Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:40 am

A few noises in the rumour mill at the moment. Harry Wilson seems to be edging towards a move to Leeds. Some mid table interest in Grujic. Plenty of interest in Brewster both perm and on loan. We might keep Wijnaldum regardless of if he signs a new contract or not.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:55 am

Looks like we have been linked with a £23m move for Belgium wonderkid Jeremy Doku. Apparently we approached him when he was 15. He was shown around the training facilities by Klopp and Gerrard and even Mane came in to try and presuade him to move here.

He was worried about not breaking the first team and decided not to join.

Now at 18 he's just broke into the national team and scored a cracking goal last week. He's alot like Mane, he slows the play down, then accelerates and leaves players for dead. I'd prefer this kid over Adama who I  thinks a one trick pony and massively overpriced.

Also can we just get Thiago already and stop messing about with the couple of millions.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:40 am wrote:A few noises in the rumour mill at the moment. Harry Wilson seems to be edging towards a move to Leeds. Some mid table interest in Grujic. Plenty of interest in Brewster both perm and on loan. We might keep Wijnaldum regardless of if he signs a new contract or not.

I don't think Brewster, Grujic or Wilson have a future here. All three will go before the window shuts.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:08 am

Mbappe has told PSG he wants to leave at the end of the season. Let's break the bank!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:28 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:08 pm wrote:Mbappe has told PSG he wants to leave at the end of the season. Let's break the bank!!

Maybe that's what we've been saving for all this time  :lookaround
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Mbappe  :D  How many player's would have to be sold to make that happen. He'd have no one left to play with  :laugh: .

Anyway apparently Origi has held talks with Fenerbahce about a loan move with the option to buy for €15 mil. They pay his full wage and a loan fee.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 am

I'm a little bit worried.. If Origi goes are we going to sign a replacement? Or is Klopp putting his trust in Brewster?

Klopp has apparently said he's going to use Gruijic as cover instead of paying £30m for Thiago..

I know Klopp will always defend what happens with the club and never throw anyone under the bus.. But I did find it worrying that he wanted Werner and the reason we didn't get him is because the board wouldn't give him the money.

Since winning the UCL we've not signed one player to improve the starting 11.. And it's becoming frustrating because players openly want to join us. We are not capitalising on being the best team in the world, and when teams catch us up we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm

I highly doubt we will get Thiago because I feel Wijnaldum will end up staying.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm

We’ve invested precisely £7.5m in the squad since 2018 .....  I think it’s far less than any other PL club or indeed any top club in Europe ...  :help
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Brewster can't be a replacement for Origi if he's near the exit door as well. Apparently we're in talks with Palace and Sheffield United over his transfer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Reg » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm wrote:We’ve invested precisely £7.5m in the squad since 2018 .....  I think it’s far less than any other PL club or indeed any top club in Europe ...  :help

We bought Tsimikas as well as Minamino?

Even then we are heading for a huge fall off our perch if we carry on like this.

All our main rivals have signed or are looking to sign real quality. Standing still as we have so far is not an option it just isn't  :no
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Chelsea are the only ones who have done any business of significance so far. We've bought in Tsimikas, Man City have bought in Ake and Torres, Man Utd have bought in van de Beek, Leicester have bought in Castagne, Spurs have bought in Hojbjerg and Doherty. Nothing particularly threatening outside of Chelsea. Still 3 weeks of the window to go so plenty of opportunities for us and other clubs to add.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:23 pm

I think we'd be open to offers for Origi, Shaqiri and Brewster. But if sensible offers are not forthcoming there isn't much the club can do. We only need 2 players to join Minamino in supporting/challenging the front 3. Selling 2 of the 3 mentioned (in addition to Wilson) and bringing someone in is probably what the club would like to do in an ideal world.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Eagle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 pm wrote:Chelsea are the only ones who have done any business of significance so far. We've bought in Tsimikas, Man City have bought in Ake and Torres, Man Utd have bought in van de Beek, Leicester have bought in Castagne, Spurs have bought in Hojbjerg and Doherty. Nothing particularly threatening outside of Chelsea. Still 3 weeks of the window to go so plenty of opportunities for us and other clubs to add.

Everton have done decent business, their new look MF certainly looked the part on Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Over the last 2 years..

United -
Van De Beek
Maguire
Wan Bissaka
James
Fernandes

City -
Ake
Torres
Rodrigo
Cancelo

Chelsea -
Kovacic
Havertz
Ziyech
Werner
Sarr
Silva
Chilwell

Spurs -
Hojbjerg
Lo-Celso
Doherty
Bergwijn
Sessignon
Ndombelle

Arsenal -
Gabriel
Willian
Pepe
Tierney
Saliba
Luiz

Liverpool -
Tsmiskas
Minamino
Van den berg

Now that is the scary reality.. While our rivals are strengthening, we are once again standing still.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill