Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:46 am

Eagle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:34 am wrote:
kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:02 am wrote:Looks like we will make more money on the sale of Luis Alberto and Coutinho who both look certain to leave their clubs, could be an extra 10-15 million.

Don't think we has any sell on fee for Countinho? We did for Ings though.

You are correct, if he plays ten more games for Barcelona then they owe us 18 million so they want to sell him, not sure someone will match his wages though. Alberto however has not reported to training and wants to move on, we do have a sell on clause with him and he is rated in Italy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:59 am

kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:46 am wrote:
Eagle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:34 am wrote:
kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:02 am wrote:Looks like we will make more money on the sale of Luis Alberto and Coutinho who both look certain to leave their clubs, could be an extra 10-15 million.

Don't think we has any sell on fee for Countinho? We did for Ings though.

You are correct, if he plays ten more games for Barcelona then they owe us 18 million so they want to sell him, not sure someone will match his wages though. Alberto however has not reported to training and wants to move on, we do have a sell on clause with him and he is rated in Italy.

I think that turned out to be untrue. This is from the Echo in December.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... a-19503754

Liverpool bank entire £142m Philippe Coutinho transfer fee from Barcelona

The Reds sold the Brazil star to Barca in January 2018 in a deal which made the attacking midfielder the third most expensive player in history at the time.

The deal negotiated with the La Liga giants - which saw sporting director Michael Edwards secure a clause that prevented Barca from returning for any more players until 2020 - was worth an initial £106m with a further £36m of add-ons.

Back in August, the Reds were just £4.4m away from receiving the full fee for Coutinho from Barcelona and the ECHO understood the final installment was due to be paid when certain appearance-based milestones were met with Barca themselves.

There is much talk emerging around the amount of money Barcelona are still to pay Liverpool for Coutinho, after a report from Spanish outlet Sport today claimed the Reds would be handed another £18m should the playmaker reach 100 games for the Camp Nou outfit.

However, Liverpool are paid £4.4m (€5m) for every 15 appearances made with Barca, meaning the Reds have now banked £26.4m for the 90 matches Coutinho has played.

For every time Barcelona qualify for the quarter-finals of the Champions League, the Reds would be given a payment of £4.4m, meaning they have earned near £9m over the past two seasons too.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Fair enough, seems more realistic
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:11 am

The Coutinho deal will possibly go down in footballing history as an incredible piece of negotiation. Amazing to think that some very narrow minded individuals actually still refer to our owners as idiots. Yes they have got things wrong but the mistakes pale into insignificance compared to the success they have brought to the club. Liverpool possibly got the best out out of Coutinho however it also has to be remembered that he won nothing during his time at Liverpool and he was an integral part of the team.

Coutinho’s stats both for Barca and Bayern, where he collected a lot of silverware, are very good all things considered -https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/philippe-coutinho/leistungsdaten/spieler/80444 - Should we take a chance if he is available for £20m? It is an interesting thought……
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Looks like United have signed Sancho for £73m and are on the verge of signing Varane aswell.

City have been given the green light to sign both Kane and Grealish.

And then theres us.. looking at Bowen and Neto. We finished way behind City last year and we lost Gini who played 90% of last season. We need to atleast buy a player to start in that midfield otherwise we're never gonna bridge that gap.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:04 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 pm wrote:Looks like United have signed Sancho for £73m and are on the verge of signing Varane aswell.

City have been given the green light to sign both Kane and Grealish.

And then theres us.. looking at Bowen and Neto. We finished way behind City last year and we lost Gini who played 90% of last season. We need to atleast buy a player to start in that midfield otherwise we're never gonna bridge that gap.

Surely you aren’t believe the rag thah is the S@n ?! That’s  who is starting the Kane story , City aren’t going to spend over £250 mil on two players

Utd have always spent big - means nothing when their manager is Sh*t

We finished way behind due to the horrific level of injuries we suffered

And Neto is superb - did you dismiss Jota when we signed him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:20 pm

That's another who had no future here out of the door. There's been a need to clear the decks of players who Klopp doesn't really use for a while now so it's good to see it finally happening.

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
·
22m
Harry Wilson has left Liverpool’s training camp in Austria to conclude £12m move to Fulham.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pm

I understand why the club wanted something closer to £20m for both Grujic and Wilson, but I'm glad we decided to sell them for less since that kind of offer never came. Anyway, good luck to both of them.

I think we've covered the purchase of Konate with player sales so far, and we still have a few more we need to sell. Shaq/Origi, Minamino, Karius, Ojo and Woodburn need to go as well, and I'd also cash in on Neco and Phillips if good offers arrive. If by some miracle we sell all of them we'll have enough money for a quality signing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:15 pm

Apparently we've had a £86m bid rejected for Chiesa. Looks like we are trying to get a marquee signing afterall.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:54 pm

That lad looks different class... Would love to see him here.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:13 am

Eh, how?
Chiesa was just bought by Juventus for 65 million. Why would they sell him?
The time to buy him was when he was still in Fiorentina
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:49 pm

I don't think Juve have bought him yet. They had him on a £3m loan last year and this year he's on loan for £7m with the option to buy for £50m after the loan is complete.

I'm not sure who actually owns him outright with the loan contracts and stuff.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:17 pm

In any event, if we are really planning to spend that sort of money on a new forward, one of our current main forwards must be near the exit door.

Chiesa would be a good young replacement for anyone, but I doubt Juve would be looking to sell him at all, if they do own him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:25 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/federic ... ler/341092

Says there that he is only on loan from Fiorentina so at the moment he isnt Juves to sell.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Baring another injury disaster, I’m pretty confident the squad we have now will challenge for the title. Numbers wise we are ok and we have cover in all areas thanks to the signing of Konate. The key exits are probably Shaqiri and Origi which will free up wages and 2 non-home grown spots. With those 2 exits I think we’d look to bring in an attacker and a midfielder rather than 2 attackers due the number of injuries we pick up in midfield. Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw another left field signing like Jota that no one has mentioned before. Also Klopp does like a signing from the PL so wouldn’t surprise me if we ended up with someone like Bissouma for midfield. I don’t think we’ll see a “marquee” signing as I think Klopp has his best 11 at the club already. I think we’ll go big in the transfer market once he is ready to reduce the influence of one of his regulars or one of them wants to move on.

Man City haven’t bought anyone in yet and have lost Sergio Aguero and Eric Garcia. Not sure I get the Jack Grealish rumour. I can’t see them spending north of £80mil on a player who wouldn’t be an improvement on the options they already have. Personally I think it’s just his agent using the press to put pressure on Villa to give him a bigger deal. As they’ve lost Aguero, I can see City going in hard for Kane but it’s a tough deal to do. He’s got 3 years on his contract and Levy isn’t going to do him any favours unless that money can be used to bring in a couple of really good players but Spurs are not an attractive proposition right now without a high profile manager and no Champions League football.

Jadon Sancho is the only player who Man Utd have bought in. The fee isn’t too bad although the reported wage and agent fee are both pretty high. But Sancho is real quality and they’ve done well bringing him in. They are trying to get Varane in but it wouldn’t surprise me if he turns into an expensive flop. He doesn’t seem to be at the level he was a few years ago and instead of stepping up as Ramos’ influence declined he struggled. They’ve got a decision to make on Pogba. Looks like he is winding his contract down so try and cash in now or keep one of your best players for the season and let him go on a free next summer.

Chelsea have been quite so far after a busy summer last season. They’ve let Billy Gilmour go on loan for the season, got rid of Giroud, and got decent fees for Tomori and Guehi. So it might be that they are trying to slim down a bloated squad before adding anyone.
Last edited by Eagle on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill