Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 pm wrote:Isn't that young lad Brewster back in December from injury? Think there was a promise of first team football for him when he signed that contract.

Pretty sure we promised him first team footy, as he seemed very close to leaving.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Given Man City hit headlines last week for a potential breach of FFP we see a German paper revisit FSG possibly selling the club given John W Henry's frustration that oil outfits are not being investigated correctly.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:50 am

This is the original story in the New York Post.   

Liverpool FC is quietly getting shopped for a sale

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/liverpool ... he-market/
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:54 am

7_Kewell » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:50 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 pm wrote:Isn't that young lad Brewster back in December from injury? Think there was a promise of first team football for him when he signed that contract.

Pretty sure we promised him first team footy, as he seemed very close to leaving.

I didn't know Brewster was close to leaving, are you sure you're not thinking of Jerome Sinclair mate? He actually left and went to Watford (who then quickly sold him on to Sunderland).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:26 pm

I think it was related to Brewster possibly opting for a European side, sure i read something on those lines.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm

A lot of Brewster stuff was all paper rumours - they reported that some clubs were after him and he was worried about his chances but it was all nonsense and Klopp got the contract offer changed to a better one to reflect a first team squad player - he is still getting over his injury and op
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:27 pm

I think the promise of first team football played a big part in Brewster staying: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/rhian-brewster-i-want-first-team-football-so-if-would-have-meant-leaving-liverpool-id-have

I wanted to be playing first-team football and if that meant going, I’d have gone,”
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:51 am

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 pm wrote:I think the promise of first team football played a big part in Brewster staying: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/rhian-brewster-i-want-first-team-football-so-if-would-have-meant-leaving-liverpool-id-have

I wanted to be playing first-team football and if that meant going, I’d have gone,”

Your Honour, I rest my case.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am

Apparently we're after Ousmane Dembele (have been for a while as far as I know, seems like Klopp rates him). What are your thoughts on him? Looked like a good player but his discipline is a concern and there must be a reason why Barca are willing to offload such an expensive signing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:45 pm

damjan193 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 am wrote:Apparently we're after Ousmane Dembele (have been for a while as far as I know, seems like Klopp rates him). What are your thoughts on him? Looked like a good player but his discipline is a concern and there must be a reason why Barca are willing to offload such an expensive signing.

He'd be a terrific signing but I think we probably need someone like Fekir more than we need a wide forward.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Smoke and mirrors Yakka, LFC don't publicise who we're going for any more.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

It does sound like Klopp is a big fan of Ousmane Dembele. It was reported that he was our number one target the summer he chose Dortmund over us with Klopp actually meeting with him but failing to convince him to make the move to Anfield. We got Mane instead so it didn't turn out too bad. There was also plenty this summer that suggested that if Griezmann sealed his move to Barcelona we would be interested in bringing Dembele here even if it was only a 2 year loan deal. But the guy has world class ability so I can't see Barcelona letting him go. If he get's impatient playing second fiddle to Coutinho, Messi and Suarez then I can see Klopp trying to bring him in. He's a special talent.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Rumour is we are trying to offload Fabinho for £70m so we can make a offer for Christian Pulisic. I'm feeling Klopp is worried Fabinho won't get to the speed of the prem and his value is still high enough to cash in.. if it's true I'd be really sad, I think Fab has alot of potential.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:46 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:42 pm wrote:Rumour is we are trying to offload Fabinho for £70m so we can make a offer for Christian Pulisic. I'm feeling Klopp is worried Fabinho won't get to the speed of the prem and his value is still high enough to cash in.. if it's true I'd be really sad, I think Fab has alot of potential.

You need to stop smoking drugs mate. What utter tosh.
:wwww
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:45 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 am wrote:Apparently we're after Ousmane Dembele (have been for a while as far as I know, seems like Klopp rates him). What are your thoughts on him? Looked like a good player but his discipline is a concern and there must be a reason why Barca are willing to offload such an expensive signing.

He'd be a terrific signing but I think we probably need someone like Fekir more than we need a wide forward.

We need more attacking midfielders, that's true. We have too many defensive minded players :.
Fabinho, Milner, Hendo, Wjnaldum, Keita... Etc.
It's not good and very negative approach by our Manager to recruit such players.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill