Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:25 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:53 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:48 pm wrote:putting aside the fact that you can never have enough good players if he is only a back up why bring him in in the first place? Gomez has done a job at LB as has Milner and I'm sure Trent could fill in over there if need be.
We don't need 32 year old bench warmers on the payroll, he's not signing a new contract at Arsenal because he's looking to earn a few quid, well he can look somewhere else.

You need a left back at left back not a CB or a RB - we have a very good young left back coming through but needs a couple of seasons

Monreal is a very good experienced international left back who will do a very good job for a couple of seasons

Teams that win trophies have experienced players on the bench who are able to fill in when required. Monreal will do that and he will cost nothing and his wages won’t be mad.

It’s a win win situation

***** that, we are not a retirement home, he can go to United, they are signing players who are past their best.

Did you think the same when we got Gary Mc for a couple seasons or even Milner or bringing Fowler back ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Signing 32 year old back ups is pointless especially in a position that requires athleticism.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:54 pm

He is just a back up who will fill in - do you want Moreno coming on or someone like Monreal ?

It’s a weak area if Robbo gets hurt , unless there are other names to find he would do a job for a couple of years
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 am

What is this place? The Yakka-lallana in pajamas debate show??? :laugh:

You guys even ran out of qoutes and continue without the qoutes! :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Handbags at Dawn in the wildwest LFC debate forum. :wwww
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Luke Shaw would be worth a punt ,solid LB, quick,intelligent and skillful ,so much untapped potential for Klopp to eek out and Maureen doesn't like him. Monreal simply hasn't got the legs to carry the managers machinations for this team. 

Robertson needs quality competition to raise his game even further ,I'm hoping we pay the going rate for a quality addition in that area ,rather than a free transfer. i suspect we will also need a RB as I cant envisage Clyne sticking around ,Newcastle's Yedlin would be ideal,the lads f*cking rapid.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Shaw has just been given a new massive 5 year contract and is played when fit by Maureen
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:53 pm wrote:Luke Shaw would be worth a punt ,solid LB, quick,intelligent and skillful ,so much untapped potential for Klopp to eek out and Maureen doesn't like him. Monreal simply hasn't got the legs to carry the managers machinations for this team. 

Robertson needs quality competition to raise his game even further ,I'm hoping we pay the going rate for a quality addition in that area ,rather than a free transfer. i suspect we will also need a RB as I cant envisage Clyne sticking around ,Newcastle's Yedlin would be ideal,the lads f*cking rapid.

When was the last time the Mancs did business with us?
I remember when Rafa showed interest in one of their defenders about a decade ago, Gabrielle Heinz, and the Mancs would not do business with us.

It ain't gonna happen, and I don't rate Shaw anyhow.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:55 pm wrote:Shaw has just been given a new massive 5 year contract and is played when fit by Maureen

I think that's more to do with Mourinho's current predicament ,he's arguably been United's best player this season but if he's signed a new contract then that's that ! Is that all? Or are you going to ***** on Yedlin as well  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:13 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:55 pm wrote:Shaw has just been given a new massive 5 year contract and is played when fit by Maureen

I think that's more to do with Mourinho's current predicament ,he's arguably been United's best player this season but if he's signed a new contract then that's that ! Is that all? Or are you going to ***** on Yedlin as well  :D

Yedlin ? A right back isn’t he ? Bloody quick mind :D

But agree that Shaw is very good
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:53 pm wrote:Luke Shaw would be worth a punt ,solid LB, quick,intelligent and skillful ,so much untapped potential for Klopp to eek out and Maureen doesn't like him. Monreal simply hasn't got the legs to carry the managers machinations for this team. 

It might be slightly more advantageous if you read the full post fella  :;): Shaw from a 'purely defensive' aspect just edges out Robertson,whilst Andy's crossing is at times  superb his positioning and reading of the game still needs improving I just think Shaw is the more complete defender.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Andy Robertson may be the best LB we had since Aurelio in terms of talent. I know Riise was a more solid LB and had a better career but Andy has and Aurelio had better skill sets. Andy usually has his side covered. There may be times when he is abit too attack minded i believe this is Klopp's philosophy at play. Dont have that many complaints about Andy at all! What's more he doesnt seem to have that much drama and just goes about his job at playing his role, almost like how Finnan was.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:53 pm wrote:Luke Shaw would be worth a punt ,solid LB, quick,intelligent and skillful ,so much untapped potential for Klopp to eek out and Maureen doesn't like him. Monreal simply hasn't got the legs to carry the managers machinations for this team. 

It might be slightly more advantageous if you read the full post fella  :;): Shaw from a 'purely defensive' aspect just edges out Robertson,whilst Andy's crossing is at times  superb his positioning and reading of the game still needs improving I just think Shaw is the more complete defender.

Haven’t really seen too much of Shaw recently but I think I would still see Robbo as a better left back

As for RB , Gomez seems the back up at the moment
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:58 pm

maguskwt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:26 pm wrote:Andy Robertson may be the best LB we had since Aurelio in terms of talent. I know Riise was a more solid LB and had a better career but Andy has and Aurelio had better skill sets. Andy usually has his side covered. There may be times when he is abit too attack minded i believe this is Klopp's philosophy at play. Dont have that many complaints about Andy at all! What's more he doesnt seem to have that much drama and just goes about his job at playing his role, almost like how Finnan was.

Don't get me wrong Mags ,I rate Andy highly and he's the best LB we have had for some time ,but he still needs to improve the defensive side of his game which is possibly why the manager has him playing a more measured game of late.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:17 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:26 pm wrote:Andy Robertson may be the best LB we had since Aurelio in terms of talent. I know Riise was a more solid LB and had a better career but Andy has and Aurelio had better skill sets. Andy usually has his side covered. There may be times when he is abit too attack minded i believe this is Klopp's philosophy at play. Dont have that many complaints about Andy at all! What's more he doesnt seem to have that much drama and just goes about his job at playing his role, almost like how Finnan was.

Don't get me wrong Mags ,I rate Andy highly and he's the best LB we have had for some time ,but he still needs to improve the defensive side of his game which is possibly why the manager has him playing a more measured game of late.

Needs to improve his shooting as well, gets into some great positions but cant shoot for toffee. Get JAR in to coach him :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill