Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:32 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 pm wrote:No one is gonna pay £20m for Origi and then gonna pay him £100k a week. He's a £10m player who should be on £60k a week contract max. By us giving him the new contact after his champions league heroics we've cost ourselves the chance of ever selling him.

Then you've got Shaqiri who just vanishes mid-season with no answers to where he is.. he can't string 5 games together without being injured. He's another player on a massive wage that we are never going to get rid of.

The fact that these 2 need to be sold for us to bring anyone in.. basically means our summer transfer window is already over.

I think it's pretty obvious we'll accept less than £20mil for Origi. That's our starting price but I'm guessing we'd accept something that would add up to £15 with add ons. And I don't think he's on £100k a week.

Shaqiri's got a good profile but clubs will be put off by his injury record over the last 2 years. But at £15mil you would be getting a steal if you can get 30 starts out of him in the league.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:48 pm

I dont understand why we are holding out for fees that we wont get and refuse to sell the player till we do. Origi and Shaq will contribute fook all this season so having them here is actually hampering us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:48 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

Origi is on 60k a week, Shaq 80k.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:32 pm

Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal
No Xherdan Shaqiri or Nat Phillips in the Liverpool squad tonight. Both have been strongly linked with moves away.

Nothing imminent, I'm told, but certainly a sense that something will happen, and club have decided not to take the risk with those two tonight.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:32 pm

David Lynch
@dmlynch
#LFC have received an approach from Lyon for Xherdan Shaqiri. Told the two clubs are still “a long way apart” on valuation but talks ongoing. Liverpool keen to recoup a figure in the region of the £13m they paid Stoke in 2018.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:34 pm

https://twitter.com/2sporten/status/1425080400649543684

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... g-21285451

Jurgen Klopp speaks out over Liverpool transfer plans and names 14 players in squad hint

Jurgen Klopp has been speaking about potential new transfer business at Liverpool, as well as the plan to extend the contracts of the current members of the squad

Jurgen Klopp appears to have hinted that Liverpool will not sign any more players until some leave the club.

The Reds have added Ibrahima Konate to their squad for the new campaign, strengthening the centre-back department which was a problem area with injuries last term.

Despite the addition of Konate, Liverpool continue to be linked with a host of potentially more new additions before the August 31 deadline.

A replacement for Gini Wijnaldum in midfield has been rumoured, while there is also talk of a possible new forward being brought in.

However, with just a few days until the Premier League season gets underway, Liverpool have still only made one signing this summer.

In an interview with Norwegian outlet TV2 , Klopp has hinted that in order for any more new faces to arrive, some current members of the squad may need to depart.

“It is summer and the transfer window is open, then everyone expects some player signings. We will see what happens,” said Klopp.

“Let’s go through the squad. Do you want to buy a new fullback? A new goalkeeper? We already have good players there.”

“In midfield, we have players with a lot of experience, such as Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita. In addition, we have exciting young boys in Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones.

“In the attack, we have Sadio Mané, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah, Diogo Jota, Xherdan Shaqiri, Takumi Minamino and Divock Origi.

“I’ve definitely forgotten someone… If you want to buy such players, you have to spend a lot of money. We do not have to do that, because the players are already here.

“You have to make changes from time to time, but then there must be room to do it. We do not want more players. If something happens somewhere, something can happen somewhere else, but it makes no sense to add more players.”

Aside from bringing in Konate, Liverpool have also extended the contracts of several key players in the squad.

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho and Alisson Becker have all put pen to paper on fresh terms in recent days.

The trio join Adrian, Caoimhin Kelleher and Harvey Elliott as players who have signed up to new deals so far this summer.

Liverpool will now continue to push forward on new deals for Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson and Sadio Mane, although preliminary talks with skipper Jordan Henderson have so far proven less than fruitful.

Speaking about the new contracts, Klopp says that keeping the best players at the club is a challenge.

“The transfer market has been interesting,” Klopp said. “We have tried to extend contracts with key players in the club, something we are still going to try on.

“Some clubs have a different approach, which is seen from the outside, perhaps more exciting, but extending contracts with good players is a challenge in itself in today’s football.”
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:00 am

I'm a little bit concerned. I've heard players and the club come out and say we have the same team that dominated the league 2 years ago so we'll be fine this year.

We've got the same team? Yes. But United, City, and Chelsea don't have the same teams, they are far stronger allover because they've invested massively to challenge for the title.

We've got the same team? Yes. And the opposition knows this, and they know exactly how we play because they will have studied. It showed last season how predictable we were becoming and the lack of plan B we had.

If we don't sign a no9 or a CM before the window closes.. I think we'll be in for another long season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:09 am

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-alisson-fabinho-firmino-availability-24769940

Looks like we will lose players on multiple occasions due to internationals and quarantine laws throughout the season
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Looks like we've reached a agreement with Lyon for Shaqiri. The price quoted is £9.5m.

It's good buisness in terms of having to move players on before we can buy players.

Good luck to Shaq, hope it works out for him there.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Think he's worth more than that but at least he's off the wage bill. Hopefully we can sell Origi in the coming days as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:29 pm

Shaq has barely been fit these past 2 seasons so I think that's reflected in the fee. If Lyon can keep him fit that will be a bargain for them. Elliott takes his place in the squad do don't think we need a direct replacement. But if Origi does end up leaving you'd think we'd bring someone in.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:31 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... 375487.amp

Yeah looks like he is off finally. Best move for both parties as it wasnt working out for him here.

It looks like a win win for us as well because we already have his replacement so will save the wages on top of the transfer fee  :buttrock

I reckon we might still bring someone in but it will be a young kid, doubt we will spend big on someone at this stage so the rest of the window will probably be spent loaning players to trim the squad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Even if we sell Origi I don't think we'll sign anyone. We already have Jota/Firmino, Elliot and Minamino as back-ups, even Ox is here if need be. I'd like a bit more quality as back-up but I doubt the club would feel that it's worth investing in.

If not buying anyone now means that we're saving for next summer when we'll likely need a new midfielder and, more importantly, replacing one of our aging main forwards with a top young player then I'm all for it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:19 pm

We have plenty of options with versatility but if Origi left too I think we'd be a little short on numbers. Nat Philips will hopefully get his move and doesn't need replacing but if Origi goes too I'd expect an attacker to come in to compliment Firmino, Jota, Salah, Mane, and Minamino. Jarrod Bowen of West Ham has been mentioned before and I think he's got the exact sort of profile we'd be looking at. Similar to Jota.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:45 am

I hope we don’t have a Lovren situation with Gini leaving. When Lovren left he was not replaced with the assumption that we had young cover coming through yet last year we saw that he should have been replaced, I see a similar situation with Gini not being replaced. I know we have cover but Keita and Ox are both injury concerns and you can add Hendo to that list, Elliott is untested over the course of a season and Milner is 35 (oh yes, and Shaq is leaving).  It seems reckless to wait until we have an injury crisis like last year before we replace Gini and it is almost certain to happen this season. Waiting until next year to save a few bob on a midfielder might be something we my regret.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill