Tevez - 30mil

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:why not benni mccarthy, scored the same amount of goals as berbatov did last season.
he was quoted to have said that he'd be tempted to leave blackburn for a "champions league" club.

that champions league club would probably be chelsea. he is in love with mourinho. :p
User avatar
maypaxvobiscum
 
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:02 am
Location: Singapore

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 pm

some say tevez might come here cuz of mascherano but inter are also contenders and considering there are many argentines there too and its the italian league, he might just be tempted to leave england.
User avatar
maypaxvobiscum
 
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:02 am
Location: Singapore

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:19 pm

bigmick wrote:When I left for NZ, I was very underwhelmed by Tevez but most people who's views I respect are of the opinion that in the latter half of the season he was brilliant so I've no doubt he was. As such, he would look like a good signing to me if he is available when the likes of Eto aren't. He is by now used to english football, he is young, and although as some have pointed out his "proven" period is relatively short, he does lead the line for the Argentine national team so he's no flash in the pan on the World stage.

As for the price, well it is what it is. Compared to Rooney he looks expensive? Well most people do to be honest. Man Utd stole him and I said as much at the time. It's one of the many failings of Mourinho's claim to be "the special one" that during his tenure at the richest club in the World and during a time when they were paying ridiculous money for sometimes good but not outstanding players, he allowed Rooney to go to Man Utd for 23 million. We couldn't have stopped it, neither could Arsenal but had Chelsea bid along with the laughable Barcodes, Rooney would have gone for over 30 million without a doubt.

It also doesn't look expensive to me when you consider the figures being bandied about for Darren Bent. While I'm a bit of a fan of the Charlton man compared to most people on here, it's reasonable to assume he would be some way short of getting in the Argentina team. There would also barring disaster be a chunky sell-on fee (worst case scenario barring injury is that he completely flops, and given his age and pedigree I'd be confident of getting AT LEAST half your money back).

So no, if we can't get the best (Eto) then lets get someone exceptional. If it were to be Tevez, I'll go with the likes of John Craigs judgement and you wouldn't hear any complaints from me.

Good read there Mick.  Quite why Chelsea decided not to strongly pursue Rooney I'll never understand.

Back on the Tevez bandwagon... if you've not seen much of the lad since moving over to NZ Mick, the best thing I can think of to emphasize how much better he looked at the end of the season is that not since Bergkamp's first season at Arsenal have I seen a player turn their season around as impressively.  Not comparing his style to the Dutch meistro as they're different players.  In terms of style of play, the more proven Rooney's the closest match in today's game, but in terms of sheer talent there can't be much between them.

If you think about what sets the best foreign imports apart from the very good ones that have graced these shores during the premiership years, it's that they have the passion and the aggression to match their talent.

Henry, Cantona, Schmeichel, Zola, Bergkamp - they all had that extra bit of passion or dig about their game to match their talent.  I see that in Tevez.  Half way through a season where his team was rubbish and he was having a personal nightmare, he could quite easily not have bothered and waited for an imminent summer transfer, but he showed his true mentality.  He's a winner alright and he'll go on to much better things than West Ham.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 5299
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:57 pm

Postby Elchris » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Elchris wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:Rooney's more proven than Tevez, not necessarily better.  Very similar players.  Tevez has done exceptionally well.  It took him half a season to adapt to English football and since then he's never looked back.  He has brilliant technical ability and this will only become more obvious playing at a bigger club with better players.

Rooney is more proven, IMO he is a better player than Tevez. He has achieved at the highest level and has played some exceptional football, he is a special talent, much more so than Tevez at this moment in time.

Rooney seems to be the better player rite now. We cannot judge the talent between them at the moment for tevez has just arrived and did very well after a bloddy hard time.Rooney on the other hand is used to the league here so he looks better.

Mayb in the nex season if tevez is still here , we can proprely judge them in who is better , for now rooney is the one.IF tevez was english , i think no one would really mind the 30 million price tag , and i do think he's worth 30mp.

carrick -18mp
hargreaveas-18mp
anderson - 18mp*somewhere

juz too show how the market stands

If you ask me who is the better player in terms of talent I would say Rooney. Even during his time at Boca and Corinthians I was never totally convinced about Tevez, although Rooney is no mr fitness, Tevez just didn't appear to take care of his physique and appeared laboured. I think he is a fantastic player but he would need to show more discipline with his fitness to be consistent at our level in the league and in Europe.

Rooney IMO is a better player as an individual, can Tevez do just as good a job in a team - absolutely. If we can get Tevez for anything under £20m then great.I really don't see us paying £30m for him, nor would I want us to because of the risk. We are not Man Utd, they can afford the risk of bringing in the likes of Anderson and Nani for silly money because their squad is virtually complete, ours is not.

Tevez has a band mate , that shows he's got load of talents...  just kidding mate  :D

Either way i dont see us gettin him for less then 25 million at least , mayb a loan deal could well , like the one we are having on mascherano.But Inter are showing alot of interst on him , so we'll see how it goes.

I'll bet he goona score a goal like maradona n messi where he goes past 5-6 players one day .
User avatar
Elchris
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: M'sia

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:23 pm

Image

Image

Image

:Oo:

:suspect:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
User avatar
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:22 am
Location: Reactor Number Four

Postby Penguins » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:25 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
john craig wrote:Very seldom do young potentially world class International forwards who already have Premiership experience, become available in today's market.

For me, Tevez has it all and in the next couple of years he will be one of the world's best players.  Just my opinion.  You don't get these players cheap though.  Some scoffed when Fergie payed 20+ million for Rooney.  Looking back now it was a bargain.  I suspect whoever stumps up the cash for Tevez this summer won't regret it either.

If we can afford the 30 million then I'd pay it.  If we have to pay 9 million for a season's loan with the option to buy outright at the end of it, I'd pay it.  Whether our owners will sanction that much for one player, I'm beginning to doubt.

Good to see you posting again John.

BTW I agree with you, Tevez will be a hit where ever he ends up. A cracking player, the knid of player we could do with.

Like I said before if Carrick is worth 18M and Bent has been priced at 17M, then Tevez at 30m is fair enough.

If we've got the money or like you said do the loan deal we should take him, he'd be great for us IMHO.

I agree with what you both said.
Penguins
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:25 am

Postby Feeney » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Elchris wrote:Either way i dont see us gettin him for less then 25 million at least , mayb a loan deal could well , like the one we are having on mascherano.But Inter are showing alot of interst on him , so we'll see how it goes.

I'll bet he goona score a goal like maradona n messi where he goes past 5-6 players one day .

Tevez at £25mil (if available) represents an amazing bargain to me in the present transfer climate. Who would have thought looking back to the 2006 World Cup, that potentially Liverpool could be in with a chance of owning Tevez and Mascherano for what, £40mil? I'd bite West Hams fu*king hands off at £25mil.

What does concern me at the present with regard to Tevez is Rick Parry's involvement in the Sheff Utd saga. If it does go Sheff U's way as a result of Parry's testimony, it's certain that Tevez will leave West Ham.

Would West Ham, however, be willing to sell him to the club that has condemned them to the Championship...?  ???


And besides, i'd like him at Liverpool because he'd scare the sh!t out of the opposition because he could electrocute them....


























Image  :D  :D
Image


Image



Image
User avatar
Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:31 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby KOPMATT » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:03 pm

I would love to see Tevez at the club, IMO he's class and has hown that at West Ham but If we were able to shell out £30M for him I don't think we'd be able to strengthen elsewhere in the team with the quality that either Rafa or we want to be honest. Shame tho he is Class!!
Image
User avatar
KOPMATT
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:49 pm
Location: South Wales

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:44 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Image

Image

Image

:Oo:

:suspect:

:D  I thought that too, thats one way to scare the oppo defenders :devil:
User avatar
redtrader74
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: London

Postby crillylfc » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:14 pm

well rick parry as screw up the chances of gettin him anyway!!
crillylfc
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:02 am
Location: liverpool

Postby Pedro Maradona » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 am

LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:Rooney's more proven than Tevez, not necessarily better.  Very similar players.  Tevez has done exceptionally well.  It took him half a season to adapt to English football and since then he's never looked back.  He has brilliant technical ability and this will only become more obvious playing at a bigger club with better players.

Rooney is more proven, IMO he is a better player than Tevez. He has achieved at the highest level and has played some exceptional football, he is a special talent, much more so than Tevez at this moment in time.

tevez has been south american player of the year 3 times already, when rooney is european player of the year 3 times i might agree with you.....i think you are believing the hype about rooney, hes a brilliant player no doubt about that, but I think he still has a lot to prove yet. Tevez has frightening ability he has done it in south america and i think he will prove the same in europe in the next couple of seasons....if it is in a liverpool shirt it would be brilliant.....
Pedro Maradona
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:27 am

Pedro Maradona wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:Rooney's more proven than Tevez, not necessarily better.  Very similar players.  Tevez has done exceptionally well.  It took him half a season to adapt to English football and since then he's never looked back.  He has brilliant technical ability and this will only become more obvious playing at a bigger club with better players.

Rooney is more proven, IMO he is a better player than Tevez. He has achieved at the highest level and has played some exceptional football, he is a special talent, much more so than Tevez at this moment in time.

tevez has been south american player of the year 3 times already, when rooney is european player of the year 3 times i might agree with you.....i think you are believing the hype about rooney, hes a brilliant player no doubt about that, but I think he still has a lot to prove yet. Tevez has frightening ability he has done it in south america and i think he will prove the same in europe in the next couple of seasons....if it is in a liverpool shirt it would be brilliant.....

European football attracts the best players from South America - FACT. When Tevez achieves anything like Rooney has done at manure, then I may consider him the better player. There is no "hype" as you put it to believe about Rooney, he is a great player, I can't think of many players in world football at his age who are better than him. Cristiano Ronaldo is about as far as you get. There is no doubt in my mind who is the better player between the two - Rooney is just a step ahead and has more natural talent.

South American player of the year is a brilliant achievement, and I'm not doubting his ability, but Rooney is a better player IMO. To achieve 3 European player of the year awards in a row, you have to be the best of a generation i.e. Cruyff, van basten, Platini, Dis stefano, Beckenbauer - even some of them didn't achieve three in a row. It is significantly easier to achieve 3 South American awards since the best South American players are often already in Europe. Four of the past 10 winners have been Brazilians.
User avatar
LFC2007
 
Posts: 7706
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: London

Postby Pedro Maradona » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:48 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Pedro Maradona wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:Rooney's more proven than Tevez, not necessarily better.  Very similar players.  Tevez has done exceptionally well.  It took him half a season to adapt to English football and since then he's never looked back.  He has brilliant technical ability and this will only become more obvious playing at a bigger club with better players.

Rooney is more proven, IMO he is a better player than Tevez. He has achieved at the highest level and has played some exceptional football, he is a special talent, much more so than Tevez at this moment in time.

tevez has been south american player of the year 3 times already, when rooney is european player of the year 3 times i might agree with you.....i think you are believing the hype about rooney, hes a brilliant player no doubt about that, but I think he still has a lot to prove yet. Tevez has frightening ability he has done it in south america and i think he will prove the same in europe in the next couple of seasons....if it is in a liverpool shirt it would be brilliant.....

European football attracts the best players from South America - FACT. When Tevez achieves anything like Rooney has done at manure, then I may consider him the better player. There is no "hype" as you put it to believe about Rooney, he is a great player, I can't think of many players in world football at his age who are better than him. Cristiano Ronaldo is about as far as you get. There is no doubt in my mind who is the better player between the two - Rooney is just a step ahead and has more natural talent.

South American player of the year is a brilliant achievement, and I'm not doubting his ability, but Rooney is a better player IMO. To achieve 3 European player of the year awards in a row, you have to be the best of a generation i.e. Cruyff, van basten, Platini, Dis stefano, Beckenbauer - even some of them didn't achieve three in a row. It is significantly easier to achieve 3 South American awards since the best South American players are often already in Europe. Four of the past 10 winners have been Brazilians.

ahhh please, ronaldo and rooney....are u a manc in disguise??? lol
no rooney is a major talent im not doubting that, I just think you are being a little eurocentric when you arent giving the credit to south american players, I am a big boca juniors fan and I watch a lot of their games and when Tevez was with Boca he was incredible with them, he was the same in corinthians in brazil, and he was was the reason why west ham stayed up this year. he was the best player in south america for 3 years so it was inevitable he would end up in Europe like the best south american players do, Rooney just happens to be from Europe so he is there already, Tevez is more skilful than rooney and has the ability to be one of the best players in european football the same as he proved to be in South America from 2003 to 2006.
As for ronaldo? .........I just dont like him and I think he is overrated........ but thats just my opinion for what it is worth.
Pedro Maradona
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:20 am

[quote="Pedro Maradona"][/quote]
yeah i agree with Pedro Maradona that tevez is more skillful than rooney... his finishing skill is more natural and intelligent than rooney... on top of that he's a free kick specialist too... so I kinda fail to see how rooney has more natural talent than tevez that LFC2007 suggested...

however I do agree that skills alone does not make a better player... rooney has intensity, drive, strength as well as pace which makes him a tremendous player...but I believe that tevez has the same qualities...

this is now debatable just because rooney has improved tremendously since joining man u under ferguson... and so did ronaldo... previously they were a bit of one-trick ponies IMO... rooney just knew how to run at defence and wack the ball into the net...he did not have intelligent finishing skills like owen... where as ronaldo did his countless cross-overs and always fail to spot a team mate in a better position... I remember early last season I was thinking how overated ronaldo was...

I think right now rooney seems better to alot of ppl just because he's playing in the premier league and in man u... if tevez played in a similar high profile league he would be just as tremendous if not more... and not to mention rooney was an early bloomer... this does not mean that tevez is a lesser player than rooney... look at van nistelrooy... if nothing early bloomers are in danger of burning out early (see owen) ...in that aspect I don't like the trend of embracing and hyping young talents too early... ppl are always looking out for the next owen or rooney... not really good for the players themselves... I know great players cannot be held back like pele, brazilian ronaldo, maradona who all were at the world cup very young... but owen was not one of them... rooney is not either until he can single handedly win the world cup for england...

If tevez goes on to sign for another big club and was successful I would regret not paying 30 million for him (If he was available to us with that amount)...
Image
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8202
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Postby babu » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:16 am

crillylfc wrote:well rick parry as screw up the chances of gettin him anyway!!

you need to be banned.
Image



                                   *    *    *    *    *
User avatar
babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 3825
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:28 pm
Location: Malaysia

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!