Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:46 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:06 pm wrote:
Penguins wrote:Gini is 100% more of a Klopp player.
Thiago is a low energy, injury prone player pushing 30 which increases the risk for even more injuries.

Is he that injury prone ?. Heard a few mention it at this stage.

We have gambled in the past on players with ridiculous injury records and it hasn't paid off. Ox and Shaq have been massive let downs since they signed due to being constantly injured.

He missed a total 9 games through injury last season, 7 the season before that, and 19 the season before that. So not really as bad as has been made out.

Oh and he's definitely not "low energy"!
Eagle

Postby Penguins » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Eagle » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:46 pm wrote:
Thiago is a low energy, injury prone player pushing 30 which increases the risk for even more injuries.

We have gambled in the past on players with ridiculous injury records and it hasn't paid off. Ox and Shaq have been massive let downs since they signed due to being constantly injured.

He missed a total 9 games through injury last season, 7 the season before that, and 19 the season before that. So not really as bad as has been made out.

Well, he has looked lazy when I've seen him. Not the kind of midfielder Klopp seem to like.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 am

Eagle wrote:

That's not to bad in fairness. Thought it was worse than that from some of the stuff I read. I didn't think he was low energy either from some of the games I have seen him play.

Whatever we are doing here needs to happen quickly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:09 am

Nat Phillips apparently close to the exit door and Wilson won't be loaned out. They will only consider a sale if their valuation is met.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... k-18865841
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... n-18868198

Phillips could have played in the cups and if needed as 4th choice which now looks like that will fall on Fabinho. Would be disappointed as well if Wilson is sold because he is a much better option than origi and Minamino imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:00 am

7_Kewell » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm wrote:Looks like Gini's head's been turned. If he wants to go then sell. He's been a good player and hard worker. No point holding on to him and losing him for nothing in the summer.

The only complaint I ever heard Gini make about the club or Klopp is when he doesn’t play. Maybe he feels he should be playing every minute like Salah and VVD... just a thought.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:55 am

I was reading somewhere else that according to multiple sources (Daily Mail, Chris Bascombe etc) the club have told Gini’s representatives that he won’t be offered a new contract when his current deal runs out next year.
If all that is true (big if I know) then maybe a lot of this stuff about Gini going to Barca has come from Gini’s end in an effort to force the clubs hand.
I was reading as well that the reason we haven’t been splashing the cash lately isnt just because of the furlough thing but because we are using the money to pay for infrastructure projects like the new training ground in Kirkby, payments off the new main stand etc.
You get all sorts of rumours this time of the year I suppose.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:37 pm

Speaking during The Athletic’s Red Agenda podcast, Pearce said on Thiago: “Of course there’s interest [In Thiago], he’s such an elite performer that in normal circumstances Liverpool would go against their usual way of spending money, that kind of money on a 29 y/o who’s a free agent next summer.”

“I’m just not sure we would see any scenario that Thiago comes in without anyone going out the other way.”

On Wijnaldum he added: “Wijnaldum couldn’t agree on a deal last season, there are no active talks at the moment.

“He hasn’t done anything to push for a move so far, Liverpool are not actively looking to sell but you got the Koeman factor at Barcelona we know how close they are…”

Pearce’s colleague Simon Hughes also weighed in on the matter claiming that problems contractually stem from both Liverpool and Wijnaldum unable to agree on the length of a contract extension.

Hughes said: “The player [Wijnaldum] is at a a tricky age to be negotiating for, he’s 29. From what I was told the player wanted 4 years, and the contract that he’s being offered is a bit shorter than that.”

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:46 pm

I really don't see why we couldn't offer him his desired length, he'd be 33 when it ends and that's not too much. Milner is 34 and has 2 more years on his contract.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:16 pm

damjan193 wrote:I really don't see why we couldn't offer him his desired length, he'd be 33 when it ends and that's not too much. Milner is 34 and has 2 more years on his contract.

Yeah I agree. He has earned it in fairness and if we signed Thiago we would probably have to give him a deal to bring him to 33 anyway.

I really don't see why we couldn't offer him his desired length

That bit made me chuckle though  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:03 am

Hahaha yeah, bad wording :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:37 am

damjan193 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:46 pm wrote: Milner is 34 and has 2 more years on his contract.

Yeah but Milner is fitter than Chuck Norris.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:56 am

Reg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:37 am wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:46 pm wrote: Milner is 34 and has 2 more years on his contract.

Yeah but Milner is fitter than Chuck Norris.

Yeah, so am I , (Chuck Norris is 80 !  :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Liverpool 'scared off' by Adama Traore asking-price

Liverpool are closely monitoring Adama Traore's situation at Wolves according to reports in Italy, hoping his £63m asking-price is lowered.
Calciomercato claim the Reds, Man City and Juventus are all interested in the winger, but have been scared off by Wolves' demands.
However, agent Jorge Mendes is said to be trying to engineer a move for his client and get his asking-price lowered as a result.
++

Give them Brewster +20m ?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Reg » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:48 pm wrote:Liverpool 'scared off' by Adama Traore asking-price

Liverpool are closely monitoring Adama Traore's situation at Wolves according to reports in Italy, hoping his £63m asking-price is lowered.
Calciomercato claim the Reds, Man City and Juventus are all interested in the winger, but have been scared off by Wolves' demands.
However, agent Jorge Mendes is said to be trying to engineer a move for his client and get his asking-price lowered as a result.
++

Give them Brewster +20m ?

Pull out all the stops - if it takes a a player + 30-40m I would still go for this, keep Gini and forget Alcantera (We are stocked in MF).

If we get Traore to rotate with the front 3 /as a plan B against stubborn opposition we win the league again IMO.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill