Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:53 pm

Moralistic? He wanted to leave us, not for Barcelona or Real Madrid but for one of our direct rivals! He threw a strop when we wouldn't sell him to Arsenal. He wanted to line up against us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:16 am

So what if we do not want him back because he left us, I’m OK with that. Football is all about emotion and loyalty, it is all supporters have as we certainly don’t get paid. We support our players regardless and that is what it is to be a supporter. Would I have wanted Maureen as a manager, Ronaldo as a player... Never! It would have been a real problem for me had we signed them. I would have taken Alonso back but not Mascherano, I am allowed to have an opinion. The way I see it I get to choose who I WANT to play for Liverpool but once they play for us I don’t and I must support because their success and my success (as a supporter) are linked. If discussing future transfers, I am more than happy to only want players that have not sh1t on the club. When Suarez bit the Italian at the WC, 99% of us here said enough is enough and sell the c.unt, so why now want him back? Maybe we should revisit the Suarez thread and see how many of those that are now saying bring him back wanted him sold because the way I remember it, most were angry.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:04 am

So the window is now closed..We have 3 injured defenders..No real cover for Robbo..Released a quality RB...Are we happy now? We are in a pivotal historical rare position and we just let it go by..People keep saying why sign someone for 3-4 weeks..we can manage..Players will return..Well lads Championships are decided within 3-4 weeks and sometime players dont retuen on time (Jo and Lovern for example)...Ffs we have the funds why not get some insurance? worse case we wont use it...Disgusted
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm

God - get the tissues

Randall has been added to the squad

The manager was never going to get a left back with two in the squad already

We have 4 CB’s the same as most of the other squads plus. DM that can play there as well

Clyne played a game and a half in just over 18 months ffs - he was 4th choice at best

The manager said right at the start we weren’t going to buy anyone and the manager was happy to use his squad .

Time to move on past crying about the f*cking window
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:52 pm wrote:God - get the tissues

Randall has been added to the squad

The manager was never going to get a left back with two in the squad already

We have 4 CB’s the same as most of the other squads plus. DM that can play there as well

Clyne played a game and a half in just over 18 months ffs - he was 4th choice at best

The manager said right at the start we weren’t going to buy anyone and the manager was happy to use his squad .

Time to move on past crying about the f*cking window

Your numbers are meaningless..Out of the 4 CBs..2 are injured!! Your RB is injured! Moreno is shiite..ill moan the as much i fcking want because its a bad place to be in..We will be facing Bayern with probably only 1 healthy CB..Gomez might be out for the year..How do you like your numbers now?

And yes i would rather have Fab in the MF then closing holes..Should have bought insurance.

Randall?? give me a fcking break
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Then we deal with it and move on

If people don’t understand the way the manager works then its going to be a struggle for you

Klopp was never going to go spend on the back of injuries - he said plenty of times , he is more than happy with his squad and the options he has

He is the one paid to do the job and I expect he knows a bit more about his players and squad than some key board warrior

Klopp will do what is needed and will adjust his squad and players - right now there is nothing concrete on both Lovren and Gomez

Klopp has got us this far doing it his way - hope about show some faith in him instead bleating like a bitch because he doesn’t do what you want
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:33 pm wrote:Then we deal with it and move on

If people don’t understand the way the manager works then its going to be a struggle for you

Klopp was never going to go spend on the back of injuries - he said plenty of times , he is more than happy with his squad and the options he has

He is the one paid to do the job and I expect he knows a bit more about his players and squad than some key board warrior

Klopp will do what is needed and will adjust his squad and players - right now there is nothing concrete on both Lovren and Gomez

Klopp has got us this far doing it his way - hope about show some faith in him instead bleating like a bitch because he doesn’t do what you want

You have no idea what's the purpose of this forum right? Pretty thick lad..We are here to talk share and yes bitch around..You are content in stating the obvious..Yes we wear red and Klopp is the manager good for you.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:03 pm

I can't believe we didn't use the January transfer window to offload the pair of shithouses algymoon and only me....looks like we have to suffer them for a little longer. :help
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:32 am

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:45 am

supersub » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 pm wrote:I can't believe we didn't use the January transfer window to offload the pair of shithouses algymoon and only me....looks like we have to suffer them for a little longer. :help

Live long and Suffer SuperSub...No idea what's your deal with me but i don't really care...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:06 am

I actually agree with Only Me, back in 2014 we didn't buy anyone and it probably cost us the title, we conceded over 50 goals that year and looking back we were probably a Virgil or a top class DM away from winning the thing. We only just missed out, we didn't have to improve much but we chose to sit on our hands despite being top at Christmas and knowing we had a leaky defence. Btw this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20, our fans were imploring the club to buy a DM after Lucas picked up a long term injury.
We have obvious deficiencies this year too, maybe not as obvious as 2014 but our midfield lacks genuine quality imo, The Echo are saying that Joe Gomez might need a second operation as well which would be a serious blow to our title aspirations, our defence hasn't looked the same since he got injured.
We are not the finished article by any means, considering we haven't won the title for 30 years and considering its regarded as the holy grail at this club and our raison d'etre I would have thought now would have been a good time to just freshen up the squad. Look at how ineffectual Lallana and Sturridge looked when they came on the other night, even bringing an impact player in on loan to sit on the bench would have helped.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:06 am wrote:I actually agree with Only Me, back in 2014 we didn't buy anyone and it probably cost us the title, we conceded over 50 goals that year and looking back we were probably a Virgil or a top class DM away from winning the thing. We only just missed out, we didn't have to improve much but we chose to sit on our hands despite being top at Christmas and knowing we had a leaky defence. Btw this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20, our fans were imploring the club to buy a DM after Lucas picked up a long term injury.
We have obvious deficiencies this year too, maybe not as obvious as 2014 but our midfield lacks genuine quality imo, The Echo are saying that Joe Gomez might need a second operation as well which would be a serious blow to our title aspirations, our defence hasn't looked the same since he got injured.
We are not the finished article by any means, considering we haven't won the title for 30 years and considering its regarded as the holy grail at this club and our raison d'etre I would have thought now would have been a good time to just freshen up the squad. Look at how ineffectual Lallana and Sturridge looked when they came on the other night, even bringing an impact player in on loan to sit on the bench would have helped.

Now you got yourself in the shiite list as well  :hearts
I remember watching the 2014 Transfer window come and go with disbelief how can the manager and the system display huge disconnect from reality and from the call of destiny..
To  BR credit he probably didn't get 1$ to spend from the owners and had to deal with it...This year i would have thrown 40-50m to get more insurance winning the EPL..Money we have BTW.
But will stop bitching don't want to upset the guys upstairs.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm

only me » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:06 am wrote:I actually agree with Only Me, back in 2014 we didn't buy anyone and it probably cost us the title, we conceded over 50 goals that year and looking back we were probably a Virgil or a top class DM away from winning the thing. We only just missed out, we didn't have to improve much but we chose to sit on our hands despite being top at Christmas and knowing we had a leaky defence. Btw this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20, our fans were imploring the club to buy a DM after Lucas picked up a long term injury.

Now you got yourself in the shiite list as well  :hearts
I remember watching the 2014 Transfer window come and go with disbelief how can the manager and the system display huge disconnect from reality and from the call of destiny..
To  BR credit he probably didn't get 1$ to spend from the owners and had to deal with it...This year i would have thrown 40-50m to get more insurance winning the EPL..Money we have BTW.
But will stop bitching don't want to upset the guys upstairs.

5 points clear at the top with just 14 games to go but with arguably the strongest club in world football breathing down our necks, I would have thought now would have been the perfect time just to add one or two.
Even loan deals would have done, people forget that the last time we won the title it was the loan signing of Ronny Rosenthal mid way through the season that got us over the line, Ronny is unfairly remembered for that miss against Villa but he scored 7 goals in 8 games during the 1990 run in and added a bit of pace and trickery to our attack. His contribution to our last title win was massive.
Hopefully come the end of May none of this will matter but make no mistake we've still got the toughest hurdles to come, during those last 7 or 8 games when fatigue, pressure and injuries really kick in many a front runner has unravelled, in fact during our heyday we were masters of taking advantage of teams stumbling just as the line came into sight, we won the double in 86 like that. City did the same to us in 2014 as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:20 am

Absoulately insane that we let Clyne go on loan with the amount of injuries piling up.

Typical drongoes on here justifying the idiocy of this decision.

Also not sure why we didn’t attempt to bring in at least a loan CB to cover the Gomez injury seeing as both matip and Lovren are so prone to getting injured.

Why take the risk? So so stupid.......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:46 am

I don't really mind not bringing in new players but the clyne exit really bugs me. I'm not sure what are the going-ons internally but IMO, we don't need to send him out on loan. All he needed to be told was look, we have plenty of games coming ahead in the run up and you'll have plenty of chances to stake your claim in the starting 11. Until before his injury, he was england's no.1 RB. Defensively he is alot more solid than TAA. Klopp may not like his style but he gives options. We wouldnt need to play Henderson as RB! and if we are solid defensively? The attackers can do their jobs and win us games...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill