Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

We should be much higher than we are, but a combination of player mistakes and refereeing blunders have cost us dear. If this changes then we'll start picking up points. Also there is talk about us spending in January, I hope so and I hope FSG back Rodgers to the hilt, so he can bring in better players. An attacking midfielder and a striker would be more than welcome, also I want us to start getting more bodies into the opposition box. Suarez was left virtually on his own in the opposition penalty area, until Shelvey came on and got himself into the box.

I believe in Rodgers, because he hasn't given me any doubt to not believe in him.
Boxscarf

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 pm wrote:
highly intelligent? i think your getting me confused with someone else.
we all know rome wasnt built in a day but lets face it a team with the likes of suarez, sahin, gerrard, agger, sterling, skrtel, lucas, allen etc in it shouldnt be 2 points away from 4th from bottom a quarter of the way through the season.
we should be conceding near 30 goals by the begining of november either.
i`m starting to have doubts wether he will deliver us a title winning side even if he is given a decade, all this talk of signing walcott and being so dismissive of carroll i wonder if he`s living in the real world.
to win the title in england you need a blend of power and skill, it`s an attritional, relentless league and there are times when you have to roll your sleeves up and dig out results, i`m not convinced rodgers blueprint of 5 foot something players is the way forward.
i dont want liverpool to be an arsenal or even a swansea who people pat on the back and praise for playing great football while the likes of united and chelsea pick up the trophy`s.
all the great sides of the last 40 years could all mix it, would brendan rodgers sign a roy keane? andy gray? graeme sharpe? billy bremner? mark hughes? john toshack? tommy smith? jimmy case? joe jordan? jack charlton? etc

Mate, hypothetically speaking, let's say ref decisions went our way this season (goal against everton, sending off against mancs, etc...) plus if we did end up with a proper striker in the transfer window, wouldn't be better off? Performances are showing positives but what we need is owners to show proper backing to the man they put in charge. Remember, we do have a certain Lucas Leiva out, who as you mentioned, could be a put in the same bracket as type of players that show fighting spirit. Once he is back and once he is fit he will definitely add more cover in midfield and we will see better results (hopefully). Rodgers needs a hell lot of time to implement his blue print, I don't think we will be an Arsenal or Swansea, I think we will challenge for trophies with the man we have in charge right now because he is young, ambitious and a genius when it comes to tactics and football.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 am

F**kin Shelvey cost us the game.

Miss of the season, reminded me of Heskey's fluffer from a few years ago  :no

He was awful throughout the game, needs a rocket up his a**e if he is to survive at Liverpool, not good enough today.

Sterling and Suarez keep going from strength to strength. Suarez will easily score 20-30 this season, he is on fire at the moment!

In the end another disappointing draw, its plain as day we need another striker. One that can complement Suarez and put it into the back of the net.

In January we must get one (or two), if the owners don't have money to spend, they should go. If Rodgers is given money to spend and doesn't, he should go. Simple.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 am

Calender year needs to end sharpish, our form at home this year has been fecking abysmal.

Need to get Johnson back ASAP, one of our best players this season and a player who does very well in attack. Enrique was gnash.

Shelvey's misses were fecking terrible, at least he was in the position to take them - minor fecking positive.

Sahin IMO should play alongside Allen, Shelvey & Gerrard to fight it out for the place ahead of Allen and Sahin.

Can't believe I read comments on here the other day about happily selling Suarez  :no if it wasn't for him we'd be in the relegation zone. The bloke is a fecking genius and that goal was something else.

Gerrard was poor IMO, his dead balls, shooting and passing weren't the best, time his position comes under serious threat.

Skertel and Agger were good again I thought.

Not much else to say apart from another frustrating home performance, we should be beating sides like Newcastle at home.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 am wrote:Calender year needs to end sharpish, our form at home this year has been fecking abysmal.

Need to get Johnson back ASAP, one of our best players this season and a player who does very well in attack. Enrique was gnash.

Shelvey's misses were fecking terrible, at least he was in the position to take them - minor fecking positive.

Sahin IMO should play alongside Allen, Shelvey & Gerrard to fight it out for the place ahead of Allen and Sahin.

Can't believe I read comments on here the other day about happily selling Suarez  :no if it wasn't for him we'd be in the relegation zone. The bloke is a fecking genius and that goal was something else.

Gerrard was poor IMO, his dead balls, shooting and passing weren't the best, time his position comes under serious threat.

Skertel and Agger were good again I thought.

Not much else to say apart from another frustrating home performance, we should be beating sides like Newcastle at home.

I have never wanted to say anything bad about Steve G cos he has been inspirational for the last decade or so.

Sadly age is slowly catching up with him, the slowless being proven by every shot being blocked by the barcodes today.

Not a great performance today and his form is starting to drop (overall for the season), will be interesting to see what BR does with him?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 am

dundreamin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:I,ve had enough quitting watching LFC for a month at least. 45 years of support and this has broken me fed up of all the hype and BS we getting fed these days. It's beyond a joke now

Can't say I blame ya. There's something rotten at the heart of this team. I can't put my finger on it and I'm damn well sure Rogers isn't able to either. He really does have an uphill struggle ahead of him and I'd dearly like to see him overcome the obstacles and turn everything around, but as time goes on I am becoming less and less positive about his ability to do so.

It's actually painful watching Liverpool these days. Hopefully, around the January mark there will be a shake up and we can start looking forward to a better future.

:down:
tonyeh

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 am

tonyeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 am wrote:
dundreamin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:I,ve had enough quitting watching LFC for a month at least. 45 years of support and this has broken me fed up of all the hype and BS we getting fed these days. It's beyond a joke now

Can't say I blame ya. There's something rotten at the heart of this team. I can't put my finger on it and I'm damn well sure Rogers isn't able to either. He really does have an uphill struggle ahead of him and I'd dearly like to see him overcome the obstacles and turn everything around, but as time goes on I am becoming less and less positive about his ability to do so.

It's actually painful watching Liverpool these days. Hopefully, around the January mark there will be a shake up and we can start looking forward to a better future.

Of course its easier to quit. When your team is winning its all ok, when they need support of course none is to be found.

Really I hope every Liverpool supporter who is finding it hard not watching the team winning quits. Its not about circumstances, its about winning. So please, all those who want to quit supporting Liverpool hop on the nearest bandwagon and be off. I hope you all do, as this will then free up space in the stadium for proper Liverpool supporters who want to support the team.

So please, im begging you, all the plastics, f*ck off "supporting" the club, and while your at it, f*ck off from our forums.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 am

We're still in lower half of table and criticism of Brendan is starting to come out. First of all, I strongly believe the sacking of Rafa after one poor season finishing 7th was a huge blunder. We've gone backwards with the successive managers. Rafa is still only 52 and I hope to someday see him manage Liverpool again if Brendan performs like Hodgson or KD's 2nd spell.

That game was another typical Liverpool game under BR and it all sounds like a broken record now ie lots of possession and struggling to score and if Suarez didn't produce that bit of magic in rounding their keeper we would have lost. Shelvey was handed with 3 half chances and had it been an Owen/Fowler/Torres, they would have put away at least one of them. Did anyone notice our passing was a bit out of tune esp. with the long passes?   This is really a thin squad, the inexperience of Wisdom, Suso and Sterling (stars of the future I am sure) were beginning to show.

Yes I agree that too much ball possession without much offensive penetration can lead to the opponents regrouping their defence which would be hard to break down and catch us off guard on their counter attacks. And things do not look bright for BR at this moment. Let's see who he will bring in after the next 2 windows and give him and the team time to adjust to his tactics. But one thing I can say that when he said he wanted to make playing at Anfield to be the longest 90 minutes of our opponents life, suck the football life out of them, death by football for the opponents, title bid begins today , so far have exploded in front of his face and he was like a sweet talking used car salesman. Now he's saying, it will take 3 years to fix Liverpool and hopefully he will still be wanted by FSG, expect more games like the 3-0 reverse at the Hawthorns, our opponents were better than us on the night(Swans game), he's sending us mixed and contradictory signals.

I expect all of our home games to be like the Newcastle game until we can sign players to replace Rodriguez, Carrroll and Kuyt to compliment Suarez in January.
alwayslfc

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 am

Kharhaz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 am wrote:
tonyeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 am wrote:

Of course its easier to quit. When your team is winning its all ok, when they need support of course none is to be found.

Really I hope every Liverpool supporter who is finding it hard not watching the team winning quits. Its not about circumstances, its about winning. So please, all those who want to quit supporting Liverpool hop on the nearest bandwagon and be off. I hope you all do, as this will then free up space in the stadium for proper Liverpool supporters who want to support the team.

So please, im begging you, all the plastics, f*ck off "supporting" the club, and while your at it, f*ck off from our forums.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I dont see why people are saying the same things over and over again. We all know we dont have a striker and until january we can not fix that so please put that to one side when evaluating the sides performance.

Yesterday we dominated possesion again and again failed to take the 3 points at home. But Newcastle are a good side full of talent and we conceded a goal from a fantastic strike from a fantastic player. Apart from that I cant remember too much else they done.

We also need to realise we are still without Lucas Glenn Johnson and Reina. 3 players that would make a differnce. I dont think we have fielded our strongest possible team and until we do that we cant really establish our weaker points.

Reina
Johnson  Skrtel   Agger  Enrique

Lucas     Allen

Gerrard
Suso                                 Sterling
                    Suarez

That above I believe is our strongest side and Johnson and Reina are very close to returning and Lucas is expected by the end of the month.

The diffrence those 3 players would make to our side you wouldnt believe. Allen would go back to doing what he does best and linking Midfield with the attack and it would also give Gerrard more freedom to roam forward.

There is a slight bit of criticism I will give Brendan that being he needs to stop being so negative about the whole situation if he keeps banging on about what a thin squad and its going to take time he will rub off onto the players thinking that it doesnt matter if they play ***** as we are a "work in progress"

Next bit of criticism is he goes on about what a thin squad we have well why dont you try and use it a bit more.

I dont know how much collated game time Assaidi Yesil Pacheco and Henderson have had but they should have had more especially Assaidi as he has shown to be a very tricky player.

Keep the faith guys remember we are only 4 points behind Arsenal and 6 points behind Tottenham and Everton who sit 4th.

We have already played Arsenal Utd City Everton and Newcastle.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:14 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm wrote:
agree to a certain extent but rodgers has made mistakes, when fsg opted for him we certainly didnt get the finished article by any means, never mind the team he`s still a work in progress himself.

Even elder managers with decades of managerial experience make mistakes i.e. Fabio Capello as England manager.

true, but rodgers made a rod for his own back from the off when he stated in his first press conference that he wouldnt work under a DoF.
when you make statements like that you cant leave the club short of strikers by letting players go out on loan without bringing in suitable replacements. thats bordering on farce.

Look I know that Carroll improved towards the end of last season and put in some decent cup performances but he simply is not the answer. Carroll has scored 2 goals in 33 Premiership matches. I watched him play against Man City on Saturday and he was very very average at best. If he continues to play like that which was very similar to most of the games he played for Liverpool then I cannot see him returning to Anfield next season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 pm wrote:Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.

can't agree - but hindsight has 20/20 vision
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm wrote:Toothless in front of goal, we are. Light years from a top 4 finish...

Totally agree. That's top 4 finish - forget winning the damn PL!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.

rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
ironically when we do score it`s usually from direct play or a set piece.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.

I completely agree - but let's not be negative now!
We can always rely on ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** to kill off teams with sublime ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** passes  :no
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.

Brendan is setting out his stall so to speak and it's not going to happen overnight, you being a long-time supporter of this club and a highly intelligent man should know this. Yes we do have problems, yes things could be better, but I am seeing progress under Rodgers. We already look a much better team than last season. We seem in better shape going forward than we have been in three years.

Rodgers's philosophy won't be instilled straight away and over the coming transfer windows we will see Rodgers bring in the players that accompany his style. As for Benitez he's a great manager, but he seems to have put his management career on hold and has become a pundit on Skysports. I miss Benitez terribly, I believe with the right financial backing, Benitez would have taken us to numerous league titles and cup successes, but he's not here anymore. Rodgers is our manager and he receives my total support whilst our manager.

My only criticism of Rodgers is that sometimes the man needs to have some STFU juice. Apart from that the lads done good (so far...)

The CLUB gets my total support, the fans get my total support, the manager has to my earn respect, then he will get my total support...
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am

redtrader74 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.

:nod Getting professional players to pass the ball around to each other is NOT difficult, you find out how good they are when under pressure, hence the number of goals we have conceded. Only one SIDE in the world can play that way, and be successful, and thats Barca= Spain, as their players are technical enough. BR needs to utilize the players he has, at their best. Gerrard looks impotent as he wastes time with short passes, and no clinical striker in front of him for him to use his brilliant vision and killer passes. At this stage last year Kennys side was far more penetrative, and theirs no doubt that Rafa would have had better results with these players. BR is Unfortunatly out of his depth.

Here, here...
NOW is that in anyway being critical? Or just words of wisdom - and the honest truth?
FSG should of done all it could to re-instate RAFA - John Henry should of offered his wife as part of the deal  :nod
LFC with its current squad would NOT be in this position under RAFA - in fact it's RAFA's babies who are now at the forefront of this squad carry hope for the future!
Under RAFA - today's forum would be filled of bickering statement of - we're not going to win the league  :down:
Not the reality of not being able to jump into the top half of the table in MOVEMBER!!!
SG - looks a below average player, why? Because he is not allowed to play his way - his way won us a 5th European Club Brendan  :nod

:down: now er're stuck with Brendon 'Unfortunate' Rodgers  :down:
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games