Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 am

It’s clear that for Klopp Clyne was at best 4th choice RB - he wasn’t playing , one start in the league in about 18 months , a lot of times not even in the squad

It’s funny how a player suddenly becomes something he clearly wasn’t just because he leaves
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:08 am wrote:It’s clear that for Klopp Clyne was at best 4th choice RB - he wasn’t playing , one start in the league in about 18 months , a lot of times not even in the squad

It’s funny how a player suddenly becomes something he clearly wasn’t just because he leaves

Come on Lallana. Clyne was a good back-up player. I think what everyone is saying is that HE SHOULD have played more games, and he should have been here to provide the much needed cover for our injured right backs. IMO, had we kept him and played him against Leicester instead of Hendo we might have won that game.

Like mags said, I don't mind not signing anyone during the transfer window, real life isn't football manager, but letting Clyne go at this stage of the season was bloody ridiculous, even you should agree with that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:48 am

Really ? Henderson did nothing wrong in the last game and what exactly would Clyne have added ? He isn’t great going forward - he wasn’t in the managers plans
and that’s clear from about 12 months now

The manager clearly feels he is going to get more from what he has in the squad - TAA , Milner , Camacho etc - lots of options
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:23 pm

It's not what Clyne would have done but rather what your favorite player Henderson would have if he was played where he always plays. We lacked control in midfield and IMO that's where we lost the game, had Hendo played there along with the other two I think we would have done better. But since we lacked a proper back-up RB, we played Hendo there who has probably never played in that position before, and more importantly, by doing so we disrupted the balance of our midfiled by being forced to play two players that have never played together in a midfield of two.

Regardless of this game, Clyne should have stayed and played, I'd rather have players playing in their natural position than play Milner everywhere. And before you say it, YES, I know that that's what the manager wanted, that's pretty obvious mate and I don't know why you repeat the same thing to everyone, we all know it. The debate is whether it's the right call or not.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Gray was going past Henderson like he wasn't there, not Henderson's fault, he's not a right back.
To try and make out that Clyne wouldn't be an upgrade on Milner and Henderson at RB is laughable, to be fair though we don't know what's gone on behind the scene's, apparently it was Clyne himself who pretty much demanded to go out on loan and there have been one or two suggestions of a fall out, if so then you always have to back the manager in those circumstances or else you end up with a dressing room like Chelsea's where the players call the shots and put a shift in when they feel like it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:16 pm

damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:08 am wrote:It’s clear that for Klopp Clyne was at best 4th choice RB - he wasn’t playing , one start in the league in about 18 months , a lot of times not even in the squad

Come on Lallana. Clyne was a good back-up player. I think what everyone is saying is that HE SHOULD have played more games, and he should have been here to provide the much needed cover for our injured right backs. IMO, had we kept him and played him against Leicester instead of Hendo we might have won that game.

Like mags said, I don't mind not signing anyone during the transfer window, real life isn't football manager, but letting Clyne go at this stage of the season was bloody ridiculous, even you should agree with that.

"Like mags said, I don't mind not signing anyone during the transfer window, real life isn't football manager, but letting Clyne go at this stage of the season was bloody ridiculous, even you should agree with that."

:buttrock  Some voices of reason  at last .

However some may want to denigrate Clynes ability, pointing out his lack of appearances etc etc

The truth is he's a first class full back  :kungfu:

Better in the RB position than anybody else currently available  :kungfu:

I'll accept that he's not part of Jurgens longer term "plan" and we should let the fella go BUT NOT MID f*cking SEASON !

With tiredness creeping into the squad and injuries racking up, why the f'ck would you let an accomplished International right back sail out the door ! ?

He may not suit Kloppo's style of play ? He may not have been "fit" for a while BUT given our current situation I'd rather see him at right back than all the other "Botch Jobs" that are being suggested and shoe horned into the role.

As good as it been when at full strength, if we fail to grasp the championship this time around it will be (imo) down to the lack of foresight surrounding our options in defence.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:27 pm

damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 am wrote:It's not what Clyne would have done but rather what your favorite player Henderson would have if he was played where he always plays. We lacked control in midfield and IMO that's where we lost the game, had Hendo played there along with the other two I think we would have done better. But since we lacked a proper back-up RB, we played Hendo there who has probably never played in that position before, and more importantly, by doing so we disrupted the balance of our midfiled by being forced to play two players that have never played together in a midfield of two.

Regardless of this game, Clyne should have stayed and played, I'd rather have players playing in their natural position than play Milner everywhere. And before you say it, YES, I know that that's what the manager wanted, that's pretty obvious mate and I don't know why you repeat the same thing to everyone, we all know it. The debate is whether it's the right call or not.

Have a read through his player thread - not exactly many voices asking for him in the team

In fact there were a few saying he should go

We went through 2 season without him around and in those two seasons we have moved forward with three other players playing at right back before him -  go to thread and no one is asking for him to play

All of a sudden he goes and he suddenly becomes the player we need ?

Some people’s ability level seem to improve when they don’t play
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:58 pm

You're full of Sh*t. (as usual).

Clyne is an accomplished player, irks me when ***** like yourself question his ability .

He may not be the best "fit" for our team but right now his ability would be welcomed by me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Agreed woof. And also Lallana, Clyne was injured for like an year and a half, you can't expect for people to be asking for him to be played during that time period now can you?

Clyne is no world beater and not really fit for our style, but most would agree that they would rather have him play than any other makeshift RB. Personally I was hoping he could get more game time this year as TAA isn't the finished article yet but there you have it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:50 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm wrote:

You're full of Sh*t. (as usual).

Clyne is an accomplished player, irks me when ***** like yourself question his ability .

He may not be the best "fit" for our team but right now his ability would be welcomed by me.

Question his “ability”

The forum is full of people “questioning players ability”

Christ go and look at the Henderson thread and see people “questioning” a players ability - is that not what people do in football - question players ? Have you never said a player isn’t good enough ?

If Clyne was good enough to be in the team why weren’t people asking for him to replace TAA  , he has been fit for long time now yet still people weren’t asking for him to play - even when TAA was out earlier no one asked for Clyne to play and complained when Gomez played instead

No one has said Clyne isn’t a poor player - he just isn’t the attacking right back the manager wants - he doesn’t have enough of the quality the manager wants High the pitch - that’s why the manager let him go
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Once again ,this club retains the proclivity to mystify by letting a golden opportunity  like the transfer window sail by whilst in dire need of defenders.I just cant believe that a RB wasn't brought in after Clyne was allowed to leave ,I mean its alright to say in hindsight we could have retained his services but the fact remains he was the only cover we had for Trent,that alone should have f*cking surely stalled his departure ??? 

So our much highlighted frailty at the back is now once again in question and gives hope to those fighting to pull us back,its just complete madness given the chance to fortify our charge for the title was there to grasp with the window and we strangely deemed playing midfielders out of position as the much better option.

It just f*cking tinpot   :angry:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 pm wrote:Once again ,this club retains the proclivity to mystify by letting a golden opportunity  like the transfer window sail by whilst in dire need of defenders.I just cant believe that a RB wasn't brought in after Clyne was allowed to leave ,I mean its alright to say in hindsight we could have retained his services but the fact remains he was the only cover we had for Trent,that alone should have f*cking surely stalled his departure ??? 

So our much highlighted frailty at the back is now once again in question and gives hope to those fighting to pull us back,its just complete madness given the chance to fortify our charge for the title was there to grasp with the window and we strangely deemed playing midfielders out of position as the much better option.

Clyne wasn’t our only cover for RB

The only time he played was when

TAA , Gomez and Milner were out injured - that makes him 4th choice and Klopp let him go because he also appears to have faith in Camacho -  because they all offer more going forward and to provide the width from the full backs .

Defensively we are still alongside City the strongest in the league - the CB’s and the likes of Henderson and Fabinho are key to covering the full backs when they go forward.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:59 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 pm wrote:Once again ,this club retains the proclivity to mystify by letting a golden opportunity  like the transfer window sail by whilst in dire need of defenders.I just cant believe that a RB wasn't brought in after Clyne was allowed to leave ,I mean its alright to say in hindsight we could have retained his services but the fact remains he was the only cover we had for Trent,that alone should have f*cking surely stalled his departure ??? 

Clyne wasn’t our only cover for RB

The only time he played was when

TAA , Gomez and Milner were out injured - that makes him 4th choice and Klopp let him go because he also appears to have faith in Camacho -  because they all offer more going forward and to provide the width from the full backs .

Defensively we are still alongside City the strongest in the league - the CB’s and the likes of Henderson and Fabinho are key to covering the full backs when they go forward.

Are you seriously for real ? Clyne was a f*cking RB you dolt ,so he's available to cover that slot whether he was afforded the game time or not . The long an tall and short of it is we've ***** UP letting him leave and not replacing him and until Trent returns we will have exposed a weakness in our game that I and the majority of long suffering Kopites thought the manager and the club had prioritized this season. I really don't see the need for your PR ***** and end of the rainbow guff,are you just depleted in the cranium stakes or just thrive off being argumentative ? I mean, we've all been here before Benny and it didn't work back then fella so give it a rest and for the love of all that is f*cking holy admit we're struggling eh ?
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Agree with this, an experienced defender who could play CB or RB wouldn't have broken the bank. With TAA, Lovren and particularly Gomez slow to return we are one more injury away from being in a very difficult position. We just have to hope we get the luck in the next 3 1/2 months.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:42 am

We should have used this window even if it was just a loan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill