Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby electrum » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Spot on Woof.

For me it's simple- would he keep our title tilt going if called upon?  YES

Would Origi/Sturridge  . NOT A CHANCE.

Ending a 29 year wait would make me forgive his misdemeanours or at the very least give me selective memory loss.  :D
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Sorry but he bit a player to force a move through 12 months after he had tried it the first time , he dragged the club through the mud with his incident with Evra , he just wanted to get to Barcelona - same with Coutinho , and that’s where they can stay - shouldn’t be allowed to wear the shirt- we have more pride than that
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:21 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:42 pm wrote:Sh*t !!!!!!!!!

Watching those goals in the link I posted again, I would f*cking love to have him back .

Not gonna cut off my nose to spite my face, whatever we may think of his personality and motives .

The fella is an  assassin !

Think or current strike force would Sh*t themselves and step up even further with Suarez challenging for a starting place !     :buttrock  :buttrock

Precisely woof
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:04 pm wrote:Sorry but he bit a player to force a move through 12 months after he had tried it the first time , he dragged the club through the mud with his incident with Evra , he just wanted to get to Barcelona - same with Coutinho , and that’s where they can stay - shouldn’t be allowed to wear the shirt- we have more pride than that

Agreed. It's not like there aren't other top players out there. We're a hot club right now with one of the best managers, I'm pretty sure a lot of players would love to play for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Luis made a **** of the club, a **** of Kenny and he threw a huge strop when we refused to sell him not to Barca, but to one of our top 4 rivals (Arsenal).
He was a great player but he was a complete and utter mercenary, a hired gun, he didn't care one jot about this club, in fact he spent most of his time here trying to engineer his way out the exit door.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 am

Yakka, what you say is true however he has an underlying animal need to win which meant he was determined to play on the biggest stage, Barcelona. The only guy capable of being bought by Barca and outshining Messi. He almost won the league for us, let's not pretend Sturridge and Sterling could have done it without him. The guy was so raw he bit people out of frustration and called Evra a south american nick name that played into the hands of his enemies. All he wanted to do was play footie and win. Liverpool was not his stage and it won't be again. He won't come back to the EPL which is too fast for an aging player compared to Italy.

A masterful player, gifted and industrious. We were lucky to have him, he gave us hope and his transfer money went towards building what we have today.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 am

I think he still has it about him to compete in this league and someone will pay him what he wants if he is looking for a return. Really doubt we would be interested in him if he was.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:53 am

Not sure if it would work with us financially however i will admit IF we got Luis here for the remainder of the campaign we will win this damn league with ease.

Firmino
Salah          Mane
      Suarez

Fek yeah....
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:57 am

He's still performing at Barcelona so I can't see him going anywhere.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:45 pm

eds » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:24 am wrote:
Reg » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 am wrote:[quote="[url=https://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1307543#p1307543]r

Thanks for that tip eds...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 pm wrote:Luis made a **** of the club, a **** of Kenny and he threw a huge strop when we refused to sell him not to Barca, but to one of our top 4 rivals (Arsenal).
He was a great player but he was a complete and utter mercenary, a hired gun, he didn't care one jot about this club, in fact he spent most of his time here trying to engineer his way out the exit door.

I just don't get this.
He is a professional footballer, world class at that, from Uruguay and WE bought him from Ajax. He was always going to play for europe's powerhouses.l and I hate to say this but when he was playing we were never considered one of the powerhouses in europe. He gave his all when he was playing at liverpool and everybody saw how distraught he was when Crystal Palace beat us and ended our title challenge. Suarez didnt owe Liverpool anything. Professional footballers are just that, they will go where they are paid more if they can and if you are a winner, go to clubs that can win you titles. He wasn't an academy product, he wasn't a local. What did he owe liverpool? He bit other ppl which was a very bad habit but nobody promised that he was the sharpest tool and don't get me started on that evra incident. For the neutral observer he did the right thing for his career as he won several league titles  and the CL with barca. For a professional footballer what more can you ask for? As a club we were never strong enough to keep a player of that class so don't hate the player, hate the game. The guy scored an insane 59 goals in one of his barca seasons i believe...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 pm

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:14 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 pm wrote:Luis made a **** of the club, a **** of Kenny and he threw a huge strop when we refused to sell him not to Barca, but to one of our top 4 rivals (Arsenal).

I just don't get this.
He is a professional footballer, world class at that, from Uruguay and WE bought him from Ajax. He was always going to play for europe's powerhouses.l and I hate to say this but when he was playing we were never considered one of the powerhouses in europe. He gave his all when he was playing at liverpool and everybody saw how distraught he was when Crystal Palace beat us and ended our title challenge. Suarez didnt owe Liverpool anything. Professional footballers are just that, they will go where they are paid more if they can and if you are a winner, go to clubs that can win you titles. He wasn't an academy product, he wasn't a local. What did he owe liverpool? He bit other ppl which was a very bad habit but nobody promised that he was the sharpest tool and don't get me started on that evra incident. For the neutral observer he did the right thing for his career as he won several league titles  and the CL with barca. For a professional footballer what more can you ask for? As a club we were never strong enough to keep a player of that class so don't hate the player, hate the game. The guy scored an insane 59 goals in one of his barca seasons i believe...

So you wouldn't be bothered if Mo or big Virgil signed for united? All just part of the game.....
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:14 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:01 pm wrote:

So you wouldn't be bothered if Mo or big Virgil signed for united? All just part of the game.....

Ahh... well that's different now isn't it? Suarez, Coutinho, Alonso and Masherano all went to another league. Not join our bitter rivals. That's why I was more affected by Torres joining Chelsea by any of the above. Just out of curiosity you don't seem to hold mych against Alonso and Masherano as you do against Suarez. Why is that?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:44 pm

But Suarez did everything within his power to move to one of our rivals, the only reason he didn't go was that John Henry dug his heels in and refused to let him go. Luis responded in typically classy fashion by going on Uruguayan radio and calling John Henry and Brendan 'liars' and then acting like a big kid in Melbourne walking around with a cob on and refusing to celebrate goals with his team mates.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill