what part of the field he is at.

He also has incredible strength and was very impressed when he muscled Lukaku off the ball in the recent derby. Not many players could do that one on one.

Most exciting is that he is only 21yo and I pretty sure we have only seen glimpses of what he is fully capable of  :buttrock
Last edited by eds on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion