THE NEW LFC TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD - Yes it's silly season time again folks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:23 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:I've noticed a trend in Rafa's transfer preferances. He got Crouch from a relegated team, he's looking at Pennent (apparently) who went down with Birmingham, and Gonzales went down with Albacete and a player from Sociedad who have had a tough time of it this season. It leads me to believe that he likes having players around who know how to fight and keep trying for wins. He's a cunning old devil I tells ya!

True that he loves a fighter. Reality is... Good players will always look for the exit door once their side goes down. Or the clubs show them the door because of their wage bill.

Economic reality.. Bargins applenty for the wise mind
PCG77

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat May 20, 2006 11:45 am

No real gossip today except that Souness is going to manage in Turkey with Trapzonspor. A bit dull and only vaguely relevent.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Sat May 20, 2006 1:40 pm

get rid of kewell are you nuts?
he is an amazing player he had a bad start at the club but is now making up for that
keep kewell we need to sort the right side out
duk

Postby GLB1 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:47 am

Heard rumours going around that Newcastle might be interested in Cisse. Please please come and get him. Not his biggest fan due to him turning his back on us but could this be part of an Owen swap?
GLB1

Postby Seb 33 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:18 pm

Hello every body, it's a Girondins de Bordeaux's fan. I don't know if I in the good topic for my question. You don't know if Bruno Cheyrou stay at Bordeaux or he come back at Liverpool. In France, we say it's very difficult for Bordeaux keeps Cheyrou because, Liverpool asks a lot of monaie for the player. Every body know, Cheyrou wants to stay at Bordeaux, where he play. In England, do you know a other informations please ?

And in France, we listen speake about Anthony Le Tallec at Girondins de Bordeaux. I don't think he stay at Sunderland, and I don't stay he play at Liverpool whit Cissé, Fowler, Morientes or again Crouch. Bordeaux play a Champion's League that season, and the club wants to have a good palyer for that competition. At Liverpool do you listen speak a transfert of Le Tallec at Bordeaux ?

Thank you and sorry again for my english...
Seb 33

Postby JC_81 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:22 pm

Seb 33 wrote:Hello every body, it's a Girondins de Bordeaux's fan. I don't know if I in the good topic for my question. You don't know if Bruno Cheyrou stay at Bordeaux or he come back at Liverpool. In France, we say it's very difficult for Bordeaux keeps Cheyrou because, Liverpool asks a lot of monaie for the player. Every body know, Cheyrou wants to stay at Bordeaux, where he play. In England, do you know a other informations please ?

And in France, we listen speake about Anthony Le Tallec at Girondins de Bordeaux. I don't think he stay at Sunderland, and I don't stay he play at Liverpool whit Cissé, Fowler, Morientes or again Crouch. Bordeaux play a Champion's League that season, and the club wants to have a good palyer for that competition. At Liverpool do you listen speak a transfert of Le Tallec at Bordeaux ?

Thank you and sorry again for my english...

We have heard about the rumours surrounding Le Tallec going to Bordeaux, I don't think Liverpool will keep him next season.  But haven't heard anything confirmed yet.

Not heard anything about Cheyrou yet, but again I don't think Liverpool will want to keep him.

Both players will probably be available for not too much money this summer, I would guess within Bordeaux's budget.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seb 33 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:27 pm

Ok thank you for you reply. You can read my english ? lol
Seb 33

Postby columbia » Sun May 21, 2006 9:30 pm

to be honest mate, you have better english then some of the english people who write on here.

oh, and i'd be happy with any money you can give us for that pair.
columbia

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 22, 2006 10:24 am

According to SSN, Benitez is considering a move for Betis defender Melli.  Apparently he impressed our staff when he played against us in the CL this season.  Personally I don't remember him.

Surely this is nonsense.  With Agger already at the club and Paletta on his way we can't have too many squad spaces for more defenders.  The report doesn't clarify which spot Melli occupies across the back 4, maybe someone else can enlighten us?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 22, 2006 11:34 am

Liverpool are ready to turn to Spain again for summer reinforcements after being linked with a move for Real Betis defender Melli.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Liverpool are keeping tabs on the young central defender.

The Reds are believed to have watched Melli on several occasions this season after he impressed in the two UEFA Champions League encounters between the sides this year.

Melli is highly-regarded at Betis and he still has four years to run on his contract with the Seville-based club.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is thought to be in the market for a new defender, as he looks to build a side capable of mounting a serious Premiership challenge next season.

Melli admits he is flattered by the interest, but insists he has not heard anything from Liverpool.

"A club like Liverpool is always interested in Spanish football and I remember our two matches in the Champions League," said Melli.

"I am happy by the interest, but I have not received any contact with Liverpool.

"That is a subject for Betis and my agent."

ANOTHER CENTRAL DEFENDER?? IS RAFA PLANNING ON PLAYING A 6-3-1 FORMATION NEXT SEASON?!?!?
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon May 22, 2006 11:43 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Liverpool are ready to turn to Spain again for summer reinforcements after being linked with a move for Real Betis defender Melli.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Liverpool are keeping tabs on the young central defender.

The Reds are believed to have watched Melli on several occasions this season after he impressed in the two UEFA Champions League encounters between the sides this year.

Melli is highly-regarded at Betis and he still has four years to run on his contract with the Seville-based club.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is thought to be in the market for a new defender, as he looks to build a side capable of mounting a serious Premiership challenge next season.

Melli admits he is flattered by the interest, but insists he has not heard anything from Liverpool.

"A club like Liverpool is always interested in Spanish football and I remember our two matches in the Champions League," said Melli.

"I am happy by the interest, but I have not received any contact with Liverpool.

"That is a subject for Betis and my agent."

ANOTHER CENTRAL DEFENDER?? IS RAFA PLANNING ON PLAYING A 6-3-1 FORMATION NEXT SEASON?!?!?

I know the lad, his first name is Roger  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 22, 2006 11:48 am

i think i saw him on the telly once
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 22, 2006 2:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:i think i saw him on the telly once

lol, he also "says b0llocks" a lot  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon May 22, 2006 9:33 pm

Squad rotation anyone? We all know that Benitez likes to rotate and it will be needed. It was needed this season but we didn't have the defenders to do it, Carra had to keep playing with pain in his foot and Hyypia played with an illness against Chelsea at Anfield [got beat 4-1 that day].

Paletta is still young and so is Agger, neither of them are exactly experienced. There's nothing wrong with being prepared.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anti-hero » Tue May 23, 2006 3:39 am

Another defender?

Does anybody know if Rafa is still monitoring Bonera? ???
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill