MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:31 pm

He played really well, lucky to not give a pen away with his challenge on Dzeko but apart from that I thought he was very assured. I wouldn't blame either of our CB's for City's goals, they came at a time when our midfield practically disappeared into thin air and left our back 4 very exposed. City players were being allowed to carry the ball right to the edge of our box before one of our CM's would go out to challenge them.
Sakho's passing from the back is definitely a big plus for us, he doesn't just shift it to his nearest team mate like 99% of other centre halves do, he threads clever through balls into the feet of our attacking midfielders and strikers.
We look better defending corners and set pieces with him in the side too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:31 pm wrote:He played really well, lucky to not give a pen away with his challenge on Dzeko but apart from that I thought he was very assured. I wouldn't blame either of our CB's for City's goals, they came at a time when our midfield practically disappeared into thin air and left our back 4 very exposed. City players were being allowed to carry the ball right to the edge of our box before one of our CM's would go out to challenge them.
Sakho's passing from the back is definitely a big plus for us, he doesn't just shift it to his nearest team mate like 99% of other centre halves do, he threads clever through balls into the feet of our attacking midfielders and strikers.
We look better defending corners and set pieces with him in the side too.

I think his distribution is better than Agger's. Proving to be a very good signing.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:10 am

Played very well again. Got away with a rash tackle but apart from that he looked excellent. He frightens me to death  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Resurrected the Traore dark days ....Yes he was that bad earlier ,how he is preferred over Agger will remain one of
the enigmas of the season.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Yeh, I think he just had a poor game to be honest, for a big man he doesn't win much headers
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:31 pm

metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:Yeh, I think he just had a poor game to be honest, for a big man he doesn't win much headers

Can you get a defibrillator on E-Bay ? because it may prove essential for the continuance of my heartbeat if he plays again.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:40 pm

djimi traore all over for me  :nod
no balance or agility whatsoever. how he got away with scything yer man to the ground ill never know.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:31 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:Yeh, I think he just had a poor game to be honest, for a big man he doesn't win much headers

Can you get a defibrillator on E-Bay ? because it may prove essential for the continuance of my heartbeat if he plays again.

:D

I prefer to have Agger playing the next game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:55 pm wrote:Resurrected the Traore dark days ....Yes he was that bad earlier ,how he is preferred over Agger will remain one of

Yeh right....Sakho was GOOD,he held his ground against a constant air assault by the Norwich players and his ability to pass the ball FORWARD is priceless. He is stronger and quicker then Agger and is a natural decision to play before him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Yeah, I agree. He is an actual defender. Just wish he go easy with the rash challenges.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 pm

metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:31 pm wrote:

:D

I prefer to have Agger playing the next game

Definitely mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:49 pm

only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:55 pm wrote:Resurrected the Traore dark days ....Yes he was that bad earlier ,how he is preferred over Agger will remain one of

Yeh right....Sakho was GOOD,he held his ground against a constant air assault by the Norwich players and his ability to pass the ball FORWARD is priceless. He is stronger and quicker then Agger and is a natural decision to play before him.

He made no attempt what so ever to win the ball in the air in a couple of occasions, especially the 2nd Norwich goal.

for a big defender he should be winning those headers
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:03 pm

metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:49 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 pm wrote:

He made no attempt what so ever to win the ball in the air in a couple of occasions, especially the 2nd Norwich goal.

for a big defender he should be winning those headers

2nd Norwich goal was young Flanngan....Sakho was covering another player...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:50 pm

I thought Sakho and Skrtel had decent games myself, considering the midfield went AWOL again (similar to the second half last week) and invited tons of pressure on our back 4 I thought they coped pretty well.
Neither could be blamed for any the goals, Skrtel clearly got a shout from Mingolet for the first and for the second goal if anyone was at fault it was Flanno for not at least jumping and making it hard for the striker.
I think we are deffo missing a vocal Carragher type presence at the back, Carragher would be screaming at our midfielders to 'get out' and to engage the opposition at the halfway line and not at the edge of our box. Not sure if Skrtel or Sakho have the balls to start ordering Gerrard around though. Carragher would have been physically grabbing our CM's today and shoving them out of our box and we miss that in these games
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 pm wrote:I thought Sakho and Skrtel had decent games myself, considering the midfield went AWOL again (similar to the second half last week) and invited tons of pressure on our back 4 I thought they coped pretty well.
Neither could be blamed for any the goals, Skrtel clearly got a shout from Mingolet for the first and for the second goal if anyone was at fault it was Flanno for not at least jumping and making it hard for the striker.
I think we are deffo missing a vocal Carragher type presence at the back, Carragher would be screaming at our midfielders to 'get out' and to engage the opposition at the halfway line and not at the edge of our box. Not sure if Skrtel or Sakho have the balls to start ordering Gerrard around though. Carragher would have been physically grabbing our CM's today and shoving them out of our box and we miss that in these games

Sakho was awful mate ,he once again upended an opposing player in a dangerous position and his indecision on the ball
seen him robbed of the ball more than once ....However I concur with your opinion on Skrtel having a decent game ,but
as regards Sakho I really don't know how you could arrive at the conclusion he was anything more than an accident waiting
to happen in our back four.....Agger's reintegration into our back line cant come soon enough for me.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion