Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:47 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... 215819.amp

Delighted they signed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 687947.amp

Shaqiri to Lazio for free  :laugh:  surely we can get a deferred payment or loan fee for him. Anything is better than nothing.

Ings to Villa for 30mil apparently and there is talk about Southampton coming in for Origi.

We need a striker, not another winger or youth gamble. A player who can get 20 a season. Dont think we will concede many this season but we need to score more than we do.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:57 pm

Crazy to let Shaq go for free, we'd be better off keeping him than doing that, yes he's inconsistent but he's a quality player who can unlock defences other players can't.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:46 pm

Apparently Grealish to Man City is a done deal. Fee is reportedly 100m.
Don't think him (or Kane for that matter) will be game changers the way say a Harland or Mbappe would have been. Don't get me wrong Grealish is a good player but so are the likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo-Silva etc who he'll be competing with for a shirt. Easy to forget now but Mahrez basically led Leicester to the title.
Grealish will end up as a £100m squad player imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:11 pm

I think it said that Pep has now spent £968m at City since 2016. I think Grealish is a good player.. but like you say players like Sterling, Foden, Silva and Mahrez are better established players.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:22 am

Well, it gives city more options and considering injuries and probably 60-70 games to play you can field a strong team any game.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:48 am

Penguins » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:22 am wrote:Well, it gives city more options and considering injuries and probably 60-70 games to play you can field a strong team any game.

Of course their squad depth will be even more ridiculous next season and don't get me wrong Kane will no doubt score an absolute shedload next year given the sheer amount of chances City create it's just that given City's wealth and power added to the fact that the clubs who have traditionally attracted the world's best players like Real, Barca and Juventus are all skint not to mention UEFA relaxing the FFP rules we could have easily been looking at a scenario where they signed genuine game changers like Mbappe or Harland or even both.
A couple of signings like that would have set them up for a decade of dominance both home and abroad and whilst Grealish and Kane are clearly good players they are not on that scale.
The premier league is where it's at atm, no other league can compete financially and it's main rival Spain is in tatters, they can't even get itv3 to buy the rights to show Spanish footy never mind major players like Sky or BT, given City are the best team in the most powerful league in the world and arguably the richest club on the face of the planet to boot imo we have got off lightly with Grealish and Kane. Could have easily been much, much worse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:37 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:46 pm wrote:Apparently Grealish to Man City is a done deal. Fee is reportedly 100m.
Don't think him (or Kane for that matter) will be game changers the way say a Harland or Mbappe would have been. Don't get me wrong Grealish is a good player but so are the likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo-Silva etc who he'll be competing with for a shirt. Easy to forget now but Mahrez basically led Leicester to the title.
Grealish will end up as a £100m squad player imo.

Never really understood the Grealish links as for me he doesn't get in their starting 11. But clearly if they're spending £100mil on him Pep is going to use him regularly and it's been rumoured that City want to offload a couple from Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, and Bernardo Silva. Still not really that worried about Grealish but will be interesting to see how Pep tries to use him.

Aguero's influence has been declining and went to all but zero last year so I do think Kane could make a big difference to them.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Snippet from a recent Q&A with James Pearce of The Athletic.

What is the plan with Ben Davies? Will they loan/sell him and sell Nat Phillips too? Seems like that would leave us short on centre-backs again. (Mike E)

Now Van Dijk and Gomez are back, Liverpool are prepared to let Davies leave. Last week they rejected an initial loan offer from Sheffield United, who wanted an option to buy him next summer. He’s also attracting interest from Celtic and Bournemouth.

As for Phillips, he’s available for around £12 million to £15 million. There have been plenty of enquiries but no firm offers to my knowledge. Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton have all been in contact. If there’s an offer in the coming weeks which is right for the club and right for the player, Liverpool won’t stand in his way. If not, Klopp will happily keep him as back-up.

Personally, I’d like to see Phillips stay put but, if not, Klopp still has Rhys Williams and Billy Koumetio as well as his four frontline senior centre-backs which should be sufficient.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Snippet from a recent Q&A with James Pearce of The Athletic.

Is the Wolves offer for Origi real or made up by internet ITKs? (Aman S)

In 2019 Origi signed a new long-term contract. Do you know how long it is and how would that influence the club’s valuation? (Ching Yat C)

Any update on Shaqiri and Origi potentially leaving? (Calum)

I was told this week that talk of Wolves bidding £10 million for Origi was utter nonsense. He’s someone they have pursued previously but there’s been no recent approach. Wolves actually agreed a £22 million fee with Liverpool in 2018 but the player didn’t want to go there. Origi’s current deal runs until 2024. Liverpool are open to offers. Back in January they were after £20 million for the Belgium international but I think they would take £15 million now.

Xherdan Shaqiri is keen to leave and Liverpool will grant him his wish if they get a suitable offer. He’s valued at around £12 million. Lazio and Napoli are keen and Michael Edwards has also previously fielded interest from Sevilla and Villarreal.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Lets hope they both go, we've being willing it for some time now...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:12 pm

It's not worth getting rid of players like Origi and Shaqiri if we are not bringing anyone in to replace them, we haven't exactly got the deepest squad as it is, our entire front 3 are pushing 30, the Ox is like Naby i.e made of glass and Jota missed a lot of football last year himself. None of the kids look ready to play 5-10 premier league games on the bounce if needed either.
By getting rid of players and not replacing them we are just weakening ourselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:39 pm

In Klopp/Edwards we trust Yakka! They know what we have to do to mount a credible challenge for the title and surely they learnt a lot during last years injury ridden season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:45 am

The typical Liverpool transfer window.. like watching paint dry.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:25 pm

No one is gonna pay £20m for Origi and then gonna pay him £100k a week. He's a £10m player who should be on £60k a week contract max. By us giving him the new contact after his champions league heroics we've cost ourselves the chance of ever selling him.

Then you've got Shaqiri who just vanishes mid-season with no answers to where he is.. he can't string 5 games together without being injured. He's another player on a massive wage that we are never going to get rid of.

The fact that these 2 need to be sold for us to bring anyone in.. basically means our summer transfer window is already over.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:12 pm wrote:It's not worth getting rid of players like Origi and Shaqiri if we are not bringing anyone in to replace them, we haven't exactly got the deepest squad as it is, our entire front 3 are pushing 30, the Ox is like Naby i.e made of glass and Jota missed a lot of football last year himself. None of the kids look ready to play 5-10 premier league games on the bounce if needed either.
By getting rid of players and not replacing them we are just weakening ourselves.

I don't think we'll by a direct replacement for Shaqiri. Last summer Elliot was only allowed to go out on loan at the last minute because the transfer Shaqiri had lined up fell through. They are almost like for like with being left footed attackers who are not really suited to going one on one in the wide areas or trying to get in behind but can open teams up with a pass or a bit of skill. Shaqiri has barely been fit these past 2 years so Elliot will probably prove to be more useful.

We have our main 4, and then you add Elliot, it probably only leaves space for 2 more attackers. Assuming that Shaqiri is replaced by Elliot, then a exit for Origi or Minamino could only really happen if we're brining someone in. It's big Div who is the one we are probably hoping can find a move so we can bring in a replacement.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill