Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:44 am wrote:But Suarez did everything within his power to move to one of our rivals, the only reason he didn't go was that John Henry dug his heels in and refused to let him go. Luis responded in typically classy fashion by going on Uruguayan radio and calling John Henry and Brendan 'liars' and then acting like a big kid in Melbourne walking around with a cob on and refusing to celebrate goals with his team mates.

But isn't it understandable. He had a release clause in his contract and despite it being met the club refused to let him go. The club didn't stick to their word and John Henry admitted it afterwards.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:53 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:44 am wrote:But Suarez did everything within his power to move to one of our rivals, the only reason he didn't go was that John Henry dug his heels in and refused to let him go. Luis responded in typically classy fashion by going on Uruguayan radio and calling John Henry and Brendan 'liars' and then acting like a big kid in Melbourne walking around with a cob on and refusing to celebrate goals with his team mates.

But isn't it understandable. He had a release clause in his contract and despite it being met the club refused to let him go. The club didn't stick to their word and John Henry admitted it afterwards.

He didn’t have a release clause
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:53 pm wrote:

Even if he did have a release clause, how can it be understandable that he wanted to move to Arsenal?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:09 pm

For f'ucks sake !

It's all a moot point as the likelihood of Suarez coming back to LFC is probably on a par with one of us winning the lottery !

BUT

To keep the discussion going   :)

To all those who are vehemently against a Suarez return I'd like to ask

If he'd never signed for us but had instead gone from Dutch football straight to Barcelona, and performing to his best would you now welcome the opportunity (if it existed) to sign him ?

If your answer is "Yes" then you're anti Suarez sentiment is based purely on emotion, completely disregarding the fella's ability  :kungfu:

If your answer is "No" !

:laugh:   :laugh:   :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:57 pm

We have moved on from Suarez - this is the guy who bit two player to try and force his way out of the club , it’s all history now and that’s where he stays - we have moved forward as a club and as a team and it’s now about the future.

Also have a feeling Klopp wouldn’t go near him as well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:59 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:09 pm wrote:For f'ucks sake !

It's all a moot point as the likelihood of Suarez coming back to LFC is probably on a par with one of us winning the lottery !

BUT

If he'd never signed for us but had instead gone from Dutch football straight to Barcelona, and performing to his best would you now welcome the opportunity (if it existed) to sign him ?

If your answer is "Yes" then you're anti Suarez sentiment is based purely on emotion, completely disregarding the fella's ability  :kungfu:

If your answer is "No" !

Football and specifically the fans input is all about emotion Woof, so of course we make our decisions based on emotion. I don’t see anything wrong with turning our backs on Suarez and Coutinho, I cannot understand making players like that the victims when they leave us high and dry (Coutinho left in the middle of the season and refused to play while taking his salary, Suarez was being instructed by Barcelona when he was still our player and also refused to play). They are mercenaries and when they show that side of themselves then those bridges need to be burned. There are plenty of players out there. You can leave a club without being a d1ck like Alonso did, its just about class and integrity.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:53 pm wrote:

He didn’t have a release clause

John Henry confirmed it here. Watch from 2mins.

Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:54 am

kazza » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:59 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:09 pm wrote:For f'ucks sake !

BUT

If your answer is "No" !

Football and specifically the fans input is all about emotion Woof, so of course we make our decisions based on emotion. I don’t see anything wrong with turning our backs on Suarez and Coutinho, I cannot understand making players like that the victims when they leave us high and dry (Coutinho left in the middle of the season and refused to play while taking his salary, Suarez was being instructed by Barcelona when he was still our player and also refused to play). They are mercenaries and when they show that side of themselves then those bridges need to be burned. There are plenty of players out there. You can leave a club without being a d1ck like Alonso did, its just about class and integrity.

Good post kazza and agreed. Football without emotion would be just a bunch of guys kicking a ball around. For me, the game just isn't what it used to be with all this money and all these emotionless mercenaries that have no respect or love for the club whatsoever. But the really sad part is that even the fans are starting to just accept it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:51 am

I think to me, its all about non-emotional business. If Suarez wants to come back and play for us, and if the transfer fee is just right, I'll pull that trigger if I were Klopp, because someone like Suarez would have doubled our chances of winning the league and we are in the business of winning trophies! And that's all there is to it gents!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:26 am

maguskwt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:51 am wrote:I think to me, its all about non-emotional business. If Suarez wants to come back and play for us, and if the transfer fee is just right, I'll pull that trigger if I were Klopp, because someone like Suarez would have doubled our chances of winning the league and we are in the business of winning trophies! And that's all there is to it gents!

Fair enough Mags, but team chemistry is a very delicate thing,  You put a mercenary in amongst a team with a selfless team ethos (like a Klopp side) and as good as a player as he may be, it may make things worse and he may go on to upset the apple cart. I’d rather use the money on an up and coming younger player or older player that believes in the project (like the effect McAlister had for example). Worth noting also that Suarez is not the player he was with us as he will only decline from now, so our memories of him will probably never be matched. Even at Barcelona he never individually had a year like that year he had with us and he was playing in a much better team. I think never go back.

I would also note that those saying bring him back are also basing their decisions on emotion. They want Sauarez to come back to replicate how he made them feel, they have these great memories of great goals he scored and they want him to do it again, is that not making decisions on emotion? As I said before, for us fans it is all about emotion! Whether you have a positive feeling or a negative feeling towards Suarez, it’s still a feeling.

I don’t think Klopp will ever sign Suarez anyway even if free as he seems to buy players that are all about the team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Hey Kazza, take a f*cking chill pill !

The chances of Suarez returning to LFC lie some where between will never happen and none at all .

We're just kicking the idea around that IF there was a possibility of him returning would we welcome him back.

Some, like yourself have made it clear that despite his ability you wouldn't want him here.

That's where my observation about "emotional" decisions stems from.

You're right when you say Footy is all about emotion BUT surely it's also about controlling sometimes juvenile emotions and accepting that some players, however much you may dislike their behaviour , would deffo add to the team.

I disagree with you comment that Suarez would "upset the apple cart" ! The fella (love him or hate him) is determination personified !, personally I think his will to win would fire up the squad to even greater levels.

Anyway mate, as i said , it's all a Moot point . We could go round and around on this one forever, Suarez wont be rejoining LFC.
:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:31 pm

I'm not sure why you are telling Kazza to take a chill pill mate, his post was hardly a rant.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:36 pm

https://youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI

We need him in the stands.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:I'm not sure why you are telling Kazza to take a chill pill mate, his post was hardly a rant.

Yeah Woof, you made some points and i just gave my opinion... and I was pretty relaxed at the time  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm

redshade » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:36 pm wrote:https://youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI

We need him in the stands.

Quality  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill