Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:12 am

It’s not value, it’s a monopoly and the sooner they fix that corrupt system, the sooner football can move on for the benefit of the fans. Players moving every couple of years to extortionately fill an agent’s pockets will be the death of football loyalty. I stopped putting player names on my son’s jersey as they kept moving.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am

Big money flowing into the game has never really bothered me too much as I’ve always seen it as a supply and demand thing and we were once the big hitter financially in England. But there is something a little sad about Messi ending up at Qatar FC and Ronaldo looking like he’ll end up at Abu Dhabi FC. I honestly think a country using us for sportswashing and a dick waging exercise is something I’d struggle to get onboard with.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Ronaldo back to United. They've really gone hard this transfer window, showing real ambition. If we finish behind United this season I will be sick to my stomach. We are one or 2 good players from dominating this league... but we're standing around, saving money all while our rivals are getting stronger.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Ronaldo will guarantee them goals that is a fact, he is a freak and still can perform on the high level. I don't know how Ole will play this side though, Cavani as a fringe? It will be interesting to see what happens when Pogba and Ronaldo Ego's clash.
Will Ronaldo get them success? Time will tell on how well he performs I guess. To be fair a 36 yr old Ronaldo is better than them having Kane, for us and rivals.

United will be a lot stronger this season and If Ole can get him and Sancho cracking with Varane solidifying the back line they will compete for the title.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:55 pm

Hope he fails the medical or gets a better offer to go to PSG !!.

Think they have a really good chance of seriously challenging now.  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 pm

All depends if they click well as a unit, I think they are weak in the middle though. they need a Fabinho type player. If Verane has a strong impact and commands the backline and Ronaldo, Sancho and co get scoring, United will challenge without a doubt.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:16 am

Ronaldo turns 37 halfway through the season so as great as he has undoubtedly been that's seriously getting on for a top flight footballer. He may start the season well but I'd be astonished if he has a title winning impact.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:16 pm wrote:Ronaldo turns 37 halfway through the season so as great as he has undoubtedly been that's seriously getting on for a top flight footballer. He may start the season well but I'd be astonished if he has a title winning impact.

I agree with this, this smells like desperate  short term thinking from ManUre and I hope they implode with all the ego. Juventus wanted to get rid of him and he was willing to go to City or who ever paid his wages. I think you can play in Italy as a 37 year old but the hustle of the PL will expose him as the season progresses. ManUre will pay crazy money for someone that will fade fast. I would have been more worried had they bought an up and coming superstar.

500k per week  ???
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:26 am

Eagle » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 am wrote:Big money flowing into the game has never really bothered me too much as I’ve always seen it as a supply and demand thing and we were once the big hitter financially in England. But there is something a little sad about Messi ending up at Qatar FC and Ronaldo looking like he’ll end up at Abu Dhabi FC. I honestly think a country using us for sportswashing and a dick waging exercise is something I’d struggle to get onboard with.

My issue is less about money in football than these agents throwing the numbers way off with their cut and encouraging players to constantly be leaving merely to line their own pockets. Agents add nothing to football as a game. We need agents to protect the rights of players but the situation has gone out of control to the detriment of the fans. An agent getting 34 million as a commission on one sale is offensive to every one except that agent.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:45 am

kazza » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:26 am wrote:
Eagle » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 am wrote:Big money flowing into the game has never really bothered me too much as I’ve always seen it as a supply and demand thing and we were once the big hitter financially in England. But there is something a little sad about Messi ending up at Qatar FC and Ronaldo looking like he’ll end up at Abu Dhabi FC. I honestly think a country using us for sportswashing and a dick waging exercise is something I’d struggle to get onboard with.

My issue is less about money in football than these agents throwing the numbers way off with their cut and encouraging players to constantly be leaving merely to line their own pockets. Agents add nothing to football as a game. We need agents to protect the rights of players but the situation has gone out of control to the detriment of the fans. An agent getting 34 million as a commission on one sale is offensive to every one except that agent.

Its up to the football authorities to put a cap on the fees an agent can get on a sale and to punish clubs who break the rules. The problem with these fees is that owners with bottomless bank accounts are fueling this horrible trade with agents who are no better than scammers.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:43 pm

The control agents have over the game will never change because there is no will or appetite to do it. They should have been taken to task years ago with the final nail for them being the Pogba transfer to Manure. But no fast forward a few years and here we are again!!.

It's like FFP  :nod  Sounds good but a total load of shyte behind it all.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:49 am

Always seems a poorly placed international break this one, the season has barely started and then it has to stop for 2 weeks? Bad timing imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:49 am wrote:Always seems a poorly placed international break this one, the season has barely started and then it has to stop for 2 weeks? Bad timing imo.

:nod , it's an Effing joke !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:57 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's a bl**dy global pandemic going on and by definition half of all national teams involved will be travelling overseas at any one time? The hypocrisy is staggering.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:04 pm

Reg » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:57 pm wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but there's a bl**dy global pandemic going on and by definition half of all national teams involved will be travelling overseas at any one time? The hypocrisy is staggering.

The clubs aren't allowing players who were scheduled to play a game in red list country to travel mate. They would have had to self isolate on their return to this country which would have meant missing 2-3 games.
It affects a fair few of our players, Mo is one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill